2.6.32 froyo kernel

Guest leeshore

Guest James Kei
come on,everybaby for 32.we`ll waiting for you。you can do it!

How about hack into U8150 stock rom 2.2 kernel ? and reduce it slim down for U8220 ?

;) :P :D

Edited by James Kei

Guest rangeoshun
How about hack into U8150 stock rom 2.2 kernel ? and reduce it slim down for U8220 ?

AntonioPT tried, but didn't succeed.. yet at least.

On:

- I used the config.gz file from my phone, so needed to add: CONFIG_RFKILL_PM=y.

- The keypad solution the same as Jimmy's.

- I tried to replace hw3d.c from the u8150, htc legend, mytouch3g, and of course AntonioPT's. All compiling, but non of them seem to matter where I am right now. It's funny actually, that all hw3d.c-s seem to work better then the included :P

- I think I managed the diagfwd.c problem, by adding a newer version from CodeAurora, it only needed a little modification in Kconfig, to run menuconfig. >>>LINK

Conclusion:

Kernel compiles. I built the boot.img manually and flashed it via fastboot, and also used kernel updating zip i found, to make sure that no missing modules making the problem, but I'm not getting through the splash screen. Looking at the bright side, no bootloops :D Since I don't know s*** about kernels, I'm just shooting in the dark, after googling a lot, it would be great if someone could help. Because honestly, I haven't got the slightest clue, what could be wrong?!

Here's the flashable zip, but IT DOESN'T WORK: unbootable .32 kernel + modules

Cheers!

ps.: Intrestingly all the .32 kernels I tried to compile behaved the same in this manner, they all hang on splash screen. Most likely it's just intresting, becouse of my lack of knowledge :D Sad, but true..

ps2: Do you think, the defconf for our mobo would boot? Isaac made a bootable kernel for m860 with their defconf... just wondering out loud ;)

edit> Theres no defconfig included. The closest is msm-defconfig, but same result as before :D

Edited by rangeoshun

Guest rangeoshun

So I was thinking. I compiled a lot of .32 kernels whitch is for phones, that has the same board as ours. Non of them will boot. I couldn't get the serial debug online. If I could have a .29 version one of the kernels I tried and failed, I could diff it to see whats different between it's and ours, and maybe, maybe find something that could help make it go! Does this make sense? Any dev to confirm, that this is a good idea and could lead somewhere?

Cheers!

Guest thisweb
"Proof of life." (That Tom G is still alive and working on the U8220.) :)

Anyone able tobuild and test rom with toms new updates ? B) maybe its nearly complete ?

Guest Casterina
Anyone able tobuild and test rom with toms new updates ? :) maybe its nearly complete ?

I would sure be willing to test out the updated rom B)

• 4 months later...

it's amazing people how you are trying to make runable kernels blindly - not seeing kernel log output.

I've managed to get tty0 output to screen. (Not without issues, but way better than nothing).

it's amazing people how you are trying to make runable kernels blindly - not seeing kernel log output.

I've managed to get tty0 output to screen. (Not without issues, but way better than nothing).

pier11 continues, can you get to build a kernel for our pulse

sorry for my English, translated by google

Edited by 7EMAK