[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

Guest Panayioti
right, tried beta1 and beta1a both boot looping, i am trying to install from a clean 1.09 official image, i've tried downloading direct to Vega and to my laptop and transferring the file, also tried installing from MDCR8 and Corvus5 but no matter what i do it install's through clockwork fine (or says it has) but when i reboot from clockwork it just boot loops

Oops you beat me hunteronx

Edited by Panayioti

Guest spacecadetuk
Wow shocked to see a beta already, great work guys!

quick question, i currently have my Vega just how i like it but would like to try honeycomb. If i did a NANDROID backup does it back up everything including apps?

meaning i can just restore if needed and it would be like it was before?

thanks

quick answer, yep

Guest simonta
already done that, Post #457

Sorry to be a me too, but me too. Wiped, installed stock 1.09, booted, let it settle. Wiped again then installed Vegacomb. Beta1 quits as soon as it starts to install, Beta1a installs fine but then boot loops.

Guest premieral
It says in the main post/email that you shouldn't install over the top of Alpha4 as the partitions are different. If you went to 1.09 first, it should install.

I installed over Corvus5, which has the same partitions as stock, and it installed ok apart from the missing BAR at the bottom of the screen.

Probably dumb question i know but did you still wipe all caches before flashing? Im not sure from zebwens post what is left in the rom and if we need to keep any apps keyboards etc :unsure: sorry if it sounds stupid drinking lots to make eurovision bearable :)

Guest simonta
Probably dumb question i know but did you still wipe all caches before flashing? Im not sure from zebwens post what is left in the rom and if we need to keep any apps keyboards etc :unsure: sorry if it sounds stupid drinking lots to make eurovision bearable :)

Now that's worrying. Either Ms Premieral is forcing you to watch it and you're numbing the pain, which most folks will empathise with, or, you're forcing yourself to watch it and numbing the pain, the latter being seriously freaky...

Edited by simonta

Guest achromic

Ok, quick info how I got Beta1 installed:

- installed r8 to get it back to basics

- installed CWM (using this)

- placed the beta1 zip on the sd card, then booted into recovery using, um, recovery :unsure:

- installed beta1 zip

- wipe data/factory reset

- wipe cache partition (just in case)

- reboot

booted up 1st time :)

thanks guys

Guest premieral
Now that's worrying. Either Ms Premieral is forcing you to watch it and you're numbing the pain, which most folks will empathise with, or, your forcing yourself to watch it and numbing the pain, the latter being seriously freaky...

Ha both which is even scarier lol! Loved your vega day idea by the way ( apologies for jacking the post ) :unsure:

Guest simonta
Ok, quick info how I got Beta1 installed:

- installed r8 to get it back to basics

- installed CWM (using this)

- placed the beta1 zip on the sd card, then booted into recovery using, um, recovery :unsure:

- installed beta1 zip

- wipe cache partition (just in case)

- reboot

booted up 1st time :)

thanks guys

Exactly the same method but I didn't wipe data after install because of the apps installed there. So I tried this, and same result. Now I'm flumoxed.

newbe/Corvus. Have you guys changed the default CPU clock?

Guest premieral
You need to wipe at least your data and cache partitions, and then install the rom.

Corvus and newbe25, thank you so much for your effort and hard work. Wifi now works for me, and I'm typing this in the homeycomb browser right now! I'll donate to you as soon as I can. :)

Thanks hunteronx much appreciated :unsure: and +1 most definately to corvus and newbe5

Guest agolding

brilliant work guys, one bug I'm finding is adding a bookmark, anyone else? device completely locks up, happened 3 times in a row so wont add one now :unsure:

Guest remlap

Once in recovery I do this for my phone and worked well for the Beta1 on Vega too.

- wipe cache partition

- installed beta1 zip

- reboot

Looking around noticed Polaris Office and opened an xls file from Google Docs and app crashed.

Edited by remlap

Guest Shaizer

the Beta installed fine for me, went back to stock 1.09 then installed ganjaman's add on- got rom manager - rebooted into recovery and flashed this gem of a rom :unsure: This might be a noob question but how do I enable USB storage, I can't seem to find the option when I connect vega to USB.

Guest Malohm
+1

If you find out let me know, i'm trying again at the moment from a fresh install to see what happens.

Same result, tried from corvus5 and mdcr8 still boot looping

+1 same here - fresh install of stock 1.09, clear cache, install CWM, install HC Beta1A, reboot -> Android logo showing up and looping for some 10min

I wonder if this has to do with the default 1.5GHz clock being too high for some hardware? (tried my Vega with Corvus5; stable at 1.4GHz though)

Guest remlap
the Beta installed fine for me, went back to stock 1.09 then installed ganjaman's add on- got rom manager - rebooted into recovery and flashed this gem of a rom :unsure: This might be a noob question but how do I enable USB storage, I can't seem to find the option when I connect vega to USB.

Mounts and storage last option.

Guest simonta
+1 same here - fresh install of stock 1.09, clear cache, install CWM, install HC Beta1A, reboot -> Android logo showing up and looping for some 10min

I wonder if this has to do with the default 1.5GHz clock being too high for some hardware? (tried my Vega with Corvus5; stable at 1.4GHz though)

Clock makes sense. It's the only thing I can think of that varies between Vegas and I've flashed more ROMs than I care to remember, I know what I'm doing ;_

Chaps, loving your work as you know but please, could you default to 1GHz and let people make their own choice on overclocks? Cheers.

Guest remlap
You mean in CWM recovery? I was talking about in normal system

Right I did but actually that's just stumped me too.

Good question.

Guest imperfect273

brilliant, 2nd attempt all installed properly, must remember to clear data and cache oops

excellent and first time ive actually seen honeycomb looks so much better than 2.2

nice work, cant wait for final release :)

nice work, when wife hasnt emptied bank account on shoes some donation on way :unsure:

Guest ukstrider

I have installed the new beta1a and I am having trouble with wifi? keeps forever looping to disconnected and obtaining ip address. I am trying to connect via my router which was working fine on the alpha4 release. I would like to take this opportunity to thank newbe and corvus for this fantastic new rom, beer on its way, sorry I put in wrong topic but have reposted her. apologies

Guest Panayioti

Beta is SO much better than alpha (obviously) but in your next release newbe5 could you include the amazing accelorometer fix in covus5 which lets you play speedx flawlessly the accelorometer in this release is not bad but when you play speedx its not as smooth as corvus5.

Thanks

Guest simonta
I have installed the new beta1a and I am having trouble with wifi? keeps forever looping to disconnected and obtaining ip address. I am trying to connect via my router which was working fine on the alpha4 release. I would like to take this opportunity to thank newbe and corvus for this fantastic new rom, beer on its way, sorry I put in wrong topic but have reposted her. apologies

Reboot a couple of times, it will stick (actually, this advice is in the install notes!)