SD Card Formatting

Guest scoobysnax67

Guest scoobysnax67

Hi

Im new so please bear with me. Just had my vega a couple of days and seem to have done soemthign to the SD card. All was well until linked to my pc (didnt install the media exe) and then tok the sd card out without 'unmounting' first.

Now my vega works still but doesnt recognise the sd card...and neither does my pc if I stick it in an sd adaptor. So is the card fried or have I doen something by not unmounting/mounting it correctly?

Have to say the support guide is crap and doesnt tell you how to do this!

So im worried I may have lost all the preinstalled files on it. A few questions please:

should I try the mount/unmount now and see if that fixes it?

if not I have a new sd card on order...how do I format it and get the preinstalled folders on to it....does the vega do that?

any advice welcome!

Thanks

Scoobysnax67

Guest premieral
Hi

Im new so please bear with me. Just had my vega a couple of days and seem to have done soemthign to the SD card. All was well until linked to my pc (didnt install the media exe) and then tok the sd card out without 'unmounting' first.

Now my vega works still but doesnt recognise the sd card...and neither does my pc if I stick it in an sd adaptor. So is the card fried or have I doen something by not unmounting/mounting it correctly?

Have to say the support guide is crap and doesnt tell you how to do this!

So im worried I may have lost all the preinstalled files on it. A few questions please:

should I try the mount/unmount now and see if that fixes it?

if not I have a new sd card on order...how do I format it and get the preinstalled folders on to it....does the vega do that?

any advice welcome!

Thanks

Scoobysnax67

Hi Scoobysnax97

i used cwm to format and create my extensions as windows did it but link2sd could never see the extension.

and by preinstalled folders what do you mean?

Guest scoobysnax67
Hi Scoobysnax97

i used cwm to format and create my extensions as windows did it but link2sd could never see the extension.

and by preinstalled folders what do you mean?

Hi bbefore this happened i could see the sd card abd it already had some folders on it such as vega media which containes an exe installarion i believe. So if i insert a new sd card should i plug it in then slect, mount,? Will it then create any necessary folders??

SORRY IM A NOOB....dont want to cock my new sd card up when it arrives.

:unsure:

Looking for s imple guid on howbto format the new card and mount/ unmount it. Plus ifvpossible get the right folders on it thanks

Guest chugglet
Hi bbefore this happened i could see the sd card abd it already had some folders on it such as vega media which containes an exe installarion i believe. So if i insert a new sd card should i plug it in then slect, mount,? Will it then create any necessary folders??

SORRY IM A NOOB....dont want to cock my new sd card up when it arrives.

Looking for s imple guid on howbto format the new card and mount/ unmount it. Plus ifvpossible get the right folders on it thanks

I bought a 16gb card last week and tried 5 different Computers and my Vega before eventually, a Vista Laptop formatted it so keep trying!!

When I inserted it into my Vega, it automatically created the necessary folders it needed (Vega Media, etc).

I'm a Newbie too but just trying to pass on a little of what I have learned!!

Guest scoobysnax67
I bought a 16gb card last week and tried 5 different Computers and my Vega before eventually, a Vista Laptop formatted it so keep trying!!

When I inserted it into my Vega, it automatically created the necessary folders it needed (Vega Media, etc).

I'm a Newbie too but just trying to pass on a little of what I have learned!!

ok many thanks...just so Im clear once ive formatted my new card on my pc to fat32......whats the process for getting into the vega, is it;;

• insert card
  • turn vega on
  • settings/sd card/mount

and thats it?

Guest beegee1962
ok many thanks...just so Im clear once ive formatted my new card on my pc to fat32......whats the process for getting into the vega, is it;;
  • insert card
  • turn vega on
  • settings/sd card/mount

and thats it?

Usually you should not need the 3rd step. The tablet should recognize the card by himself.

But step 1 and 2 are correct.

Guest scoobysnax67
Usually you should not need the 3rd step. The tablet should recognize the card by himself.

But step 1 and 2 are correct.

Ok many thanks Ill give it a try when my card turns up.

Once its ok I assume to remove the card its:

vega is turned on

stttings/unmount card

remove card

Guest scoobysnax67
Ok many thanks Ill give it a try when my card turns up.

Once its ok I assume to remove the card its:

vega is turned on

stttings/unmount card

remove card

:rolleyes:

now loaded and all ok so many thanks for all responses........anyone want a fried 4gb sdhc? :P