sensation rootable?

Guest cezent

Guest cezent

All the sources seem to be pointing towards a very locked down sensation bootloader. It's a bit too early but would love to know if there is any indication of the sensation being rootable or not.

The specs of the phone is a great upgrade from Desire HD, but if Sensation cannot be rooted, Desire HD will be a much more fun phone to have (play around).

Guest liamdunn
All the sources seem to be pointing towards a very locked down sensation bootloader. It's a bit too early but would love to know if there is any indication of the sensation being rootable or not.

The specs of the phone is a great upgrade from Desire HD, but if Sensation cannot be rooted, Desire HD will be a much more fun phone to have (play around).

Well from what i read theirs a bit of confusion over the bootloaders because of motorola and their bootloader and partly due to the media's lack of understanding how it all works, im no Dev but apparently even if a bootloader is locked it can still be rooted and flashed with a custom rom the difference between any other bootloader and motorola's is that moto's is encrypted so if i remember correctly if the special keys or something dont match then it will lock you out, but you cant just generate these keys cos theirs also a secondary thing i think that could still lock you out even if you did manage to get the keys to match.

It is all confusing so dont take my words to be 100% truth as im not entirely sure myself so probably best to contact Paul on his twitter account or wait till a Dev clears it up

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest ste1164

At the moment no you can't root it as HTC has implemented hardware which is meant to stop rooting. But I think they said on their facebook like the link above. That there will be a software update to remove the locked bootloaders. So it will be free to be rooted.

Guest rahan95

Actually, rooting with Psneuter exploit works very well on the Sensation but for it to work, yopu need unsecure boot that can only be flashed on S-OFF devices =(

Guest hyperozi
Actually, rooting with Psneuter exploit works very well on the Sensation but for it to work, yopu need unsecure boot that can only be flashed on S-OFF devices =(

S-Off means no simlock? I just bought a sim free sensation from a Vodafone shop in Czech Rep. I don't even know whats unsecure boot means but does my phone qualify for it? ;)

Many thanks

Guest rahan95

No S-OFF means security off and has nothing to do with simlock

It's very unlikely you have a s-off device if you want to be sure, reboot in bootloader mode : turn off fastboot option than turn off phone and reboot it by pressing volume down + power

Guest hyperozi
No S-OFF means security off and has nothing to do with simlock

It's very unlikely you have a s-off device if you want to be sure, reboot in bootloader mode : turn off fastboot option than turn off phone and reboot it by pressing volume down + power

Many thanks,

Yeah it says Pyramid PVT Ship S-ON RL

HBOOT-1.17.0008

May 13 2011

I guess I have to wait for official HTC software update to be able root it, is that right?

Guest rahan95
I guess I have to wait for official HTC software update to be able root it, is that right?

Or Devs to crack the encryption, whichever comes first !