Can I flash a pre-production Optimus 2X up to v10?

Guest playtime44

Guest playtime44

Hey, guys, I have a pre-production LG Optimus 2X on my hands - it was sent to me for testing and reviewing by LG.

I was wondering if I can update it to the stock v10 so I can continue my testing (my only contacts in LG are PR people, so they are of no help).

I'm free to do whatever I want with it, there's no warranty to void.

Still, I only see tutorials for flashing custom ROMs, and I'd like to flash a stock FW so that the phone will be representative of the 2X phones currently on the market.

Thanks!

Guest Rusty!
Hey, guys, I have a pre-production LG Optimus 2X on my hands - it was sent to me for testing and reviewing by LG.

I was wondering if I can update it to the stock v10 so I can continue my testing (my only contacts in LG are PR people, so they are of no help).

Still, I only see tutorials for flashing custom ROMs, and I'd like to flash a stock FW so that the phone will be representative of the 2X phones currently on the market.

Thanks!

Don't see why not, check out the NVflash link at the top

Guest playtime44
Don't see why not, check out the NVflash link at the top

Sure, but where do I get a stock firmware to download and flash with NVflash?

UPDATE: Oh, it listed the link to a firmware file alright. Haven't noticed that when I checked around beforehand.

Edited by playtime44

Guest ralli1300

Just flash it in this way LG wants you !

Download LG-Updater on there page and connect your device - then it should prompt you that an update is available.

Guest playtime44
Just flash it in this way LG wants you !

Download LG-Updater on there page and connect your device - then it should prompt you that an update is available.

Doesn't work, says the cellphone already has the latest software available.

I'll have a go at NVflash.

Guest Batkoto

Thanks!

Why don't you take it to LG @ Tzarigradsko shosse and they will be able to flash it for you.

Edited by Batkoto

Guest playtime44

Thanks, guys! NVFlash did it, I'm now at V10B FRG83G.

Everything seems faster now.

There's only one issue - when I restart the phone, no matter how much battery it had prior, upon booting it shows 1% battery, please connect charger.

Connecting the charger gets it back to the percentage before the reboot in a while. Sounds really strange, doesn't it?

I'll have to look into it...

Edited by playtime44

Guest playtime44
Did you flash the latest baseband too?

P

I'm not really sure how and why... Nobody suggested I should do that as well. Any pointers why I need the latest modem firmware...

EDiT: I just check how it's done, looks easy enough. The latest listed baseband is 1035.21_20110405, while mine is 1035.21_20110116. So I might as well go on and update that too. Thanks!

Edited by playtime44

Guest goatee
I'm not really sure how and why... Nobody suggested I should do that as well. Any pointers why I need the latest modem firmware...

If you use the official LG update tool, and update to 10D, it includes the new baseband :unsure:.

Guest playtime44
If you use the official LG update tool, and update to 10D, it includes the new baseband :unsure:.

That sound like a nice suggestion. I haven't seen V10D available for download just yet, and the LG Update Tool doesn't offer me any updates.

You know what's strange though, the Update tool still reports my software versions as being V09C instead of the just flashed V10B.

Guest playtime44

Success! I successfully updated the baseband as well (thanks for the tutorial, Paul)!

Aaaand, that fixed my battery issue as well as it seems so far.

Aaaand, the LG Software Update tool reports the correct V10C software version.

Edited by playtime44

Guest Batkoto
Success! I successfully updated the baseband as well (thanks for the tutorial, Paul)!

Aaaand, that fixed my battery issue as well as it seems so far.

Aaaand, the LG Software Update tool reports the correct V10C software version.

Bravo na teb :-)