help adding market to 1.10 POV stock

Guest gazmon2424

Guest gazmon2424

Hi,

i am using POV 1.10 stock at moment

is there a way to add android market without flashing a custom please or by just an add-on

thanks

gazmon2424

Edited by gazmon2424

Guest Jisonga

Yes there is mate.

Just pop over to the Vega forum of the xda developers website and then in the dev/rom section there is a app and market update for both Vega and pov that is installed via the software update option in the settings menu on pov.

Its dead easy and works as I only used it a few days without a hitch.

Jason.

Guest gazmon2424
Yes there is mate.

Just pop over to the Vega forum of the xda developers website and then in the dev/rom section there is a app and market update for both Vega and pov that is installed via the software update option in the settings menu on pov.

Its dead easy and works as I only used it a few days without a hitch.

Jason.

thanks for your quick reply

do u know how to install apps to the sdcard??

any help appreciated

gazmon2424

Guest duvee
thanks for your quick reply

do u know how to install apps to the sdcard??

any help appreciated

gazmon2424

An app called apps2sd, lets you replace your apps from phone/device to sd.

Root is required for this app, so that is the only 'downside'

Guest Jisonga

I will try and help mate.

First off here is the link to topic on xda devs website - forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=931337 - you will need to join to access downloads buts its free and well worth it mate as its a nice fit to all the great info on here.

I downloaded mine direct via my pov straight into the download folder on my SD card. All links for downloads are included in topic starting post.

The file you want is OG ROM ADDON V3.1

Then its dead easy. Just go to the settings on your pov and the scroll down to the software tool option and then select software update.

At first it will look in your software update folder but if you use the back folder icon at top of list just point program to your download folder and then just select the rom addon zip file and it will ask if its that's OK which it is.

Then sit back let the pov do all the work and get ready to log into market once its rebooted. You may see old market first but don't worry as a quick reload will sort that out.

Hope this helps mate.

Jason.

Guest Jisonga

Most of the time I just use the the move to SD option which can be found via the application settings on the pov.

Just use the manage applications and the select app and see if it has option to move to or from SD card.

I know its not quite as good as a proper app but does not require root, although I think this rom addon for market does add rooting to pov but not sure so check first.

Jason.

Guest gazmon2424
Most of the time I just use the the move to SD option which can be found via the application settings on the pov.

Just use the manage applications and the select app and see if it has option to move to or from SD card.

I know its not quite as good as a proper app but does not require root, although I think this rom addon for market does add rooting to pov but not sure so check first.

Jason.

i just installed market via the addon from your info, all works great, thanks for your valued help, as for root i think your right that its rooted when the addon is applied?, although the instructions state to root you need to start `visionary` icon etc

will try it sure it wont hurt

thanks again

gazmon