Custom Rom install

Guest jodyn

Guest jodyn

Hello all, first post here, and new the whole scene

Recently got my Vega, and realised that I need to add the custom Rom to make it do what i wanted

problem is, i'm stuck here,

•If you are using Windows, your USB 'Android Developer Bridge' driver MUST be the one included in this download (use 'Have Disk' functionality in device manager to change if required)

Where do i do this, I am running Windows 7 (x64), and when i go to Device manager, i dont see this anywhere, I can get it to show APX, but when i try update the driver from the downloaded one, it says "Windows is using the best one" and does not install the new driver

Thanks in advance

Jody

Guest xathras
Where do i do this, I am running Windows 7 (x64), and when i go to Device manager, i dont see this anywhere, I can get it to show APX, but when i try update the driver from the downloaded one, it says "Windows is using the best one" and does not install the new driver

There is a neat program here - http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...iver-installer/ which may help you get the drivers sorted.

The installer mentioned should do the job for you. But if it doesn't, the thing to do when trying to change a driver and Windows gives you the "Windows knows best" message is to UNINSTALL the device. Device Manager will then show a device with no driver. Now when you select INSTALL driver you will be given the choice of letting Windows find one for you (don't do this) or manually browse to the folder where the driver you want to load is located (do this).

Guest Dave Marchant
thanks for that Dave (from WGS ?)

The same. Welcome to yet another forum, but I am very much a 'junior' here.

Guest warriorscot

APX is basically the device in recovery, I've found that as long as it has the recovery driver from advent you are good.

The ADB driver can be replaced by connecting the device with development enabled and running when you do this you get the normal device plus the android developer bridge device showing up just replace the driver for this device. If you have done that you can run adb and install the stock rom. Use audi to help while it doesn't actually always work in replacing drivers for everyone it can tell you what driver you are using and if its the right one it also includes both of the drivers.