Guest Melted
Root not working for me again :unsure:

+1

using this trick again worked for me again

adb remount

adb shell

chmod 06755 /system/bin/su

exit

on the other side, market is working and looks amazing.

Thanks guys!

Edited by Melted

Guest Paddybap
If you look in the unzipped folder there is a pdf file which gives you detailed instructions how to do this job, and what you need to download, (drivers, official rom etc.)

Not intending to criticize but if you are that much of a noob maybe you need to do a lot more reading and try some of the other roms not a very experimental alpha release. :unsure:

Ta for the help.

Guest Batlin
unzip the file you have downloaded

then

chmod 755 Restore_Linux.sh

chmod 755 tools\nvflash

Open up the PDF file following the instructions to get the tablet into recovery mode then

sudo ./Restore_linux.sh and watch Honeycomb being flashed to your device.

Thank you! Doing it now :unsure:

Guest partner2
WTF? I tested it! I'll check it out soon :/ Sorry!

Don't worry. Your work is amazing anyway :unsure:

+1

adb remount

adb shell

exit

me too

Guest spacecadetuk

just (insert expletive here) superb work guys, only just started playing with Alpha4 but from what i've seen it's just about sutiable for day to day use,

thanks for all the work :unsure:

Guest newbe5

OH MY GOD! I fixed SU, then reverted back to a previous version before release... So it's broken again.

I am badword stupid :unsure:

UPCOMING, ALPHA4a, with SU!!! OMG!!111 (joking, you can fix it yourselves for now :))

newbe5

Edited by newbe5

Guest warriorscot

Had to use the SU fix but thats a pretty easy fix so wont update to 4a unless there is something else in there worth updating for.

Definitely liking 4 better than 3.

Kinda wished it had link4sd support that would get rid of all the problems with honeycomb taking up so much space.

Is anyone one but me in love with the fact that the keyboard is brilliant. It actually has a tab key which is brilliant.

Definately going to give this version a go for a couple of days or at least until alpha5 hits the streets. Although since you are releasing them aren;t they technically betas.

Guest gattor
+1

adb remount

adb shell

exit

on the other side, market is working and looks amazing.

Thanks guy!

It also works for me.

Guest orchid666
OH MY GOD! I fixed SU, then reverted back to a previous version before release... So it's broken again.

I am badword stupid :unsure:

UPCOMING, ALPHA4a, with SU!!! OMG!!111

newbe5

I think you can be forgiven! :-) Thanks again for the mediafire links. Flashing now!

Guest WWEpsp

a fast cuestion, can i install this last Alpha4 for daily use?? can i use the one click restorer, to restore my stuff on HC?

Guest remlap

Really simple Superuser fix mate, works really well, looking forward to what else is coming I really do appreciate what you guys are doing.

Honeycomb keyboard is absolute kickass.

Edited by remlap

Guest Wiss911

Awesome Guys, Honeycomb and you are really great :unsure:

One question regarding E-Mail, do you have all the issue, that mails won´t view?

Best regards

Wiss911

Guest wipeout140
Awesome Guys, Honeycomb and you are really great :)

One question regarding E-Mail, do you have all the issue, that mails won´t view?

Best regards

Wiss911

Just about to post that :unsure:

Also Amazing Work guys,

- Running alpha 4, gapps allows sign in, along with market working and showing all apps however i opened Gmail and click email shows nothing

- Youtube froze on first launch

- Wifi works well after the restart as said in orginal posting

But thanks again for the amazing work

Guest Jisonga

Yep just checked and emails not showing, also after trying all kinds of flash versions still not go to work properly let me know what you have please.

Still great look and feel to rom great work.

Jason.

Guest Unipete

Tested the last Alpha version, (3) and I could see the potential. Fantastic work and very interested in the Beta for this. I've sent a few beer tokens your way to thank you for your work so far. Cheers!!

Guest Sercular

wow you guys rock :unsure: nice to see progress i was a tad sad seeing some tablets using honeycomb but thinking yeah check out my overclocked speed and price :P now i can add one more thing to my list of pride ;)

thanks guys keep up the work but remember to sleep :o

Legends :)

Guest Jisonga

Well with Alpha 4 working ok its off to show off my honeycomb vega to me Archos owning mate.

Beer money on its away as per my old post by the end of play tomorrow guys.

Jason.

Guest doireabu

for rooting using cmd, does debugging need to be on or off? can mount but then no device found when try to type adb shell

thanks

Guest sipart

Just downloading A4 (flashing now).

I had flash working in a limited fashion on A3 - Flash V10.2.155.67 - BBC Iplayer site worked fine. BBC news site didn't. Didn't test any other flash sites - on iplayer the frame where the video doesn't show up (with plugins always on) but you tap the empty space and video plays.

email app is odd - get the background colour but no text. I had one email show up with text but then tablet locked up and I had to reboot (A3 again) - but I just used the gmail web interface.

I was set to re-flash my one click restore image of my Vega running corvus5 - but at this rate I won't need to!!

? - I thought HoneyComb didn't support SD cards yet - so is the SD card support in these alphas a 'fudge' or is this genuine H/comb support?

I donated the other day - so enjoy the beer.

A4 booting - so off to play :-)