Proxy Support - Work Lan 10.x any Info ?

Guest winnipeg

Guest winnipeg

I am trying to get to the net via a work proxy (not trying to connect to an internet proxy).

I have read the forums quite a lot and tried Transproxy 3.08, ProxyDriod (Which is nice as the wifi ssid can be set to bind with a proxy), and others. If I enable one of these Apps at home I loose my web browser connection but at work don't get a connection, so I feel the Apps are doing some work but not enough to allow the work proxy to be used.

The work proxy is http and does not respond to pings but can see it with nmap. Only port 80 is open. maybe one other.

Using Vega 1.09 with Modaco R8

I had read that Google so far only support proxies for 3G and not Wifi, so some proxy apps work by making the Wifi proxy look like a 3G proxy. I wondered if some parts of the Android ROM are not included as there is no 3G in the Vega.

Not sure for now where to look next unless it's IP tables.

Thanks for any information that may help :unsure:

Guest Lengths

Have quite a powerfull proxy at work, due to working in a school and it handling all filtering etc.. have found asproxy from the market can handle it

I am trying to get to the net via a work proxy (not trying to connect to an internet proxy).

I have read the forums quite a lot and tried Transproxy 3.08, ProxyDriod (Which is nice as the wifi ssid can be set to bind with a proxy), and others. If I enable one of these Apps at home I loose my web browser connection but at work don't get a connection, so I feel the Apps are doing some work but not enough to allow the work proxy to be used.

The work proxy is http and does not respond to pings but can see it with nmap. Only port 80 is open. maybe one other.

Using Vega 1.09 with Modaco R8

I had read that Google so far only support proxies for 3G and not Wifi, so some proxy apps work by making the Wifi proxy look like a 3G proxy. I wondered if some parts of the Android ROM are not included as there is no 3G in the Vega.

Not sure for now where to look next unless it's IP tables.

Thanks for any information that may help :unsure:

Guest winnipeg
Have quite a powerfull proxy at work, due to working in a school and it handling all filtering etc.. have found asproxy from the market can handle it

Thanks for trying to help, have tried Asproxy same result. Maybe need to put time in and look deeper at the problem, looks like no quick fix from the Market.

Guest Lengths
Thanks for trying to help, have tried Asproxy same result. Maybe need to put time in and look deeper at the problem, looks like no quick fix from the Market.

Don't know if it helps but to get asproxy working (and rdp lite to connect to the school rdp server actually) had to give full domain names.. While tata-isa could be entered as the proxy in windows. TO make the vega access it had to enter tata-isa.tata.local:80 . My techs slightly dismissivly said tis cause all those nix's like all the details...

by the asame token, had to ender tata-staffts1, on windows to access the rdp server, on on the vega tata-staffts1.ccs.local ...

Don;t know if it helps but it might be that you have to add some stuff (if this does not help, sorry...)