Unknown Baseband

Guest tempest6696

Guest tempest6696

Hopefully someone can help me here:

Having searched the forum I can't find an answer to getting my phone working. At present in he phones system and about phone the baseband is "Unknown". I can't make calls or use it as a"phone" as there is no network (apart from that the phone works on wifi and and the various programs work, unless they need the data connection) I have run the following processes numerous times:

Smartflash- as admin and in compatibility but it times out at 50%. Have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers but will still not work (Win7 64) This only happens on a baseband file (fls) I can flash the system file (bin) without a problem

NVflash- This works without a problem but as far as I can see it does not include a baseband (unless there is a nvflash rom with it in< please point me in the right direction)

Is there any way of getting the baseband back onto the phone other than what I've tried.

Is it possible to put the fls file on the sdcard and install from there. If so how?

Edited by tempest6696

Guest tempest6696
Can you get access to another PC to try?

Have tried on two other laptops in the house, both run windows 7 32 and have had no luck with them either :mellow:

Whats really frustrating is that I have successfully used smartflash previously on my pc and since then there has been no alterations or updates to the pc so I can't work out why it won't work.

Edited by tempest6696

Guest tempest6696
Hopefully someone can help me here:

Having searched the forum I can't find an answer to getting my phone working. At present in he phones system and about phone the baseband is "Unknown". I can't make calls or use it as a"phone" as there is no network (apart from that the phone works on wifi and and the various programs work, unless they need the data connection) I have run the following processes numerous times:

Smartflash- as admin and in compatibility but it times out at 50%. Have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers but will still not work (Win7 64) This only happens on a baseband file (fls) I can flash the system file (bin) without a problem

NVflash- This works without a problem but as far as I can see it does not include a baseband (unless there is a nvflash rom with it in< please point me in the right direction)

Is there any way of getting the baseband back onto the phone other than what I've tried.

Is it possible to put the fls file on the sdcard and install from there. If so how?

If anyone out there can give me some guidance to this problem I would really appreciate it as I still have not resolved the unknown baseband issue

Guest mankian

have you tried using LG's software? I think that includes a baseband (though you'll be back to stock!). Does sound like your phone might have a problem though if it keeps not wanting to flash that particular bit.

If it were me id do nvflash to get it back to stock recovery and then id do a LG update. Mind you I am very very new to android and this might brick it so...

Guest tempest6696
have you tried using LG's software? I think that includes a baseband (though you'll be back to stock!). Does sound like your phone might have a problem though if it keeps not wanting to flash that particular bit.

If it were me id do nvflash to get it back to stock recovery and then id do a LG update. Mind you I am very very new to android and this might brick it so...

No chance of bricking it as the lg software gets so far and then telll me to disconnect the cable, remove battery and then restart the phone. If I manage to get further it just fails due to error and to contact LG

Guest mankian

I'm betting the LG software and smartflash software are getting stuck at the same bit. Doesn't sound good, I hope someone else has some ideas anyway...

Worse comes to worse, flash it back to lg using nvflash, then take it to shop and say its fubard, you didnt flash anything/etc.

Guest tempest6696
I'm betting the LG software and smartflash software are getting stuck at the same bit. Doesn't sound good, I hope someone else has some ideas anyway...

Worse comes to worse, flash it back to lg using nvflash, then take it to shop and say its fubard, you didnt flash anything/etc.

Think a return to shop is going to be my only resolution to this, so will give that a go.