Advent vega

Guest LcfcUCIAN

Guest LcfcUCIAN

I have been readibg through all of the posts on this forum and theey are helpful except i dont understand some of the terms used.

I got mmy vega yesterday and have to say i love it so far. I want to get the app market on it and also a browser that has tabs available for it. Dolphin is the 1 that most people seem to be using, how do i get that? Also what is the corvus5? I would likee to know the advantages of it before i go about tryinng to install it with my limited knowledge.

Any advice or tips anybody could offer would be greatly appreciated!

Guest Remington Steale
I have been readibg through all of the posts on this forum and theey are helpful except i dont understand some of the terms used.

I got mmy vega yesterday and have to say i love it so far. I want to get the app market on it and also a browser that has tabs available for it. Dolphin is the 1 that most people seem to be using, how do i get that? Also what is the corvus5? I would likee to know the advantages of it before i go about tryinng to install it with my limited knowledge.

Any advice or tips anybody could offer would be greatly appreciated!

The simplest way to get the Market and other apps on is to install the performance pack for the vega, can be found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=940573 (props to Original_Ganjaman).

Read carefully and follow the instructions.

Corvus5 is another rom for the vega (the operating system), there is a thread for it her at vega.modaco.com. Again, read carefully before doing anything.

Corvus allows for greater speed, better multitasking and other improvements over the stock rom (the operating system that comes with the Vega when you first buy it).

I would say either install Modaco r8 (can also be found here at Modaco) or Corvus, both will offer more functionality and preformance than the stock rom.

Guest LcfcUCIAN

Thanks for that, i will look at installing the aps market now.

Regarding the corvus and r8 i dont understand what is meant by the terms flash etc. Sorry for the amateur questions.

Guest Remington Steale
Thanks for that, i will look at installing the aps market now.

Regarding the corvus and r8 i dont understand what is meant by the terms flash etc. Sorry for the amateur questions.

Okay, basically the operating system is held on a memory chip whose contents can be overwritten using programs specially designed to do so (flashed) with a different, usually newer and better operating system.

Modaco R8 is an improved and modified version of the original software that the Vega came with, Corvus5 is an even more improved version.

If you are unfamiliar with these terms I would spend a couple of days looking at the various main threads here familiarising yourself with them before attempting a rom flash, its not particularly difficult and its pretty much impossible to break your vega doing this but it can be daunting if you arent used to it.

Guest LcfcUCIAN

Ok thanks for that. I will have a good read through the threads and then look at upgrading mine. Thanks for the advice! :unsure:

Guest comicbookguy
Ok thanks for that. I will have a good read through the threads and then look at upgrading mine. Thanks for the advice! :unsure:

Hi! ive had my Vega about 8 weeks and have run both tha Modoco r8 and Covus/Newbie ROMs

all i can say is that they both make a HUGE difference to the performance of the vega, and the developers responsible can't get enough praise (or donations!)

using the ClockworkMod system of installing a new rom is much better than the ADB method, and you can back up all your settings first so you don't lose anything

all i can say is "do it" you wont regret it.