Using FR15, LG update tool wants to upgrade

Guest Peterfdevries

Guest Peterfdevries

Hi Guys,

I am working with Paul FR15 and today I plugged in my O2X into my computer. I started the update program from LG and it says that there is a new version available. Since I am curiously waiting for Gingerbread, I wonder if I should do the update. Of course I don't want to lose al my stuff installed. Certainly not when I am going back to a worse version from LG itself!

It should be handy when the updateprogram from LG should say what is being updated right? Than you'd know if it's worth the update!

Greetz

Guest Pikette

I have the same update notification in the LG Update tool (France). It tells me I am on v10B whereas I am on FR16 which is supposed to be on v10D. Obviously LG Tool does not recognize the proper version in MCR and wants to install v10D.

Edited by Pikette

Guest Peterfdevries
Take NAND backup, apply update, report back.

Have to wait for that. My new MicroSDHC card is coming in on monday or tuesday. On the current one I don't have enough space :unsure:

After that I will try. I can also report that, just like Pikette, my update program also claims i'm running on the v10B version.

Greetings

Guest Kostja_V

I have already updated my FR15 to V10C from LGMobile update. And I can see only one difference from the stock V10C:

When I bought my O2x it was running on V10C, Kernel: 2.6.32.9-dirty, but after updating it, I got V10C, Kernel: 2.6.32.9-00001-g6773c56.