Trouble Rooting my GT540 running 2.1

Guest daveeee2011

Guest daveeee2011

Hey guys,

I'm fairly new to android devices and I've been trying to root my LG GT540. I've tried installing the drivers and they all seem to install correctly but when I run root.bat it says that no device is found> now i have uninstalled and installed and rebooted my computer many times just to get the drivers running so I can root my phone but nothing is working. I'm only trying to root my phone so I can use Apps2SD as my phone storage is fairly low. Any advice?

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Guest despotovski01
Hey guys,

I'm fairly new to android devices and I've been trying to root my LG GT540. I've tried installing the drivers and they all seem to install correctly but when I run root.bat it says that no device is found> now i have uninstalled and installed and rebooted my computer many times just to get the drivers running so I can root my phone but nothing is working. I'm only trying to root my phone so I can use Apps2SD as my phone storage is fairly low. Any advice?

Thanks in advance,

Dave

You can root your device with Z4root(it's an application). You can get it from here: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?0dc6yccrlm3d8cg

Guest despotovski01
It keeps telling me to enable USB Debugging, it's enabled??

It isn't enabled by default. You'll have to enable it in settings/applications/development.

Guest daveeee2011

Okay thanks,

I managed to get my phone rooted using z4root. Now im having trouble getting app2sd working, I don't have a card reader, is it necessary?

Guest fdespotovski
Okay thanks,

I managed to get my phone rooted using z4root. Now im having trouble getting app2sd working, I don't have a card reader, is it necessary?

It's not.You can partition your card when the phone is plugged in your pc and the sd card mounted.