Advent Vega - Flash

Guest Stephen.n

Guest Stephen.n

Very new to all this (I guess they all say that!)

I've just installed the custom ROM to get Market - fairly simple with only a few problems with getting the driver installed

Anyhow, Flash works fine with the YouTube app but not with the BBC Iplayer app or the Internet browser.

I've found some instruction on here but nothing seems to work - I guess as the YouTube app is working then so is flash, so what is wrong with the browser?

I've gone into the settings and enabled plug ins but that's not helping.

Can anyone shed some light - in plain English if possible as I'm not very techy!

many thanks

Stephen

Guest phil8715
Very new to all this (I guess they all say that!)

I've just installed the custom ROM to get Market - fairly simple with only a few problems with getting the driver installed

Anyhow, Flash works fine with the YouTube app but not with the BBC Iplayer app or the Internet browser.

I've found some instruction on here but nothing seems to work - I guess as the YouTube app is working then so is flash, so what is wrong with the browser?

I've gone into the settings and enabled plug ins but that's not helping.

Can anyone shed some light - in plain English if possible as I'm not very techy!

many thanks

Stephen

Which version of flash have you got installed?

The roms come with 10.1 so you will need to update to 10.2 which can be found in the market.

Guest Stephen.n
Which version of flash have you got installed?

The roms come with 10.1 so you will need to update to 10.2 which can be found in the market.

Oh that could be it as I do indeed have 10.1.

I'll have a look for the newer one and will report back.

Guest Stephen.n
Oh that could be it as I do indeed have 10.1.

I'll have a look for the newer one and will report back.

Looks like that has worked.

I cant thank you enough as I was up till 3am last night trying to get it ti work. Even considered taking it back!

Thanks again!

stephen

Guest the-x-ray

i saw that the viewpad 10s got a flash update, so it doesn't use the official flash player 10.2, but a modded one that runs better on the tegra 250 chip.

is there the same update available for the vegas, mobii oder modaco rom ?

you can read about it here (also the flash version): http://ap.viewsonic.com/my/kbase/article.php?id=256

Edited by the-x-ray

Guest phil8715
Looks like that has worked.

I cant thank you enough as I was up till 3am last night trying to get it ti work. Even considered taking it back!

Thanks again!

stephen

You're welcome.

I think it's the same as the Vega, flash it with modaco's r8 rom which will gives the Android Market as the stock one doesn't. Then download Adobe 10.2 form the market.

Edited by phil8715

Guest Stephen.n
You're welcome.

I think it's the same as the Vega, flash it with modaco's r8 rom which will gives the Android Market as the stock one doesn't. Then download Adobe 10.2 form the market.

Worked a treat for me.

Where would we be without forums!