2.6.32 froyo kernel

Guest leeshore

Guest James Kei
bumping in case some dev has missed this :unsure:

Are you wishing someone here to port keneral 2.6.32 to U8220/U8230, or they are for U8150 device ?

Guest rangeoshun
Are you wishing someone here to port keneral 2.6.32 to U8220/U8230, or they are for U8150 device ?

Pardon my trolling, but: What makes you think that in this topic people hoping for a 8150 kernel ? :unsure:

Guest rangeoshun

As I browsed it through this 375mb kernelsource, it seems it has driversupport for a lot of devices. But we couldn't find all the exact hware names. Would somebody confirm it that all the drivers, so I can start to compile with confidence :unsure: Or would it be a waste of time, coz somebody is already working on it.

And could this be the reason why people manage to get a fully working cm7 to the m860?

Cheers!

Edited by rangeoshun

Guest James Kei
As I browsed it through this 375mb kernelsource, it seems it has driversupport for a lot of devices. But we couldn't find all the exact hware names. Would somebody confirm it that all the drivers, so I can start to compile with confidence :unsure: Or would it be a waste of time, coz somebody is already working on it.

And could this be the reason why people manage to get a fully working cm7 to the m860?

Cheers!

Will this 2.6.32 kernel speed up a lot compare with 2.6.29 ? given CM7 already working, it make very good match with U8220, but the only problem is that, I only has ~39mb RAM free after install CM7, will this kernel use even more RAM ?

I will try it once boot.img is ready.

cheers, keep up the good work.

James

Guest jimmie32

If this works for the U82(2/3)0 series, that would fix a few problems, right? Maybe the copybit thingy in CM7? Not sure, but as far as I can remember, it was because we didn't have the .3x kernel.

Now that we got it... maybe we can have another advancement in development :unsure:

I'll compile it and see if I can flash it on my u8220-6. Compiling a whole kernel takes a while especially in a virtual machine, so lets see if it's good. :)

Guest James Kei
If this works for the U82(2/3)0 series, that would fix a few problems, right? Maybe the copybit thingy in CM7? Not sure, but as far as I can remember, it was because we didn't have the .3x kernel.

Now that we got it... maybe we can have another advancement in development :unsure:

I'll compile it and see if I can flash it on my u8220-6. Compiling a whole kernel takes a while especially in a virtual machine, so lets see if it's good. :)

Looking forward to your new kernel.

great !

Guest rangeoshun
Will this 2.6.32 kernel speed up a lot compare with 2.6.29 ? given CM7 already working, it make very good match with U8220, but the only problem is that, I only has ~39mb RAM free after install CM7, will this kernel use even more RAM ?

I will try it once boot.img is ready.

cheers, keep up the good work.

James

The kernel itself is 2.2mb, so no it will use roughly the same. If it has funktions that requires more memory maybe. But hopefully it'll make better use of the free ram, and get some stuff working like camera, bettery temperature, etc...

This is a froyo kernel, so if not else, will have a great 2.2.

Guest j1exus

I'm sorry, but I don't understand... Is this kernel for our devices(u82(2/3)0) or what?.. If yes, does it contain all necessary drivers, for examle, front camera driver&

Guest jimmie32

After some digging, no, unfortunately, it doesn't seem to include a camera driver, but I haven't dug really deep into it... Will do when weekend comes and compile it.

Battery temperature is confirmed to be there, there is a driver for some kind of temperature sensor.

I still haven't seen AK8973 (Compass + Accelerometer combo in our phone) anywhere in that kernel yet... if I do, we might see a fix for the rotation bug. :unsure:

Will keep you guys posted.

Guest rulerofkaos
After some digging, no, unfortunately, it doesn't seem to include a camera driver, but I haven't dug really deep into it... Will do when weekend comes and compile it.

Battery temperature is confirmed to be there, there is a driver for some kind of temperature sensor.

I still haven't seen AK8973 (Compass + Accelerometer combo in our phone) anywhere in that kernel yet... if I do, we might see a fix for the rotation bug. :unsure:

Where did you find the driver? I can't find any driver folder.

Guest rangeoshun

Isn't this what you're looking for?

\kernel\drivers\i2c\chips\ak8973.c

\kernel\include\linux\akm8973.h

Have you looked into the camera yet? Could be a serious improvement too..

Edited by rangeoshun

Guest James Kei
I'm sorry, but I don't understand... Is this kernel for our devices(u82(2/3)0) or what?.. If yes, does it contain all necessary drivers, for examle, front camera driver&

U8220 has front camera ? :unsure:

Guest rangeoshun
U8220 has front camera ? :unsure:

:) :P ;) :o I ment THE camera for CM7.

Edited by rangeoshun

Guest jimmie32
Isn't this what you're looking for?

\kernel\drivers\i2c\chips\ak8973.c

\kernel\include\linux\akm8973.h

Have you looked into the camera yet? Could be a serious improvement too..

Aah, sorry, stupid me...

If I had the part number of the camera it would be better, digging through C files for references isn't my best field...

Will be compiling this, if I figure out a way to flash it onto U8220 later :unsure:

There are two cameras, rear (3.15MP, AF) and front (0.3MP VGA, Fixed-Focus), we only had the rear one in CM6/2.2 and now none in CM7/2.3. I'm going to look into it as I said, I hope to get something exciting out by Monday.

Guest thisweb

Is anyone able to contact Tom or Antonio about this?, sure he'd love to know but he doesn't visit here much. I reckon he'd be able to fix this up in a jiffy!

Guest yunzhiyue
Aah, sorry, stupid me...

If I had the part number of the camera it would be better, digging through C files for references isn't my best field...

Will be compiling this, if I figure out a way to flash it onto U8220 later :unsure:

There are two cameras, rear (3.15MP, AF) and front (0.3MP VGA, Fixed-Focus), we only had the rear one in CM6/2.2 and now none in CM7/2.3. I'm going to look into it as I said, I hope to get something exciting out by Monday.

+1 refueling

加油 兄弟

Guest jimmie32

An interesting update: Don't get your hopes up though, as I haven't read the entire multitouch topic in this forum and I'm not really sure this was here all along, but:

MULTITOUCH.

Yes.

Oh, I haven't compiled and tested it yet, but there's an interesting find here, in /drivers/touchscreen/synaptics_i2c_rmi.c

Lines 146-150

/* int x2 = buf[3+6] | (uint16_t)(buf[2+6] & 0x1f) << 8; */

/* int y2 = buf[5+6] | (uint16_t)(buf[4+6] & 0x1f) << 8; */

/* int z2 = buf[1+6]; */

/* int w2 = buf[0+6] >> 4; */

/* int finger2 = buf[0+6] & 7; */

There's (obviously) commented out code for a second finger input source. This means, we can at least get dualtouch (pinch-to-zoom?) working... if this driver is the one used in our pulses.

More research is needed, I'll try to compile the kernel first tonight, and see what I can do. This is just a really quick (but exciting!) update :unsure: