Motorola Atrix......

Guest lonegunman

Guest lonegunman

Is there going to be a section for it, i know its new and only on orange at the mo but t-mobile may be taking it plus its big in the states at the mo.

Guest joff01
Is there going to be a section for it, i know its new and only on orange at the mo but t-mobile may be taking it plus its big in the states at the mo.

Another vote here for an Atrix forum, seeing as I took delivery of mine today! :unsure:

Guest lonegunman
Another vote here for an Atrix forum, seeing as I took delivery of mine today! :unsure:

Cool, i now know of 5 UK onwers of the phone. :) :P

Guest Cumap

If you already have the device, write please, whether it have an unlocked Fm radio module or not? i have an at&t one and it have locked fm :unsure:

Guest lonegunman
If you already have the device, write please, whether it have an unlocked Fm radio module or not? i have an at&t one and it have locked fm :unsure:

Well a look on the orange website says it comes with a FM radio rds but i have no app for it on the phone, so i would say no i dont have it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JamieDow

Very pleased with my Atrix, had it for a little over a week, nice and quick although I'm not keen on the motoblur rubbish. With regards the FM radio it is a feature of the bluetooth and wireless chipset but the software hasn't enabled it's usage.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JamminJP

another new owner, no radio but has gingerblur on it now, almost bricked it in the first 4 hrs lol.

Have to be honest its nice, but not as polished as my iPhone!

Very pleased with my Atrix, had it for a little over a week, nice and quick although I'm not keen on the motoblur rubbish. With regards the FM radio it is a feature of the bluetooth and wireless chipset but the software hasn't enabled it's usage.

Guest SeaneyC

Yup just got mine on T-mobile today, will go home and try to break it later.

All the info I can find regarding modding concerns Bell and AT&T variants, anyone know how this relates to the Orange and T-Mobile variants? (IE, should I follow instructions for AT&T, Bell, or give everything a wide berth for now?)

Edited by SeaneyC

• 3 weeks later...
Guest cloneapoc

Upgraded from a gsm hero... pretty sweet phone but I want to customize it and get rid of the motoblur garbage. MoDaCo rom for Atrix soon?

Upgraded from a gsm hero... pretty sweet phone but I want to customize it and get rid of the motoblur garbage. MoDaCo rom for Atrix soon?

Yes please to a modaco custom rom! (getting fed up of motoblurr)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Arturo.Kiwi

I red online that there is a rom: "gingerblur" that is far better then the motoblur and you could customize quite all :blink:

Try it....

I'm waiting more review of this device, it seems to me that is a good phone. Maybe not so powerfull as the SGS2 but I'm very curious about the big battery :huh:

Does anyone know when we will be getting the official Gingerbread update from Orange. I am aware that it is currently in BETA testing?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Maringer

I've just moved on to an Atrix after being impressed with the Motorola Defy which I bought earlier this year. I'm now on my fourth phone in the past 12 months! Need to calm the addiction somewhat! :rolleyes:

Anyhoo, I've now unlocked the bootloader, rooted and installed the (surprisingly very stable) CM7 beta which is available. MotoBlur was slow and crap so, for me, getting rid of that and moving onto a proper ROM was imperitive. If you really like the MotoBlur stuff, I reckon it is worth installing one of the other modded Gingerbread ROMs which are available. The instructions for unlocking the bootloader were initially a bit confusing but, once you get down to it, it was pretty straightforward.

Initial impressions are that the size and weight of the Atrix are pretty decent - not at all a problem to fit in your pocket and not too heavy. I think the phones with 4.3" screens would probably be a little too bulky for me. The Atrix seems to have the smallest dimensions of all phones with a 4" screen. The Pentile screen hasn't caused me any worries yet though small text in certain colour situations has interference. Not something I've noticed too much but I expect some people really wouldn't like it!

Reception doesn't seem to be as good as my old Defy which is a little disappointing. However, I am still trying out the different various Radio layers which are available. Battery life is OK. Again, not as good as my Defy but I've not yet installed an undervolting kernel. Battery life should hopefully improve once the phone is undervolted and perhaps with different Radio layers. If you really feel the need for speed, kernels which overclock to 1.3GHz are already available.

Oh, I got the phone from Orange on a good deal (providing the cashback comes through...), SIM unlocked for 5 quid and it is working fine with my GiffGaff SIM.