[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

Guest WWEpsp
Hi Notenboom,

i have the R8 this morning a saw some one had a install guide but now I cant find it, remember i dont have a clue even how to get in to the DOS like screen

here you have a guide to install ROMS: http://desire.giesecke.tk/advent-vega-step...lash-a-new-rom/

if you talking about, making SU or something like that with ADB commands, then just download from markt Gscript lite, and create new scripts with those commands (without the adb prefix).

Guest Diveokidoki
here you have a guide to install ROMS: http://desire.giesecke.tk/advent-vega-step...lash-a-new-rom/

if you talking about, making SU or something like that with ADB commands, then just download from markt Gscript lite, and create new scripts with those commands (without the adb prefix).

I just loaded Gscript but then it gives me 3 options Phone reboot, SD card and something else when I select SD it doesnt allow me to type anything???

Guest rferrett

You know I can't believe how quickly this has come on. I am in Bournemouth for my Union's conference next week I kinda half expect a stble release will be out by the time I am back.

You boys are taking time to sleep right? All work no play and that!!!!

Great stuff!

Ralph

Guest WWEpsp
I just loaded Gscript but then it gives me 3 options Phone reboot, SD card and something else when I select SD it doesnt allow me to type anything???

if you press the menu button you will see create a new script.

on the first blank space, you put the name of the script, and on the second box you write the commands.

remember to mark the "need SU" check too.

FOR EXAMPLE:

to boot on recover, the commands you have to write on Android SDK:

adb recovery_2

adb reboot

on Gscript you write:

recovery_2

reboot

Guest FrankW

HC on Vega or POV mobii in my case - getting better and better.

I just had an issue with the small screen density... So I just tried changing that to 140 instead of 120. I really like this more due to better readability. Seems that the apps really scale well too.

Keep up the good work...

Guest Sillothian

Even in the beta stage this ROM is superb. The Honeycomb user interface is very slick indeed, especially the status bar along the bottom of the screen. Kindle and Twitter apps work fine. I did have some trouble with the Facebook app. The initial menu for accepting the T&C doesn't render properly making it hard to press accept. Also if I used the widget the app would always force close. Even after removing the widget the main app would still always force close and only reinstalling the app could get it working again.

Once Flash is up and running I'll definitely be using this ROM all the time, but until then I think I'll give Corvus5 a blast :P

Guest Diveokidoki

I have to give up what ever suppose to appear on a screen just doesn't, this kind of technology just don't click for me if I don't see someone doing it step by step reading instructions without understanding what I be looking at do not click.

thanks i guess I just wait for a Vega day

jeff

Guest phil8715

I installed the patch rom from 1.3 to 1.4 but ever since I put in 1.3. Everytime I boot it up the launcher FC. Do you think it I should re-install 1.3 then the 1.3 to 1.4 patch or just install the full 1.4 rom?

Guest Digibetus
I installed the patch rom from 1.3 to 1.4 but ever since I put in 1.3. Everytime I boot it up the launcher FC. Do you think it I should re-install 1.3 then the 1.3 to 1.4 patch or just install the full 1.4 rom?

You're problems could be related to the overclocking of 1.3 (to 1.5GHz).

1.4 runs at the default 1.0GHz so go for the full rom.

Just flashed to 1.4.

Needed to do it twice to fix the download problem.

Flash video seems to be partly working.

It looks like only low quality videos play.

Using flash 10.3 from market.

Guest WWEpsp
I have to give up what ever suppose to appear on a screen just doesn't, this kind of technology just don't click for me if I don't see someone doing it step by step reading instructions without understanding what I be looking at do not click.

jeff

Man, dont give up. Remember Impossible is nothing :P

Guest Nicky J

jeff

dude, read the thread. someone already gave you step by step instructions for what you need to do:

if you press the menu button you will see create a new script.

on the first blank space, you put the name of the script, and on the second box you write the commands.

remember to mark the "need SU" check too.

FOR EXAMPLE:

to boot on recover, the commands you have to write on Android SDK:

adb recovery_2

adb reboot

on Gscript you write:

recovery_2

reboot

Guest CrArC

This ROM is slower than 1.3 (even when overclocked to 1.4ghz) but it's bombproof in the stability department.

I. LOVE. IT.

Looking forward to things like working Youtube in the near whenever. For now though this ROM is already pretty much perfect. Top notch!

Guest sipart

I don't think you can ever give enough praise. Cheers newbe and corvus and all the other devs - this is very stable and quick.

Don't know if this is a new bug but first time i have purchased any thing from market -it fc at each stage but eventually did a payment and install ok.

Dowloading in stock browser causes fc still but opera works ok as an alternative though.

Flash content that does play is discoloured.

My stress test is google earth and body - but worked great on beta 1.4

Guest newbe5
This ROM is slower than 1.3 (even when overclocked to 1.4ghz) but it's bombproof in the stability department.

I. LOVE. IT.

Looking forward to things like working Youtube in the near whenever. For now though this ROM is already pretty much perfect. Top notch!

Really happy to hear this :P What are peoples experiences? We are fully aware of the flash/media issues etc, and some FC's are to be expected right now, but overall STABILITY is what we went for in 1.4. Did we manage that? Anone getting any hard lockups? Extended lag spikes? Or are we looking pretty good in the stability department now?

newbe5

Guest dipak2010

good works folks! Very stable not one lockup yet! Touchwood! Apart from known issues, i have come across the stock browser force closing wen trying to click on a download link. No idea y? Anyone else experiencing this?

Guest phil8715
You're problems could be related to the overclocking of 1.3 (to 1.5GHz).

1.4 runs at the default 1.0GHz so go for the full rom.

Just flashed to 1.4.

Needed to do it twice to fix the download problem.

Flash video seems to be partly working.

It looks like only low quality videos play.

Using flash 10.3 from market.

Installed beta 1.4 and seems to have fixed the FC on the launcher.

It seems to be more stable.

Guest CrArC
Really happy to hear this :P What are peoples experiences? We are fully aware of the flash/media issues etc, and some FC's are to be expected right now, but overall STABILITY is what we went for in 1.4. Did we manage that? Anone getting any hard lockups? Extended lag spikes? Or are we looking pretty good in the stability department now?

newbe5

Well I had to try after you asked :rolleyes: I succeeded in locking it up (soft lock) by loading every app and then trying to open the Settings app. That's the first and last so far, though.

I also noticed a couple of mild sluggish responses when things got busy. Like I said, this ROM is slower than the others! It seems to clear up after a few seconds (I guess it's shuffling things around now the memory management is working). Most noticeable loading a heavy app on top of others, i.e. Firefox.

Guest Algie

Got to post to say thanks for a great rom.

Just been playing JetCarStunts for an hour with cpu at 1.2g didn't miss a beat. Accelerometers working flawlessly.

Definitely more stable. I've had one lockup in the last 4 hours and that was whilst browsing.

Think I need to test Guerrilla Bob THD for an hour or so now. :P

Guest phil8715
Got to post to say thanks for a great rom.

Just been playing JetCarStunts for an hour with cpu at 1.2g didn't miss a beat. Accelerometers working flawlessly.

Definitely more stable. I've had one lockup in the last 4 hours and that was whilst browsing.

Think I need to test Guerrilla Bob THD for an hour or so now. :P

I was playing Angry Birds Rio and it just seemed a bit sluggish.

Guest newbe5
Well I had to try after you asked :P I succeeded in locking it up (soft lock) by loading every app and then trying to open the Settings app. That's the first and last so far, though.

I also noticed a couple of mild sluggish responses when things got busy. Like I said, this ROM is slower than the others! It seems to clear up after a few seconds (I guess it's shuffling things around now the memory management is working). Most noticeable loading a heavy app on top of others, i.e. Firefox.

Well, now that the lowmemkiller is working as it should, there is room to shuffle the memkiller priorities to make everything work at an optimum level. This is a first attempt, and I'm happy with the results so far, but there may well be room for improvement and optimizations to make it work perfectly. Firstly, we wanted to make sure people didn't have to hard reset their Vega, and I'm confident that we have acheived that, sometimes you get some slowdown, but it frees itself after a few seconds, and in general use that doesn't tend to happen in my experience, only when you are TRYING to make it happen, which is good enough for now.

We are always working to make it better!

newbe5

Edited by newbe5

Guest swampyk

Excellent work lads, really loving VegaComb. This is a vast improvement on stability compared to 1.3 for me.

I noticed that Music and Gallery dont read the sd card, even after taking the card out and replacing like an earlier fix.

Thanks for the all hardwork.

Guest premieral
Well, now that the lowmemkiller is working as it should, there is room to shuffle the memkiller priorities to make everything work at an optimum level. This is a first attempt, and I'm happy with the results so far, but there may well be room for improvement and optimizations to make it work perfectly. Firstly, we wanted to make sure people didn't have to hard reset their Vega, and I'm confident that we have acheived that, sometimes you get some slowdown, but it frees itself after a few seconds, and in general use that doesn't tend to happen in my experience, only when you are TRYING to make it happen, which is good enough for now.

newbe5

Simply awesome so much better than 1.3 from a usability pov, many thanks

Guest CrArC

newbe5

For a first attempt you've done a fantastic job - I did indeed have to try to get it to lock up! I think it's the heavier apps that need attention the most; Firefox, stock browser with multiple tabs, Youtube app, the Market, etc. These are the ones bringing the pain when memory is already low. Maybe because several other apps must be retired to make way for them? I don't know.

Oh, I also got a twenty-second soft-lock a couple of minutes ago transitioning from Firefox to Quickoffice to File Manager HD. Recovered after force closing the launcher. Come to think of it a lot of the problems I've experienced inall the Betas so far have involved Firefox running. Not all, but lots of them :P

But yeah - still miles better than 1.3. Thanks for your time!

Guest Remington Steale

Definitely smoother and more stable with no lock ups, but media playback in mobo player slows down the video image every 20 seconds or so, since thats my main reason for the vega (Tube travel entertainment) I'm back on Corvus for now.

Thanks for all the hard work