[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

Guest godmode

can't seem to get titanium backup to be granted superuser privileges. I have done the adb shell stuff to change the permissions on /system/bin/su but it still doesn't want to play ball. 318vert, how did you get titanium to work correctly?

Fantastic work corvus and newbie!

Guest Sir Gash
can't seem to get titanium backup to be granted superuser privileges. I have done the adb shell stuff to change the permissions on /system/bin/su but it still doesn't want to play ball. 318vert, how did you get titanium to work correctly?

It worked for me, if you haven't rebooted then try going into Titanium and click Menu > More > Reload application, this worked for me.

Guest bewA

I made a post some pages back on how to fix super user. search is your friend :unsure:

Guest Jisonga

Just seen some new tweets about this cant wait.

Still playing with alpha 3 and loving it but if alpha 4 allows us to use gapps thats about all i need to leave this on my tablet for a while.

On a side note which version of flash are you guys using with the latest HC rom.

Jason.

Guest HunteronX
Corvus tweet

VegaComb alpha4 soon.. with Google Apps working... wait for Zebwen tweet.

Nice - this is brilliant news!

Also, thank you for the info partner2! :unsure:

Guest Maxwell4321

Well I installed it and everything went relatively smoothly, well impressed :)

however after I moved some apps to sd to free up a bit of space and then went back into Titanium backup to restore the remaining apps I left it running while I made a cup of tea and when I got back to it the vega had shutdown and just boot looped, so I had to reflash to stock to get it up and running again :unsure:

Anyway I obviously realise that this is probably related to one of the apps that was being installed at the time so when I get another 5 mins I will try to repeat the problem and see if I can find what caused it.

Going to wait for Alpha 4 before flashing again.

Cracking work on the ROM guys thanks

Edited by Maxwell4321

Guest Paddybap

Bit of a noob here so apologies for annoying anyone.

Having issues trying to load this ROM, would anyone be willing to giving me a few step by step instructions on how to go about installing this?

I'm using Mac OS.

Guest casey99
Bit of a noob here so apologies for annoying anyone.

Having issues trying to load this ROM, would anyone be willing to giving me a few step by step instructions on how to go about installing this?

I'm using Mac OS.

I'm pretty sure you need either Windows or Linux to flash this rom. (Unless more experienced members know better)

I think it's because there aren't any drivers for Mac. Maybe a live Linux disc would work or borrow a Windows machine.

Guest Paddybap
I'm pretty sure you need either Windows or Linux to flash this rom. (Unless more experienced members know better)

I think it's because there aren't any drivers for Mac. Maybe a live Linux disc would work or borrow a Windows machine.

Well I have a Windows machine aswell, I have downloaded the necessary files extracted them etc. Just a bit confused as to what I do now.

Thanks again

Guest Batlin

Great job guys! I want to try it now but as Paddybap I don't know how to start. I downloaded Alpha4 and I'm on Linux with Android SDK installed :unsure:.

Thank you very much,

Guest Jisonga

You can log in to your google account ok and i have downloaded the bbc iplayer app from market so all thats working ok, now just to sort out flash.

Jason.

Guest HunteronX

I found a Wi-FI bug in Alpha 4 that I think was also in Alpha 3. If you try to connect to a hidden SSID, it doesn't work. Also static IP settings aren't available in the 'Advanced' section of the Wi-Fi settings section.

EDIT: I managed to set the addresses by long pressing on the Wi-Fi network I added, and choosing 'Modify network', but the tablet still won't connect to it.

Edited by HunteronX

Guest casey99
Well I have a Windows machine aswell, I have downloaded the necessary files extracted them etc. Just a bit confused as to what I do now.

Thanks again

If you look in the unzipped folder there is a pdf file which gives you detailed instructions how to do this job, and what you need to download, (drivers, official rom etc.)

Not intending to criticize but if you are that much of a noob maybe you need to do a lot more reading and try some of the other roms not a very experimental alpha release. :unsure:

Guest gavinlew
Great job guys! I want to try it now but as Paddybap I don't know how to start. I downloaded Alpha4 and I'm on Linux with Android SDK installed :unsure:.

Thank you very much,

unzip the file you have downloaded

then

chmod 755 Restore_Linux.sh

chmod 755 tools\nvflash

Open up the PDF file following the instructions to get the tablet into recovery mode then

sudo ./Restore_linux.sh and watch Honeycomb being flashed to your device.