Why chinese Font support always comes and goes.

Guest wc326

Guest wc326

hi there,

I am trying to flash Modaco rom for my friend, who needs to have chinese support for the interface and ui setting.

For some reason, my lg 2x is able to flash with chinese without issue, ALtho i dont' even need them.

However, when i was trying to flash my friend's LG 2x, somehow after flashing The Modaco rf16 beta 3, the chinese is gone. And only can use Locale2 to get it back.

This is what i usually do when flashing a custom rom, WIpe both data, system, cache, deviah cache. then Flash the rom.

so i would like to know what i need to do in order to get back chinese support by default even after flashing modaco custom roms. and is there any downside using Locale2 application to get chinese support??

thanks guys

Edited by wc326

Guest wc326
No reason not to use MoreLocale2... and I never change anything re: Chinese support between builds!

P

yea i found something very strange, since i have just flashed 2s LG 2x SYSTEM at once, one did manage to have stock default chinese font support in android setting. but the other have chinese setting missing.

this is so strange, as i have done the same procedure for both system when flashing the rom.

can you recommend me on how to get chinese font back for my friend, since reflashing Modaco rf16 beta 3 did not help.

Edited by wc326

Guest mankian

would be interested if someone manages to get chinese characters on stock roms... its weird theres no support by default yet my brothers old htc desire supports all languages out the box.

Guest wc326
would be interested if someone manages to get chinese characters on stock roms... its weird theres no support by default yet my brothers old htc desire supports all languages out the box.

would you guide me on porting chinese font out form stock hongkong rom?? and how to install back to modaco custom roms.

But somehow , i was able to get chinese characters setting from my own lg 2x with modaco roms. But i was unable to get chinese on my friend's lg 2x.. both device is from Hongkong.. so this is very strange.

Guest mankian

sorry i cant help you.

i have a uk phone, out the box it CAN display chinese characters (only tested with simplified). i cannot change the system/menus to chinese langauge though (but i wouldnt want too, im English).

i installed google pinyin (from market) and i can now input chinese characters too.

i dont think this is what your asking but it helped me out!

also the google translate app is awesome!

Guest Squide
hi there,

I am trying to flash Modaco rom for my friend, who needs to have chinese support for the interface and ui setting.

For some reason, my lg 2x is able to flash with chinese without issue, ALtho i dont' even need them.

However, when i was trying to flash my friend's LG 2x, somehow after flashing The Modaco rf16 beta 3, the chinese is gone. And only can use Locale2 to get it back.

This is what i usually do when flashing a custom rom, WIpe both data, system, cache, deviah cache. then Flash the rom.

so i would like to know what i need to do in order to get back chinese support by default even after flashing modaco custom roms. and is there any downside using Locale2 application to get chinese support??

thanks guys

The traditional chinese settings are always there for me... without using morelocale2

no matter which version of MCR I flashed, I'm using mainly traditional chinese for daily use..

and the Fr16 fix the LG induced wifi bug too ! which is great :unsure:

Edited by Squide