Online card security problem in Firefox 4

Guest trevor432990

Guest trevor432990

Off topic I know but I thought it was important enough for general awareness to you guys :unsure:

The online card security 'Verified by Visa' and 'Mastercard Securecode' will not run correctly since Firefox updated so you may be unable to make online purchases using Firefox. If you hit problems like I did on the lottery site this evening trying to top-up funds then go back to using IE browser and it'll be OK. Doubt if the Android browsers will be affected by this but bear it in mind if you do hit issues.

For Firefox users more info is available here but I expect there are other posts elsewhere.

Edited by trevor432990

Guest chugglet
Off topic I know but I thought it was important enough for general awareness to you guys :unsure:

The online card security 'Verified by Visa' and 'Mastercard Securecode' will not run correctly since Firefox updated so you may be unable to make online purchases using Firefox. If you hit problems like I did on the lottery site this evening trying to top-up funds then go back to using IE browser and it'll be OK. Doubt if the Android browsers will be affected by this but bear it in mind if you do hit issues.

For Firefox users more info is available here but I expect there are other posts elsewhere.

I think it must be a Windows thing as I have used Firefox 4 on my MAC this weekend to buy some train tickets & add funds to my lottery account.

I had no problems with the Verified By Visa screen for either transaction and using 2 different cards.

Guest trevor432990
I think it must be a Windows thing as I have used Firefox 4 on my MAC this weekend to buy some train tickets & add funds to my lottery account.

I had no problems with the Verified By Visa screen for either transaction and using 2 different cards.

That's interesting will see what they come back with on that score.

Guest HunteronX
Off topic I know but I thought it was important enough for general awareness to you guys :)

Thanks for the information! :unsure:

Guest trevor432990
I've done a couple of purchases and been 'Verified by Visa' without any problems.

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

Firefox v 4.0.1

Hmm very strange I've reverted to v3.6.17 now and all is ok again. No idea why there is an issue although it also seemed to mess javascript up as well so double the pain.