Rapid's B7610 Sense 2.5.2021 ROM

Guest Rapid81

Guest wolfspirit

I'm still testing this ROM. It's stable (if Sense is disabled) and fast. If you remove some small errors and enable Sense in horizontal mode this will be one of the best and nice looking cooked ROM's. Especial mapping of physical keyboard is painful. I also noticed that in most applications only second characters of two last rows are wrong but in Opera and IE almost all ALT characters of keyboard are wrong.

Daskalos replaced Samsung Keyboard with EZ Input and this is great virtual keyboard:

http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-download-ezinput.html

He also work around problem with Sense consuming resource problems:

http://www.modaco.com/content/b7610-omnia-...7610-23144-rom/

Also his ROM’s have no problem with scroll bars in phone application and Samsung Today placement on the screen. Maybe it’s registry or other tweaking.

Grat benefit of you ROM is front camera support and very good screen rotation when I use the keyboard. Daskalos ROM's have sometimes issues with that.

My WLAN now is working fine. I noticed that WLAN enabling problems have new cooked ROMS with new builds of windows.

To easily customize and install user application is good to integrate UC Net Portable:

http://www.modaco.com/content/b7610-omnia-...7610-23145-rom/

For me O2Flash mapped by default to the key is useless because enable in my pocket when device is unlocked and dry battery. I mapped OK/Close to the key to fastly close applications.

Ant the last. You add “My own call screen with bigger caller picture” but in 12 may ROM version is still very small caller picture.

Guest Princeagarwal

this is really a great rom, i hav disabled Chome and am getting about 67 mb free ram at start up with sense enabled, morover if i disable dialer skin then its another mb free i.e. 77mb free with sense, its bout 97 mb free without sense

Also the ring delay is gone

Thanx rapid for blessing us with this great rom

I have a query, which skin for winmo dialer appears when we start the phone without sim?

It looks really good, can be a good replacement for the samsung dialer

Guest cappuccina

Hi,

I really like your rom(s) but I again had the problem that after installing a .cab (this time it was a .cab to disable chome cause I wanted to have more Ram free)

that my phone won't boot anymore.

It just stays black after the samsung screen. I had to reflash AGAIN! :P

I also lost some numbers and sms (which is not that bad this time) but you never know when it will happen again and maybe next time I will loose something important.

You really have no idea what causes this behaviour? I really would want to use your rom.

Nevertheless you are doing a great job.

Thx.

Guest Princeagarwal

@cappina

i also once faced this "stuck at samsung logo problem, dont know wat causes it, but the solution to it is to reboot without a sim card, on the reboot phone will be back to normal and thereafter you can again put ur sim and reboot :P

Guest cappuccina

oh, great. Good to know. Will try this when I face this problem again. But for now I'm testing another sense rom (for comparison :P ) Thx for the hint.

Guest Rapid81
Hi,

I really like your rom(s) but I again had the problem that after installing a .cab (this time it was a .cab to disable chome cause I wanted to have more Ram free)

that my phone won't boot anymore.

It just stays black after the samsung screen. I had to reflash AGAIN! :P

I also lost some numbers and sms (which is not that bad this time) but you never know when it will happen again and maybe next time I will loose something important.

You really have no idea what causes this behaviour? I really would want to use your rom.

Nevertheless you are doing a great job.

Thx.

And what was that .cab file? Many people said this problem was caused by some kind of program.

Guest Princeagarwal

@capuccina

ur welcum, do let me know if you can find anything smoother than this beast :P

@rapid

can we do any tweak to free a little more ram, actually the free ram keeps going down with usage so it would be better to have greater ram at start, i really like the samsung dialer so i dont want to disable it

thanks for the great rom

Guest cappuccina
And what was that .cab file? Many people said this problem was caused by some kind of program.

hmm, it was the .cab file from Daskalos to disable windows Startmenu. I think it just makes a Change in registry, so not a special program.

And the first time I don't remember what .cab file I used. It could be that it was something that also changed only the registry. But I'm not sure. :P

Guest Rapid81
@rapid

can we do any tweak to free a little more ram, actually the free ram keeps going down with usage so it would be better to have greater ram at start, i really like the samsung dialer so i dont want to disable it

thanks for the great rom

The Sense is a RAM eater. You cannot change the hunger. This UI is not designed to our phones. The HTC phones has 512MB RAM, not 256. The leaking RAM doesn'T matter there.

Guest Princeagarwal

@rapid

oh its ok :P

without dialer i have 75 mb ram at start up, thats plenty of ram, good for multi tasking, now i never have to switch sense off :rolleyes:

all thanx to you

Guest Jose197365644321345678

Hi,

WIFI dont work

I had he same Problem after installing a cab. my phone won't boot anymore.

thx

Guest kaspy

hi Rapid

how are u dear

well thanks for cooking a great rom bro.

well i have following problems.

1.samsung phone dialer has a slide (to do up and down on the right side ) which must not be there. means it takes a space where the 3,6,9 numbers are there though they can be pressed , but would be good if u remove it .

2.i feel there is some wake up delay , as i was previoursly using daskalos armani v3 and it didnt have it

3.in the start menu "alarms" doesnt have icon

4.would be good if we can add samsung photo its great app

5.sms and mms of samsung missing

6.would be good if we rename photo album to photo , touch player to media and touch calander to calander and so on

7.iam not able to login in the twitter in sense.

8. and would be great if we have sense in landscape tooo

one more thing ,

well when we soft reset the deice and when we open start menu , instead of the lock icon on the below taskbar , phone icon or keypad icon comes

plz fix

well congratulations for the good build.

well i can dump and mail u the je2 if u want to build on je2 prince asked me to do that for you ,

well hope i will do it today.

well rapid bro if you willing to make one armani rom i would love that , i can help you , in that ever way you want.

thanks and regards

Edited by kaspy

Guest Princeagarwal

@jose

wifi works for me

try switching it 'on' in the samsung settings

if phone sticks at boot screen then restart phone without sim, it will be fyn

Guest nambaby

Hi Everyone,

This ROM is the fastest and most stable Sense ROM I have ever tried. Almost everything is perfect.

But It has still some problems, As other ROMs of Daskalos I tried:

I can't login in Facebook

Icon for selecting Account in Email tab is not aligned correctly

The BOLD font is not clear to see. Original is better I Think

How can i fix these problem ?

Edited by nambaby

Guest peterweter

Like it a LOT !! Thanks for the good work !

One miner problem I found is that the phone has got a scroll bar, how to fix?

Greets,

Peter

Guest cappuccina
One miner problem I found is that the phone has got a scroll bar, how to fix?

Greets,

Peter

You can use advance config tool to adjust the thickness of the scrollbar or select no scrollbar at all. But this will effect all apps with a scrollbar, means there will be no scrollbar in all apps. :D

Or you can use daskalos' samsung dialer for 6.5.x.cab which you will probably find here somewhere in the forum.

Guest Princeagarwal

FOR ALL THOSE WHO DONT LIKE THE SCROLL BAR WITH THE SAMSUNG DIALER

HERE IS THE CAB FOR 6.5.X DIALER ( thanx to daskalos for making and cappucina for telling )

www.modaco.com/content-page/309970/b7610-roms-experiment-series/page/180/

post no. 194

Guest cappuccina

Hey,

so I really like this Rom. Its fast and stable. Haven't had the "phone won't boot anymore" problem since my last flash. :D <- was writing it while my phone wasn't booting! haha....:D Nevermind.

But one more thing thats anoying, is my hardware keyboard. Its just the "?" and the "_" that are not working. Everything else is correct.

Maybe if there will be a second version, you could try this suggestion which helped another chef with his Roms that had the same problem.

Can you check this?

Sumit Bhardwaj wrote somewhere here in the forum, that microsoft remote desktop mobile can be the reason for hardware keyboard problems. I will make the rom without it to give that a try

THX for your Rom.

Edited by cappuccina

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Princeagarwal

@wolfspirit.

not yet i think

kaspy will be uploading JE2 dump soon then rapid will cook the new rom on the newer dump

He will be doing it in a day or so