looking for a new touchscreen phone, ideas?

Guest h3dshot

Guest h3dshot

hi guys thinking about updating my pulse with something new.

its been a long run and my pulse is pretty much battered :unsure: any1 recommend some good phones up to £150? preferably touchscreen with a decent size screen, decent performance specs etc.

Guest h3dshot
Check out ebay, HTC Desire.

LOL they are all £250+ im on a student budget so something a little less pricey please :unsure:

Guest h3dshot
ZTE Blade?

thats what i was looking at earlier:P it seems like a good replacement, i should get around £60 for my pulse on ebay meaning i only have to cough up £39 for an upgrade :unsure:

Guest jeddy1
thats what i was looking at earlier:P it seems like a good replacement, i should get around £60 for my pulse on ebay meaning i only have to cough up £39 for an upgrade :unsure:

£60?? other people can buy a blade with £60.anyway u could wait little bit more for the skate!if u dont like it then go for the blade.what u mean ur pulse is battered?? u could buy a new battery if it doesnt last long:P

Guest h3dshot
£60?? other people can buy a blade with £60.anyway u could wait little bit more for the skate!if u dont like it then go for the blade.what u mean ur pulse is battered?? u could buy a new battery if it doesnt last long:P

a blade for £60? ive seen a few pulses going on ebay for around £60. yeah i also had a look at the skate earlier,i dont think its going to be cheap and it looks quite big, too big for my liking:( and by battered i mean the usb/charging socket is bent from when i forgot my phone was connected to the charger and i quickly picked it up and attemped to put it into my pocket as i was in a rush :\ still works just need to angle it a little, and since im not good at DIY and am gettin bored of the pulse, i thought it was time to move on :unsure:

Guest jeddy1
a blade for £60? ive seen a few pulses going on ebay for around £60. yeah i also had a look at the skate earlier,i dont think its going to be cheap and it looks quite big, too big for my liking:( and by battered i mean the usb/charging socket is bent from when i forgot my phone was connected to the charger and i quickly picked it up and attemped to put it into my pocket as i was in a rush :\ still works just need to angle it a little, and since im not good at DIY and am gettin bored of the pulse, i thought it was time to move on :unsure:

watch the threads for blade.someone bought a blade for £40(he get £25 down gaqving his old nokia)the phone was £65 ! the skate will be around £150-200.i like that screen size btw :)

Guest WallOfSound

its been a long run and my pulse is pretty much battered :unsure: any1 recommend some good phones up to £150? preferably touchscreen with a decent size screen, decent performance specs etc.

If you are willing to up your budget slightly then get a samsung galaxy ace.

They are £200 atm but i've seen them a bit cheaper on e-bay.

Same screen as the pulse but way better internals and it's getting an official gingerbread update this month.

Guest h3dshot
watch the threads for blade.someone bought a blade for £40(he get £25 down gaqving his old nokia)the phone was £65 ! the skate will be around £150-200.i like that screen size btw :unsure:

If you are willing to up your budget slightly then get a samsung galaxy ace.

They are £200 atm but i've seen them a bit cheaper on e-bay.

Same screen as the pulse but way better internals and it's getting an official gingerbread update this month.

ok thanks. i was looking at the blade forum and cheapest deal i found was it being sold in spain for like 59 euros but you had to subscribe to some internet thing for 8 euros a month for 3 months... ;) think ill just buy direct from orange and root and network unlock as soon as i get it :) as much as i'd like to increase my budget i cant :o thanks for the idea tho :P

Guest jeddy1
yeah out of my price range aswell :\ think ill end up getting a blade after my exams

blade is a cool phone but just one thing! after u get blade then u will see so many threads which maybe will make u to buy another phone but u will not have more money to buy it so better stick one,two or 3 months more with the pulse and save some money.the other phones which are now little bit expensive will be lower in price and u can find a good deal of buying a nice phone which may also be an ARMv7 processor 800mhz+.think about it!

Guest James Kei

Sony Ericsson X10 is a very good device in term of hardware. It is only running 2.1, by Summer, 2.3 ROM will be release. I pickup a good condition used copy, added custom ROM 2.2 CM6 2.1.3, very fast and nice in deep.

100% Flash support, native App2SD, fully functional 8MP camera + HD video.

cheer.

James

Guest de_shepherd
blade is a cool phone but just one thing! after u get blade then u will see so many threads which maybe will make u to buy another phone but u will not have more money to buy it so better stick one,two or 3 months more with the pulse and save some money.the other phones which are now little bit expensive will be lower in price and u can find a good deal of buying a nice phone which may also be an ARMv7 processor 800mhz+.think about it!

I think waiting for price of the current ARMv7 phones to drop as dual core comes in (or alternatively waiting to save up some more cash) may be best ... I've said this before but with Flash and Firefox there's been a start of (serious) devlelopers dropping support for ARMv6 phones - the high-end phones are all going to be ARMv7 so they clearly see its not worth compromising their apps by using a subset of what the CPUs in them are capable of. Personally I see a blade as very much a side-ways move from the Pulse - ok, its a bit better (more RAM, better screen) but fundamentally I can see in 6 months time that you'll start to think you need to switch to a phone with a v7 CPU

Guest h3dshot
I think waiting for price of the current ARMv7 phones to drop as dual core comes in (or alternatively waiting to save up some more cash) may be best ... I've said this before but with Flash and Firefox there's been a start of (serious) devlelopers dropping support for ARMv6 phones - the high-end phones are all going to be ARMv7 so they clearly see its not worth compromising their apps by using a subset of what the CPUs in them are capable of. Personally I see a blade as very much a side-ways move from the Pulse - ok, its a bit better (more RAM, better screen) but fundamentally I can see in 6 months time that you'll start to think you need to switch to a phone with a v7 CPU

hmmm ok i'll take your advice on this one :\

Guest de_shepherd

Saw today that carphonewarwhouse are selling the Ideos X5 for £170 SIM-free ... this apparently has the same CPU/graphics as the Desire Z/HD so looks "interesting". However, its another Huawei phone which seems to be putting some ex-Pulse owners off!

Guest h3dshot
Saw today that carphonewarwhouse are selling the Ideos X5 for £170 SIM-free ... this apparently has the same CPU/graphics as the Desire Z/HD so looks "interesting". However, its another Huawei phone which seems to be putting some ex-Pulse owners off!

hahah yeah i probably wouldnt go for another Huawei phone :P

Guest jeddy1

so u are saying what i said but in more words right :P

u didnt get tired of reading all that ..? mine was shorter :rolleyes:

Guest h3dshot
so u are saying what i said but in more words right :P

u didnt get tired of reading all that ..? mine was shorter :rolleyes:

lmao cant be rude when someones taken the time to give me advice <_<