[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

Guest HunteronX
thats what i thought (when it repartitions), but i thought i'd try it just in case.

been browsing on the stock rom for over half hour with no lock ups, so doesnt look like its a physical issue (thankfully).

gonna re-downlaod the alpha4 zip and try again (just in case the original was corrupt somehow...?)

EDIT: no, looks like its busted. wont boot at all now, cant even get into the built in Recovery mode! backlight lights up, and thats it. argh!

Beta 1 is released now - use that instead. :unsure:

Edited by HunteronX

Guest Nicky J
Beta 1 is released now - use that instead. :)

i wish i could. i cant even get into Recovery now. think its f***ed :unsure:

Guest HunteronX

Restart your PC, then try again. That should do it.

Guest Zebrahead

It's never f***ed, you can fix anything - don't worry ^^

Zeb

Guest Nicky J
Restart your PC, then try again. That should do it.

restart of pc made no difference.

It's never f***ed, you can fix anything - don't worry ^^

Zeb

i'd beg to differ! ;o)

how can i fix it if i cant get into recovery and it wont boot?

Edited by Nicky J

Guest spacecadetuk

just tried to install beta1 through cwm and its just boot looping, i was running corus5, now going to try doing it from stock image

p.s yes i did wipe cache and delvik

Edited by spacecadetuk

Guest ViPaSoft

Installed Beta1 over Corvus5 and installed ok. I didn't wipe anything, just installed straight over Corvus5 using CWM. I get Market FC message when first on, but market works ok.

Is there supposed to be buttons at bottom of screen, MENU, BACK, etc as I have no buttons at all and the long press of the Hard BACK button does nothing.

Should I clear everything in CWM, (data/factory reset etc), and re-install, but what about the keyboard issue mentioned.

EDIT:

Just checked the Alpha1 video again and I DO NOT have the bar at the bottom of the screen with the clock on the right and the buttons on the left.

Edited by ViPaSoft

Guest Unipete

I tried out Alpha 4 earlier today and it was good, (apart from the fixes needed in email etc).

Got the early invite for Beta 1 and have been trying to install using CWM since early this afternoon after going back to stock ROM.

Everything seems to go ok and I get the message that install from SD card is successful but when I reboot I just get the android logo cycling on and off for around 10 minutes and then the device switches itself off. This then requires me to go into recovery and re- flash the stock ROM.

Undoubtedly I'm doing something wrong but not certain what.

Guest spacecadetuk
I tried out Alpha 4 earlier today and it was good, (apart from the fixes needed in email etc).

Got the early invite for Beta 1 and have been trying to install using CWM since early this afternoon after going back to stock ROM.

Everything seems to go ok and I get the message that install from SD card is successful but when I reboot I just get the android logo cycling on and off for around 10 minutes and then the device switches itself off. This then requires me to go into recovery and re- flash the stock ROM.

+1

If you find out let me know, i'm trying again at the moment from a fresh install to see what happens.

Same result, tried from corvus5 and mdcr8 still boot looping

Edited by spacecadetuk

Guest ViPaSoft

It says in the main post/email that you shouldn't install over the top of Alpha4 as the partitions are different. If you went to 1.09 first, it should install.

I installed over Corvus5, which has the same partitions as stock, and it installed ok apart from the missing BAR at the bottom of the screen.

Guest WWEpsp

Downloading Beta1!!! returning to 1.09 to flash this one!!

P.D: flash has been fixed??

P.D2: future betas will be just be a update zip?

Edited by WWEpsp

Guest Unipete
It says in the main post/email that you shouldn't install over the top of Alpha4 as the partitions are different. If you went to 1.09 first, it should install.

I installed over Corvus5, which has the same partitions as stock, and it installed ok apart from the missing BAR at the bottom of the screen.

I read the main post too!!

I installed from stock 1.09, (three times now), and still no joy.

Might try it over Corvus 5.

Guest achromic

Was sooooo impressed with Alpha 4, that I'm now d/l Beta 1, stock rom here I come, then Beta 1 fun tonight!

Thanks once again guys, you lot definatly are the top devs here :unsure:

Guest newbe5

BETA1a uploaded, small fix to the installer that makes sure that everything installs correctly! BETA1 was missing Google books, Youtube Tablet etc :unsure: All there now! Apologies for the glitch!

newbe5

Guest il_cholo
BETA1a uploaded, small fix to the installer that makes sure that everything installs correctly! BETA1 was missing Google books, Youtube Tablet etc :P All there now! Apologies for the glitch!

newbe5

downloading!!!!!!! keep it going this way!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks so much :unsure:

how much cost a beer? I will buy you a couple for all your alpha and beta work, and when rom is finished I will buy you a dozen :)

Edited by il_cholo

Guest achromic
BETA1a uploaded, small fix to the installer that makes sure that everything installs correctly! BETA1 was missing Google books, Youtube Tablet etc :unsure: All there now! Apologies for the glitch!

newbe5

Hehe, ok, 1a downloading now, let's try this time

Guest imperfect273
BETA1a uploaded, small fix to the installer that makes sure that everything installs correctly! BETA1 was missing Google books, Youtube Tablet etc :) All there now! Apologies for the glitch!

newbe5

Excellent work,

just downloading this now to try was in middle of downloading beta1, glad i noticed your comment on twitter bout beta1a :unsure:

nice job been waiting for honeycomb for ages

Guest Pyr0x64
BETA1a uploaded, small fix to the installer that makes sure that everything installs correctly! BETA1 was missing Google books, Youtube Tablet etc :) All there now! Apologies for the glitch!

newbe5

This ROM sounds great :unsure:

Before I try flashing BETA1a to my Vega, can anyone tell me if CIFS is working please?

Edited by Pyr0x64

Guest WWEpsp

newbe5

Thanks for that!!, i got beta1 flashed and i got it working, anyway, i will flash this one!

HELP, recovery app for CLOCKWORLD not working on beta1...

Edited by WWEpsp

Guest Unipete

newbe5

SWEEEEEEET!!!

I'll give it a go again!!

Ta Muchly!!

Guest spacecadetuk

right, tried beta1 and beta1a both boot looping, i am trying to install from a clean 1.09 official image, i've tried downloading direct to Vega and to my laptop and transferring the file, also tried installing from MDCR8 and Corvus5 but no matter what i do it install's through clockwork fine (or says it has) but when i reboot from clockwork it just boot loops

Edited by spacecadetuk

Guest tabor56

Wow shocked to see a beta already, great work guys!

quick question, i currently have my Vega just how i like it but would like to try honeycomb. If i did a NANDROID backup does it back up everything including apps?

meaning i can just restore if needed and it would be like it was before?

thanks

Guest HunteronX
right, tried beta1 and beta1a both boot looping, i am trying to install from a clean 1.09 official image, i've tried downloading direct to Vega and to my laptop and transferring the file, also tried installing from MDCR8 and Corvus5 but no matter what i do it install's through clockwork fine (or says it has) but when i reboot from clockwork it just boot loops

You need to wipe at least your data and cache partitions, and then install the rom.

Corvus and newbe25, thank you so much for your effort and hard work. Wifi now works for me, and I'm typing this in the homeycomb browser right now! I'll donate to you as soon as I can. :unsure:

Edited by HunteronX

Guest spacecadetuk
You need to wipe at least your data and cache partitions, and then install the rom.

already done that, Post #457