Partial wake usage

Guest keef319

Guest keef319

hi all.

is there a way to check the Partial Wake?

On a phone I'd do *#*#4636#*#* but obviously there's no dialer on the eee pad...

Guest keef319

I've attached an image so you can see why I want to find out what's keeping my Eee Pad (partially) awake.

So last night, I turned off the WiFi, switched off the screen and went to bed. But you can see it shows as being "awake" for many hours after that, consuming battery. Then early this morning it finally sleeps, and the battery % stays almost horizontal. Late morning I pick it up and turn on the screen and WiFi. And it consumes battery again...

Is anybody else experiencing this?

Is there an app that'll show me the Partial Wake Usage? As I said, Spare Parts FC's when I try to access those details.

P20110513143409.png

Guest SilentMobius
I've attached an image so you can see why I want to find out what's keeping my Eee Pad (partially) awake.

So last night, I turned off the WiFi, switched off the screen and went to bed. But you can see it shows as being "awake" for many hours after that, consuming battery. Then early this morning it finally sleeps, and the battery % stays almost horizontal. Late morning I pick it up and turn on the screen and WiFi. And it consumes battery again...

Is anybody else experiencing this?

Is there an app that'll show me the Partial Wake Usage? As I said, Spare Parts FC's when I try to access those details.

P20110513143409.png

It sure looks like a rogue app, mine looks like this:

post-772993-1305323184_thumb.png

Guest keef319

Shortly after switching off WiFi and screen last night, I remembered a problem I'd been having with my Desire HD. for some reason eBay was leaving my phone partially awake and eating battery up. I'd deleted the app off my phone but not the tablet.

So I went back on to the tablet, and killed the eBay app (running even though I hadn't used it for a while).

So here's how my battery did on standby last night

P20110514120906png.png

I'll let you know if eBay app is the cause...

Keef

Edited by keef319

Guest keef319

It was purely a guess, based on having the eBay problem on my Froyo DHD. Whilst it worked on this occasion on the TF (killing eBay) it hasn't always worked since. I still sometimes have an app keeping it awake...

You're right about not being able to see partial wake usage "post-froyo". So annoying. A feature I've now lost since the gingerbread update on my DHD.

Guest stuntdouble

Well done for troubleshooting your issue. The number of other people who blame it on the device rather than the apps they choose to install is amazing. While I know it's not for everyone, I believe that a task killer app is essential, even in honeycomb, to be able to stop rogue apps like this, and get to the bottom of a problem faster.

Guest SilentMobius
Well done for troubleshooting your issue. The number of other people who blame it on the device rather than the apps they choose to install is amazing. While I know it's not for everyone, I believe that a task killer app is essential, even in honeycomb, to be able to stop rogue apps like this, and get to the bottom of a problem faster.

Given that you can stop a task from "Manage Applications" I would posit that even for debugging a dedicated task killer application does more harm than good.

Guest stuntdouble
Given that you can stop a task from "Manage Applications" I would posit that even for debugging a dedicated task killer application does more harm than good.

Yeah if you want to close things one at a time that's certainly a way to do it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nigel_p

So I have a slightly different issue, but thought I'd try here before starting a new thread....

Since I got my keyboard dock my "sleep" battery use has been appalling! I used to get about 4 days between charges using the tablet alone (albeit with fairly light usage). Now I get about 17 hours even if I barely touch the device (as shown below). Anyone have any thoughts? I've got all the latest stock updates installed (and I thought I'd read somewhere that power usage of the dock had been addressed in one of these updates).

post-854687-1306438736_thumb.png

Edited by nigel_p