Vega USB Port

Guest Millhouseqs

Guest Millhouseqs

Hi All

Just bought an Advent Vega and find the Vega seems not to want to talk to a USB memory stick. The USB port talks to my PC perfectly as if it were another storage device and allows file exchanges but no such joy with a memory stick.

Am I doing something wrong as all I wanted to do was to load some more Kindle files to my reader on the Vega but it seems not to recognise the stick

Question is, does the Vega read sticks as PC World suggests it does in its native mode.

Any help will be appreciated

:unsure:

• 5 months later...
Guest Valjean

Hi,

As you have not closed the thread, I suppose you till need an answer. If not, perhaps the answer will be useful for another user. I have the Modaco custom rom r8 and it includes an app to change usb mode between slave mode (where your pc sees your device as a disk unit) and host mode ( where your device sees your usb memory as a disk unit). Your device will reboot automatically when you change from one usv mode to another.

I am not an expert, and don,t know if there is another easier way to do it, but I hope this information to be useful.

Edited by Valjean