very old man with vega wants to discover android

Guest phils928

Guest phils928

Hi my name is Phil and i have just purchased an Advent Vega. I am completly ignorant of android devices but keen to learn and would like to find out how to get the android market on my vega. At 40 years of age its now or never......... I am no ffan of apple so android it has to be can anybody advise me a good starting place many thanks Phil........

Guest Zebrahead
Hi my name is Phil and i have just purchased an Advent Vega. I am completly ignorant of android devices but keen to learn and would like to find out how to get the android market on my vega. At 40 years of age its now or never......... I am no ffan of apple so android it has to be can anybody advise me a good starting place many thanks Phil........

The best place to start would be the advent vega forum ^^.

You'll find everything you'll want to know there.

Zeb

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ukracer
The best place to start would be the advent vega forum ^^.

You'll find everything you'll want to know there.

Zeb

At 52 but being involved in IT for as long as I can remember I know how he feels. I have tried to read upo but its all starting to get heavy and over my head.

I am being told to keep my advent vega (which I have found next to useless) and not upgrade/trade in to a samsung galaxy tablet as I can now/soon install Honeycomb 3 which will radically alter the way I use (can use) my vega).

I actually need the tablet to be able to carry out support remotely in any location as I do tech support for a company that sells cutters and plotters etc.

But reading in the vega section its hard work working out all the acronyms and abbreviations etc.

I found it hard to switch from my windows phone to Android as I have large fingers and spent a month wanting to use a stylus on my desire.....lol But getting used to the Vega was even harder.

Any help to simplify (explain in simple terms) what we are trying to achieve with all these ROMS....baking..cooking,,,etc would be appreciated.

Guest Qwertymon
At 52 but being involved in IT for as long as I can remember I know how he feels. I have tried to read upo but its all starting to get heavy and over my head.

I am being told to keep my advent vega (which I have found next to useless) and not upgrade/trade in to a samsung galaxy tablet as I can now/soon install Honeycomb 3 which will radically alter the way I use (can use) my vega).

I actually need the tablet to be able to carry out support remotely in any location as I do tech support for a company that sells cutters and plotters etc.

But reading in the vega section its hard work working out all the acronyms and abbreviations etc.

I found it hard to switch from my windows phone to Android as I have large fingers and spent a month wanting to use a stylus on my desire.....lol But getting used to the Vega was even harder.

Any help to simplify (explain in simple terms) what we are trying to achieve with all these ROMS....baking..cooking,,,etc would be appreciated.

Considering the cost of the galaxy tab, and what you apear to want to use it for the Galaxy tab seems the better option for you.

How ever the vega is a stella little device and after you've put a custom rom on it once its easy after that, if your willing to learn take a stab at it, if your not grab a tab.

Guest ukracer
Considering the cost of the galaxy tab, and what you apear to want to use it for the Galaxy tab seems the better option for you.

How ever the vega is a stella little device and after you've put a custom rom on it once its easy after that, if your willing to learn take a stab at it, if your not grab a tab.

I have done it once and always willing to learn but Ebay are throwing changes at us daily (time consuming) and I am in the middle of trying to get my head round the API so I can automate our processes which are taking so much time due to ebay being useless.

so yes I will be having a bash just wondered if I should try honeycomb 3 or a new version of Modaco Rom.....