Light bleed, is to be expected?

Guest Seagull81

Guest Seagull81

I've had my Transformer a few days now and in darker conditions I can see some light bleed at the screen edges. Is light bleed normal with this type of screen?

I should point out that it's not so noticeable in normal lighting.

Guest Putzy
I've had my Transformer a few days now and in darker conditions I can see some light bleed at the screen edges. Is light bleed normal with this type of screen?

I should point out that it's not so noticeable in normal lighting.

I don't think it's normal... but it certainly seems to be a pattern. Both the iPad and the iPad 2 had noticeable light bleed on some units, and they use the same type of IPS panel as the Transformer.

Guest pauldarken
I don't think it's normal... but it certainly seems to be a pattern. Both the iPad and the iPad 2 had noticeable light bleed on some units, and they use the same type of IPS panel as the Transformer.

No light bleed on mine. Would be useful to see what percentage have light bleed issues.

Guest stuntdouble

It seems to be 'normal' with the rushed production batches pushed out by Asus, but if it was me I'd get a replacement.

The iPad screens with the light bleed issue were made by LG and now they've lost the contract to make the screens for Apple. Samsungs got the job now.

Guest Seagull81

I called in-store for a replacement but that had light bleed too, so I walked away with a bit of paper after being told that my money would be refunded in 3-5 days. I'm not sure what to do now, I really like the TF other than the light bleed issue, I'm reluctant to order another on-line and yet I don't know if another store would be happy to open up the boxes of their TF's so that I can check that the screen is OK.

Guest lynnd
I called in-store for a replacement but that had light bleed too, so I walked away with a bit of paper after being told that my money would be refunded in 3-5 days. I'm not sure what to do now, I really like the TF other than the light bleed issue, I'm reluctant to order another on-line and yet I don't know if another store would be happy to open up the boxes of their TF's so that I can check that the screen is OK.

Are you sure it wasn't that you had touched the status bar at the bottom. Thats the only time i have found light bleed.

Guest GTP04

Ive found that i have the slightest amount on the bottom in the taskbar but that doesnt really bother me, but one night i has holding the transformer with my thumb and index finger on the corner of the screen, and the flex was enough to produce light bleed where both my fingers were, but holding differently and leaving it over night seemed to,allow the screen return to normal

• 1 month later...
Guest ikirt
Ive found that i have the slightest amount on the bottom in the taskbar but that doesnt really bother me, but one night i has holding the transformer with my thumb and index finger on the corner of the screen, and the flex was enough to produce light bleed where both my fingers were, but holding differently and leaving it over night seemed to,allow the screen return to normal

Just got my TF 2 days ago and I'm seeing the light bleed on mine :) Does everyone with the light bleeding have a serial that starts with B50K ? I've heard that the TF with B60 are built better. Can anyone confirm this ?

Thanks.

Edited by ikirt

Guest jonnyspuruk
Just got my TF 2 days ago and I'm seeing the light bleed on mine :) Does everyone with the light bleeding have a serial that starts with B50K ? I've heard that the TF with B60 are built better. Can anyone confirm this ?

Thanks.

I have a B60 and have light bleed

Guest MartinodF

B60 here, and I have light bleed both on the lower side and on the left side of the screen. However, it is only noticable during boot, when the screen is completely black, and I can't see it at all while using the TF normally. I'm not going to replace it for such a minor issue, also because it seems that most 10inch IPS panels on the market have some light bleed... Since it doesn't affect my normal use, I'll just close my eyes while it's booting and ignore it :blink: