[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

Guest SAFC1978
Hardware rendering and exchange support in the mail app are the big issues for me right now, I will keep dipping into the beta's every so often but I will be using Corvus5 for day to day for the foreseeable I think.

Thanks for Corvus5 by the way.

I have got exchange working in beta1a.

I downloaded the latest rom for the adam (update13 in think) and extracted the mail application. I then pushed this to my vega using root explorer and altered the permissions. Worked a treat for mail and calendar which I also extracted from that rom as it was missing from my vega.

Just to say a big thanks to newbe5 and corvus for all the hard work. Loving Honeycomb.

Guest Remington Steale

I downloaded the latest rom for the adam (update13 in think) and extracted the mail application. I then pushed this to my vega using root explorer and altered the permissions. Worked a treat for mail and calendar which I also extracted from that rom as it was missing from my vega.

Just to say a big thanks to newbe5 and corvus for all the hard work. Loving Honeycomb.

Superb idea, thanks, I can live without hardware rendering as flash doesnt bother me much but exchange support is the real clincher for me

Guest sandanpa

It lags a lot, FC half of the time ,with all this , still is the best ROM for Vega at this time,it is like coming from Windows 98 to Windows 7,I was talking to my self when playing with this ROM.

Good work NeCo ,thank you

Guest sandanpa

My SD card is detected as USB (in settings) ,but as SD in file explorer ,if I plug the Vega nothing happens ,dont see SD drive,anyone has this "problem"?

Guest amrjitm

First post for me because Vega is the first android device that I've rooted.

Firstly, big thank you to the guys who have created the HC ROM. Very stable for a Beta1.

I've had a few issues as follows:

Flash

Well documented already

SD card/apps

Used in-built mechanism to move apps to SD (USB storage) but some wouldn't work and SD card is not mounted after reboot.

So, I've created a partition on the card and used link2sd to move all apps to the partition. This has solved both issues, so the partition is always mounted and every app that is moved works so far (about 15).

FC's

Had lots of issues with FC's, so I downloaded a CPU app from market and downclocked to 1ghz. Not noticed any issues in performance (any slower etc) but FC's have stopped

Freezing

Not been able to workout why this is happening but need to reboot every couple of hours. Not major issue because HC ROM reboots so fast.

All in all make the Vega a different beast and vastly improves battery usage. It's staying put for me because it is so stable and usable.

Again, great job to all the guys who have put in the long hours.

Edited by amrjitm

Guest pablochr

SAFC1978.

Nic one! Could you give more detail on that process? TIA

Guest pablochr

One more minor bug.

In Wi-Fi I'm trying to connect to a PEAP/MSCHAPV2 but the Phase 2 authentication field (MSCHAPV2) can be added but the setting is not retained.

Great work though

Guest newbe5

There are still issues with this, for example the permissions do not get set correctly. The reason this feature is was excluded in BETA1a is that there is currently no way for the Exchange Administrator to remotely wipe the device. Being a system admin myself, this isn't something I would condone as I have to make sure I have the ability to remote wipe connected devices, and so this will stay out of the BETA until it is correctly fixed.

newbe5

Edited by newbe5

Guest windin101

you sir are a genius that works perfectly

Guest pablochr
There are still issues with this, for example the permissions do not get set correctly. The reason this feature is was excluded in BETA1a is that there is currently no way for the Exchange Administrator to remotely wipe the device. Being a system admin myself, this isn't something I would condone as I have to make sure I have the ability to remote wipe connected devices, and so this will stay out of the BETA until it is correctly fixed.

newbe5

A fair point Newbe5 BUT if we can access the same Exchange mailbox via IMAP then why bother removing Exchange-direct?

Guest Remington Steale
A fair point Newbe5 BUT if we can access the same Exchange mailbox via IMAP then why bother removing Exchange-direct?

Because any exchange admin worth their salt would rather cut off their left little finger than allow POP or IMAP traffic to the mail servers.

I would never ever allow external access to IMAP or POP on my servers.

Guest pablochr
Because any exchange admin worth their salt would rather cut off their left little finger than allow POP or IMAP traffic to the mail servers.

My Exchange is MS-hosted in the cloud, effectively it is HotMail, Imap is allowed, ditto GoogleMail. Probably more Vega owners use those than corporate Exchange.

Guest windin101

we do but thats because we have to, we are an out sourcing company and the customer specifically demanded it. All you can do in a situation like that is advise them no then where yor over ruled grit your teeth ad implement what they want

Guest mre15

Has anyone managed to keep the books app on theres, it was there first boot but now gone. Still installed according to app manager though.

Also as mention the history for browser doesnt work on mine either.

I will aslo add that it seems to run much faster and more stable with adw ex as the launcher, you lose a bit of the nice trick tools though.

Great work guys.

Edited by mre15

Guest windin101
Has anyone managed to keep the books app on theres, it was there first boot but now gone. Still installed according to app manager though.

Also as mention the history for browser doesnt work on mine either.

I will aslo add that it seems to run much faster and more stable with adw ex as the launcher, you lose a bit of the nice trick tools though.

Great work guys.

had trouble with the books app it kept deleting

I pushed the apk over a couple four times and in the end it just seemed to stick for some reason and now its always there I think it took about 4 attempts

Guest Remington Steale
My Exchange is MS-hosted in the cloud, effectively it is HotMail, Imap is allowed, ditto GoogleMail. Probably more Vega owners use those than corporate Exchange.

Well then you can use the built in app anyway as it stands without exchange support. The mail app isnt removed it just doesnt have the activesync portion with it

Guest Remington Steale
we do but thats because we have to, we are an out sourcing company and the customer specifically demanded it. All you can do in a situation like that is advise them no then where yor over ruled grit your teeth ad implement what they want

You have my sympathies, I've worked out sourcing before and its soul destroying, its nice working for a company that values security first

Guest pablochr
Well then you can use the built in app anyway as it stands without exchange support. The mail app isnt removed it just doesnt have the activesync portion with it

Ta, I know that but Activesync is much better than IMAP so if people are already replacing the mail.apk why bother changing it at all?

Guest newbe5
You have my sympathies, I've worked out sourcing before and its soul destroying, its nice working for a company that values security first

Can anyone confirm that remote wiping actually works in Corvus5? I'm beginning to think that the bootloader doesn't even support it :/

Guest Dave Marchant
Can anyone confirm that remote wiping actually works in Corvus5? I'm beginning to think that the bootloader doesn't even support it :/

I am not sure our Exchange 2007 server is set up to do it, but if so, I will try a bit later today.

Guest Remington Steale
Ta, I know that but Activesync is much better than IMAP so if people are already replacing the mail.apk why bother changing it at all?

Because having something that doesnt work quite correctly is like having an itch you cant scratch

Guest newbe5
Because having something that doesnt work quite correctly is like having an itch you cant scratch

Yup :unsure:

If it turns out that the botloader doesn't support this, then I will put my hands up and accept that it will have to go in without wiping working.

Guest dragon2611

Touchdown's tablet version seems to work pretty well.