[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

Guest iemand met een pov

installed 1.6 looks great however.....cannot get 3g working (Huawei internal) I also tried the 3g patch for 1.5 but that does not help. It seems ok, but does not find any networks and keeps searching for more than half an hour so I gave up.

Reverted to 1.5.2 hoping someone knows a solution.

Regards.

Guest spacecadetuk
As part of the reports back, can I add that I also have had the 'low memory' warning after a day or so. The Available Memory showing for Internal memory went down to 10.30Mb as listed and Market stopped letting me download further programs.

Was you using apps2sd or links2sd when you got the low memory warning or just standard, i've re-installed from scratch and haven't used link2sd this time and it seems ok at the moment ie no low memory warning.

I'm just curious to see if it's an app issue or a ROM issue.

Was you using apps2sd or links2sd when you got the low memory warning or just standard, i've re-installed from scratch and haven't used link2sd this time and it seems ok at the moment ie no low memory warning.

I'm just curious to see if it's an app issue or a ROM issue.

I had Links2sd installed but I had not used it to move or link any apps, as I had not partitioned the sd card. I had backed up with Titanium Backup, including a back-up of links2sd. In addition, I tried, but was unable to, move any apps to the SD under File Manager. Hope info helps.

installed 1.6 looks great however.....cannot get 3g working (Huawei internal) I also tried the 3g patch for 1.5 but that does not help. It seems ok, but does not find any networks and keeps searching for more than half an hour so I gave up.

Reverted to 1.5.2 hoping someone knows a solution.

Regards.

Tried the 1.6 fix?

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1733450

Guest Adam:)

hey guys, basically im wondering if anyone else is finding vegacomb 1.6 very laggy occasionally

sometimes its fast, sometimes it takes more then 10 secs to change screen/ open app after i tapped it, swiped screen.

is it something to do wit how much stuff is on my homepages?

or maybe i did the flashing process wrong? do i need to wipe dalvik data and cache after installing the rom again?

wuld u recommend trying 1.5.2

any help is greatly appreciated

hey guys, basically im wondering if anyone else is finding vegacomb 1.6 very laggy occasionally

sometimes its fast, sometimes it takes more then 10 secs to change screen/ open app after i tapped it, swiped screen.

is it something to do wit how much stuff is on my homepages?

or maybe i did the flashing process wrong? do i need to wipe dalvik data and cache after installing the rom again?

wuld u recommend trying 1.5.2

any help is greatly appreciated

Yes over a peroid of time it gets very laggy indeed ... possibly still a problem with the CPU throttling ... who knows. It gets to a point on mine where you cant even do anything really, you try and type in a web address for example and the letters come up ten seconds later! Also the launcher by that point is practically useless too.

Rebooting doesn;t always fix the issue either.

Other than that and lack of Flash its pretty solid.

Guest MikhailM
Yes over a peroid of time it gets very laggy indeed ... possibly still a problem with the CPU throttling ... who knows. It gets to a point on mine where you cant even do anything really, you try and type in a web address for example and the letters come up ten seconds later! Also the launcher by that point is practically useless too.

Rebooting doesn;t always fix the issue either.

Other than that and lack of Flash its pretty solid.

If you install Vegacomb 1.6 as a clean new installation, having wiped, data, cache and Dalvik cache BEFORE installing the rom from your SD card using Recovery, it should run fast and be stable. It becomes noticeable laggy, when it is busy doing something - in my case recieving push-mail. Once it has finished doing so, it speeds up again. Read the thread "Vegacomb cpu speed adjustment" where a couple of more experienced Vegan's (Simonta and Premieral) give illuminating and informative explanations of how Android works.

MikhailM.

If you install Vegacomb 1.6 as a clean new installation, having wiped, data, cache and Dalvik cache BEFORE installing the rom from your SD card using Recovery, it should run fast and be stable. It becomes noticeable laggy, when it is busy doing something - in my case recieving push-mail. Once it has finished doing so, it speeds up again. Read the thread "Vegacomb cpu speed adjustment" where a couple of more experienced Vegan's (Simonta and Premieral) give illuminating and informative explanations of how Android works.

MikhailM.

Yes I always do those steps when flashing a rom .....

Regardless of how android 'works' it shouldnt be laggy like that. Honeycomb is designed for Tegra2 in the end , and ok the Vega doesnt have as much memory, but it should be able to cope with it. Please note I am in no way having a go at the devs, I am amazed they have managed to get this far with it as it is.

I agree that it generally lags when its thinking about stuff espically background syncing ... the trouble is that if you have apps that do that (i.e. email, messenging etc) then its constantly polling something, so can be totally unusable most of the time.

I think its about time I went back to a normal Rom tbh ... as much as I like Honeycomb (browser in particular) currently VegaComb isnt in a usable day to day state.

Guest Panayioti

Regardless of how android 'works' it shouldnt be laggy like that. Honeycomb is designed for Tegra2 in the end , and ok the Vega doesnt have as much memory, but it should be able to cope with it. Please note I am in no way having a go at the devs, I am amazed they have managed to get this far with it as it is.

I agree that it generally lags when its thinking about stuff espically background syncing ... the trouble is that if you have apps that do that (i.e. email, messenging etc) then its constantly polling something, so can be totally unusable most of the time.

I think its about time I went back to a normal Rom tbh ... as much as I like Honeycomb (browser in particular) currently VegaComb isnt in a usable day to day state.

I must say that if you havent already read its still in beta release so there are going to be some problems ;-)

Edited by Panayioti

I must say that if you havent already read its still in beta release so there are going to be some problems ;-)

Yes ... I do realise that .... :)

Guest xathras
So far this rom works great for me, been using it all weekend, movie playback is my biggest use and its performance on this is much better I get a small video lag maybe every ten minutes if that.

No wifi problems, and the patched flash works fine with standard flash sites and and you tube for me. Its not like I need HD video from youtube anyway.

I call this one a winner :)

The same goes for me. Now that I can use OpenVPN together with tTorrent this is good enough for day-to-day use for my purposes. Now I won't have to leave my desktop grinding away all night. B)

Almost forgot - if you learn where to poke the screen TVCatchup works perfectly full screen with no colour or lip synch issues. :D ;)

Edited by xathras

Guest Michael20

VegaComb isn't compatible with Clockwork or?

I have problems with the drivers, the first was no Problem (Advent Vega USB driver- in de special Boot Recovery Menu)

But when i activate the USB Debugin, there is no reaction from Windows, why? I have tested, Windows XP SP2, and Windows Vista.

The second Problem, on each Computer, if i want to start AUDI.exe, failure comes, not enough permission. What can i do?

Is there a way to install VegaComb over Linux, how does it goes?

Thanks for the Help, Best Regards Michael

Guest rebeldx
VegaComb isn't compatible with Clockwork or?

I have problems with the drivers, the first was no Problem (Advent Vega USB driver- in de special Boot Recovery Menu)

But when i activate the USB Debugin, there is no reaction from Windows, why? I have tested, Windows XP SP2, and Windows Vista.

The second Problem, on each Computer, if i want to start AUDI.exe, failure comes, not enough permission. What can i do?

Is there a way to install VegaComb over Linux, how does it goes?

Thanks for the Help, Best Regards Michael

Run AUDI as administrator (on windows)

Edited by rebeldx

Guest Michael20

Have i done on each computer, also changed directly in Administrator account, fist other user with Administrator privilege and with RUN AS, nothing, alway not enough permission.

I don't unterstand, worked much with other Android phones, flashing, also working in the IT

Guest unclebob31

Here is how I loaded VC

Downloaded ROMMANAGER onto the tablet

Downloaded VC onto a PC

Copied it across to the SD card

Performed Titanium backup

Ran ROMMANAGER

Installed Clockwork Recovery (even though it was installed as it would not boot into Clockwork recovery!!)

Booted into Clockwork Recovery

Performed ROM backup

Cleared Cache Factory wipe

Installed from ZIP

Cleared Davik Cache

Fixed Permissions

Rebooted

Instead of using Titanium backup, I reinstalled all my apps from the market - a spring clean.

Downloaded ROM Manager again

Reinstalled the latest Clockwork Recovery

Booted into recovery and backed up ROM

Get very few slow ups, one or two crashes to tablet top.

Flash works in most sites using the find the full screen button trick.

Not for banners and adverts - but who needs those anyway.

Hope this helps people.

GLA UB31

Guest MikhailM

Unless you need instant messaging and e-mail push mail, there is always the option of setting the Vega to update/sync once an hour. In my case I noticed the lag only when it was downloading a mass of post - after a clean rom installation, when it had to sync back all my business mail, contacts and diary. Otherwise the incoming push mail does not seem to affect it noticeable.

Trying the Camera and getting FC seems to upset the whole system. Sounds unlikely as a cause, but it seems to start other error and FC issues, which I could only solve by doing a full clear re-installation.

MIkhailM.

Guest rubbery
Hi Guys,

Excellent work on this rom - really good.

One thing I noticed is that the stock browser dies alot, doesnt force close just closes.

I updated using the update patch first and then because of the browser issue I applied a fresh 1.6 install.

No problems with the Dolphin browser though.

Using VegaComb since 1.5 as my day to day and think its great.

Thanks again.

Just to add that I too have the same browser issue on 1.6

Guest Michael20

@unclebob31

Thank you, so i doesn't need the AUDI.exe :)

Go it automatical in "Clockwork Recovery" ?? Or how do i change in it?

Sorry for the bad english B)

Guest MikhailM
@unclebob31

Thank you, so i doesn't need the AUDI.exe :)

Go it automatical in "Clockwork Recovery" ?? Or how do i change in it?

Sorry for the bad english B)

Press the Power putton and hold it down until the dialog box appears. Select Recovery. The Vega will switch off and go into Clockwork Recovery. Assuming you have Vegacomb 1.6 (I think it did the same in 1.5.2).

MikhailM.

Guest windin101

I would like to point out that while iplayer wont work the new ITV player app that uses adobe air works perfectly for those that want there TV fix

Guest unclebob31
if you mean the stock ROM ie the one it came with, then you have to install cwr, i think the easiest way is to use vegatools

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...ega-tools-v3-0/

Use ROM MANAGER APP from the market to install the Clock Work recovery version that works with Vega Tablets.

Use the ROM MANAGER to boot into recovery - its an option on the menu.

Simples.

If you have not got market access.

Either

Flash one of Pauls ROMS here following his installation guide.

You will then have access to the market.

Or

Use the web version of Android Market...

https://market.android.com/

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.k...e=search_result

and install from there.

Hope this helps

UB31