Bricked UK PUlse

Guest rambobambo

Guest rambobambo

Hi Guys

Please help me. I had bought a pulse from Tmobile UK, which had been unlocked. I had beeen using it for a while without any problems. Then suddenly it started to shut on its own. I used the official Tmobile UK firmware to updae it after the above problem ket on restarting the phone. It did not help, the same problem resurfaced, at one point phone was stable but remained in AIRPLANE mode, all the time. I then Used the follwoing combination to Factory reset and wipe:

Power + RED key + Menu key

Since then the phone wont even turn on.

Guys can you help to revive this phone.

Thanks in advance

Guest MountfordD
Hi Guys

Please help me. I had bought a pulse from Tmobile UK, which had been unlocked. I had beeen using it for a while without any problems. Then suddenly it started to shut on its own. I used the official Tmobile UK firmware to updae it after the above problem ket on restarting the phone. It did not help, the same problem resurfaced, at one point phone was stable but remained in AIRPLANE mode, all the time. I then Used the follwoing combination to Factory reset and wipe:

Power + RED key + Menu key

Since then the phone wont even turn on.

Guys can you help to revive this phone.

Thanks in advance

Stupid as this may sound but have you tried turning it off completely, taking the battery out and leaving it for several minutes? Make sure it has cooled down completely before you switch it back on.

My experience is this: I upgraded mine with FLB but it got very unstable so now I have the unofficial Cyanogen Plus by Antonio. It is slightly better but still reboots randomly under certain conditions. This is what I have found:

Most stable: Data off, 3G off, no background tasks In other words, standard phone no internet.

Most unstable: Data on, 3G on, download apps from Market. Guarantee to get into a boot loop that almost bricks your phone.

With the Cyanogen-Plus mod, you can install the Google apps separately. These appear to make the phone very unstable but without Market, it is not much good so I am experimenting by installing individual Google apps at the moment.

If you can, Fastboot the phone, install the Amon-Ra recovery (elsewhere in these forums), wipe everything especially the Dalvik cache. Format your SD card to FAT with a PC. Depending on what you want to do from here on, you can either install the official T-Mobile ROMs (get them off the TM site) or one of the mod ROMs.

If you want a mod ROM, you must install the Hungarian ROM as per instructions (in a dload folder) on the card. I have found that the official UK 2.1 upgrade does not create the expanded ROM space needed. Follow the instructions posted here elsewhere to install whichever mod ROM you want. Turn off Data and 3G as soon as possible and do a nandroid backup. If you get caught in a boot loop, a nandroid restore is the best way to recover in the quickest time. Otherwise you have to turn the phone off for several minutes and hope you can get it into a stable state when it comes back on.

As a last resort, T-Mobile will fix your phone for you free of charge. Ring them up and tell them it's bricked and a third-party company will send you a postage-paid envelope to send your phone off to them to be fixed. I got my envelope but never bothered to return my phone and bought a Pulse Mini instead. The Mini is 100% better than the Pulse but doesn't have such a good screen.

Hope this helps.

Guest rambobambo
Stupid as this may sound but have you tried turning it off completely, taking the battery out and leaving it for several minutes? Make sure it has cooled down completely before you switch it back on.

My experience is this: I upgraded mine with FLB but it got very unstable so now I have the unofficial Cyanogen Plus by Antonio. It is slightly better but still reboots randomly under certain conditions. This is what I have found:

Most stable: Data off, 3G off, no background tasks In other words, standard phone no internet.

Most unstable: Data on, 3G on, download apps from Market. Guarantee to get into a boot loop that almost bricks your phone.

With the Cyanogen-Plus mod, you can install the Google apps separately. These appear to make the phone very unstable but without Market, it is not much good so I am experimenting by installing individual Google apps at the moment.

If you can, Fastboot the phone, install the Amon-Ra recovery (elsewhere in these forums), wipe everything especially the Dalvik cache. Format your SD card to FAT with a PC. Depending on what you want to do from here on, you can either install the official T-Mobile ROMs (get them off the TM site) or one of the mod ROMs.

If you want a mod ROM, you must install the Hungarian ROM as per instructions (in a dload folder) on the card. I have found that the official UK 2.1 upgrade does not create the expanded ROM space needed. Follow the instructions posted here elsewhere to install whichever mod ROM you want. Turn off Data and 3G as soon as possible and do a nandroid backup. If you get caught in a boot loop, a nandroid restore is the best way to recover in the quickest time. Otherwise you have to turn the phone off for several minutes and hope you can get it into a stable state when it comes back on.

As a last resort, T-Mobile will fix your phone for you free of charge. Ring them up and tell them it's bricked and a third-party company will send you a postage-paid envelope to send your phone off to them to be fixed. I got my envelope but never bothered to return my phone and bought a Pulse Mini instead. The Mini is 100% better than the Pulse but doesn't have such a good screen.

Hope this helps.

Sincere thanks foor such a detailed reply. the phone wont even turn on at present . Can you suggest something thanks in advance.

Edited by rambobambo

Guest rambobambo

Hi Guys

Please help and reply

The phone does turn on now it has official Tmobile UK 2.1 ROM installed. But the phone switches off randomly, the battery when checked is very hot to touch. Please guide what to do and also can some one please tell how to install Clockwork recovery, step by step and also does phone neeed to be rooted beforehand. Please reply thanks.

Guest h3dshot
Hi Guys

Please help and reply

The phone does turn on now it has official Tmobile UK 2.1 ROM installed. But the phone switches off randomly, the battery when checked is very hot to touch. Please guide what to do and also can some one please tell how to install Clockwork recovery, step by step and also does phone neeed to be rooted beforehand. Please reply thanks.

sounds like hardware problem to me, at least its booting up now. i recommend you flash the official tmobile 1.5 or whatever it was and send it back to tmobile telling them its faulty they should replace it for you for free if its still within the warranty.