Restoring Stock Recovery Rom

Guest mankian

Guest mankian

Hi All,

Just wondering if you can help, I am thinking of playing with my O2X with some different ROMs to make it behave a bit better but theres a small chance it might have hardware issues so I want to make sure all my changes are reversable incase I need to return.

I have rooted it using superoneclick, which was spot on and has an 'unroot' button just incase it goes to tits. Now I am wanting to install ClockWorkMod recovery rom.

I just want a standard recovery rom in place (Saved on the PC) and to know how to restore it before I go ahead and flash with CW.

Is this easily done? (restore stock recovery rom) and if so how?

If I was to install the stock rom using LG's updater would that get rid of CW too or not?

Thanks for your help!

Guest goatee

Hi, the easiest way to restore to stock, is to use nvflash, it will write the stock ROM, and overwrite Clockwork with the stock recovery too.

Hi All,

Just wondering if you can help, I am thinking of playing with my O2X with some different ROMs to make it behave a bit better but theres a small chance it might have hardware issues so I want to make sure all my changes are reversable incase I need to return.

I have rooted it using superoneclick, which was spot on and has an 'unroot' button just incase it goes to tits. Now I am wanting to install ClockWorkMod recovery rom.

I just want a standard recovery rom in place (Saved on the PC) and to know how to restore it before I go ahead and flash with CW.

Is this easily done? (restore stock recovery rom) and if so how?

If I was to install the stock rom using LG's updater would that get rid of CW too or not?

Thanks for your help!

Edited by goatee

Guest mankian
Hi, the easiest way to restore to stock, is to use nvflash, it will write the stock ROM, and overwrite Clockwork with the stock recovery too.

cheers! thats all i need to know

Guest goatee
cheers! thats all i need to know

That's eerie - we joined within days of each other 6 years ago, and I too joined when I got a C500. . .

Edited by goatee