Cconnector ribbon in screen snapped

Guest mckal13

Guest mckal13

The connector ribbon from the touch screen smaped off while I was tryin to put it back in (loooong story). Afer several attempts of sorts, I have given up and resourted to using my keyboard for emergency use...

What are my options?

Guest carl rose

What does the ribbon look like? Is it standard? Similar to phones and laptops? You can try and look for someone that does them on ebay and ask, does the ribbon have some numbers printed on it? If you post here a photo it would help.

The more details the better

Guest mckal13
What does the ribbon look like? Is it standard? Similar to phones and laptops? You can try and look for someone that does them on ebay and ask, does the ribbon have some numbers printed on it? If you post here a photo it would help.

The more details the better

101H11A1 is the screen number

Genric 10.1inch which every clone has.

http://www.gwinc.com.tw/products/index.php...rint&id=202

The whole screen is fine. Just around 5 mm of the important male bit snapped off.

Guest carl rose
101H11A1 is the screen number

Genric 10.1inch which every clone has.

http://www.gwinc.com.tw/products/index.php...rint&id=202

The whole screen is fine. Just around 5 mm of the important male bit snapped off.

I am off to bed now but I will have a look for it tomorrow. It has a plug on each end right? Or is it only the end that plugs to the board? If this is the case the only way is to replace the whole screen. It will be very difficult otherwise if not downright impossible.

Guest anita20112011
I am off to bed now but I will have a look for it tomorrow. It has a plug on each end right? Or is it only the end that plugs to the board? If this is the case the only way is to replace the whole screen. It will be very difficult otherwise if not downright impossible.

change a new flex ribbon

Guest mckal13

I will open it up again in bit. But I guess so, I will look at a few vids online to confirm..

Cheers

Guest anita20112011
I will open it up again in bit. But I guess so, I will look at a few vids online to confirm..

Cheers

As I know, GlobalDirectParts has a lot of take apart vidoes on their website, you can have a look! :unsure: