storage

Guest sSword

Guest sSword

I just got me an Optimus 2x :unsure:

The main reason being I had a desire and could not get all the apps I wanted due to the crappy storage amount

I have noticed that the '8gb' storage seems to be split to approx 2gb/6gb and the 6gb shows as 'internal SD'

Its not that im low on internal phone space (yet) I just wondered if it can be resized at all?

I also would like to know how are custom roms are handling this, for example to they keep the same system as the stock rom, are there any options on resizing, stuff like that? (im not brave enough to root and flash a new rom just yet)

Guest mintvilla
I just got me an Optimus 2x :unsure:

The main reason being I had a desire and could not get all the apps I wanted due to the crappy storage amount

I have noticed that the '8gb' storage seems to be split to approx 2gb/6gb and the 6gb shows as 'internal SD'

Its not that im low on internal phone space (yet) I just wondered if it can be resized at all?

I also would like to know how are custom roms are handling this, for example to they keep the same system as the stock rom, are there any options on resizing, stuff like that? (im not brave enough to root and flash a new rom just yet)

At this minute there is no way to resize this. I came from a htc desire, it was that reasons why i rooted and installed custom roms onto my desire to fix this oversight of the desire.

No android phone has more than 2gb of internal memory for apps. TBH i doubt you will need more than 2gb as you can still shift alot of apps, to the sd card with the normal android way. i have 100 apps on my phone and have used up 600mb, and i could free up more space by using the android apps2sd option in the settings menu if i so wanted.

custom roms havnt changed the partition of the internal memory as like i said, no phone uses more than 2gb for apps.