POV mobii not recognised in debug

Guest gazmon2424

Guest gazmon2424

Hi,

I have the POV mobii tegra 10 variant of the vega, i have successfully installed the stock 1.10 rom , but wanted to try R8, my problem is that after i enter debugging mode and plug in the unit, its not recognised in device manger, im using win 7

i know thaere loads probly about this on here but all a bit confusing, anykind person like to give me some ideas please

thanks

gazmon2424

Guest duvee

i had the same problem.

i got somebody to tell me that i had to load the VEGA v1.09 rom instead of the POV 1.10.. because he wont recognize that one..

then you have to install the ADB drivers.. deleting the right USB control, and then installing the usb driver from modaco. after doing that, you have to re-insert the usb, and let it find out what device it is. (having debug mode on) then ADB should work, and you're ready to flash the R8 rom.

(you are on this step:)

Plug in your Vega and watch the “Universal serial bus controllers” section in device manager. A new device will appear, probably “USB Composite Device” and/or “USB Mass Storage Device”. On my PC, I already have a mass storage device so I ended up with two, and it can be hard to see which is which. To identify it, right click and select “Properties”. Then click “Details” and select “Hardware IDs”. You’re looking for a device with a hardware ID starting with USB\VID_0955&PID_7100.

0955 is the Vendor ID for Advent and 7100 is the product ID for the Vega.

Edited by duvee

Guest gazmon2424
i had the same problem.

i got somebody to tell me that i had to load the VEGA v1.09 rom instead of the POV 1.10.. because he wont recognize that one..

then you have to install the ADB drivers.. deleting the right USB control, and then installing the usb driver from modaco. after doing that, you have to re-insert the usb, and let it find out what device it is. (having debug mode on) then ADB should work, and you're ready to flash the R8 rom.

(you are on this step:)

Plug in your Vega and watch the “Universal serial bus controllers” section in device manager. A new device will appear, probably “USB Composite Device” and/or “USB Mass Storage Device”. On my PC, I already have a mass storage device so I ended up with two, and it can be hard to see which is which. To identify it, right click and select “Properties”. Then click “Details” and select “Hardware IDs”. You’re looking for a device with a hardware ID starting with USB\VID_0955&PID_7100.

0955 is the Vendor ID for Advent and 7100 is the product ID for the Vega.

will the hardware id`s be the same for the POV Mobii??

Guest duvee

I found the same ID's indeed.

I dont know if that was because of i installed the vega rom (so it would recognize it with vega ID's) or whether it was just the ID it had all along.

Just search through every USB connection, isnt that much work.. Should take you a minute, because normally there are at least 6 usb portals or sow.

Guest gazmon2424
I found the same ID's indeed.

I dont know if that was because of i installed the vega rom (so it would recognize it with vega ID's) or whether it was just the ID it had all along.

Just search through every USB connection, isnt that much work.. Should take you a minute, because normally there are at least 6 usb portals or sow.

thanks for reply

but basically your saying that before i do that i have to re-flash an earlier vega rom...yes?? because POV 1.10 wont be recognised

will any earlier POV rom work or does it have to be vega

thanks again for your help

what rom did u use? where can i find an earlier vega rom please

Edited by gazmon2424

Guest duvee

yes, that is what i am saying, and what was told to me when i was stuck in the same spot as you.

it's the easiest way to just install the vega rom, so you are sure it will work. (i think the vega rom is nicer because of the black status bar)

typically the vega rom is no problem for the POV, because the devices are almost the same.

the Vega ROM is found on http://www.myadventvega.co.uk/ (v1.09)

then hit downloads, and download the full software update image and install the way you installed your POV rom.

Edited by duvee