LATEST OFFICIAL WM6.5 UPDATE (May 2011) for Omnia II

Guest CrescendoFire

Guest yonn1981
It is a custom ROM! The name of the file tells everything. Anyone tried a non-custom T*Omnia2 ROM? I think that should work and not "All in one packages" will in it. Give me a link to a non-custom T*Omnia2 ROM, and I'll give it a shot.

Also the link point to:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MA0X037H

Searching in this forum revealed:

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?s=&sho...t&p=1645362

How it's a new ROM "MAY??" while kgp700 from the above post posted the same link in MARCH?

Edited by yonn1981

Guest CrescendoFire

The original link I got is telling to update via Kies. And it's in Korean. And also from that site, it tells everything. Including the thing I had mentioned above: CONSTANT UPDATE by Samsung.

Here's the original link (second tab):

http://kr.samsungmobile.com/product/anycal...=9&onPlay=N

I don't know how to extract it from Kies and also googling about the given ROM name and version pointed me to those megaupload link. And the part is correct (phone, CSC) except the ROM part is somehow strange, it's all in one package.

If anyone here can pull the ROM from Kies, it'll be GREAT... ^^

Edited by CrescendoFire

Guest bu11d0g
The original link I got is telling to update via Kies. And it's in Korean. And also from that site, it tells everything. Including the thing I had mentioned above: CONSTANT UPDATE by Samsung.

Here's the original link (second tab):

http://kr.samsungmobile.com/product/anycal...=9&onPlay=N

I don't know how to extract it from Kies and also googling about the given ROM name and version pointed me to those megaupload link. And the part is correct (phone, CSC) except the ROM part is somehow strange, it's all in one package.

If anyone here can pull the ROM from Kies, it'll be GREAT... ^^

Are u saying there's hope we could get this thing translated in case u were able to extract it? o.o

Guest darkworldzz
It is a custom ROM! The name of the file tells everything. Anyone tried a non-custom T*Omnia2 ROM? I think that should work and not "All in one packages" will in it. Give me a link to a non-custom T*Omnia2 ROM, and I'll give it a shot.

ahh that explains all the missing exe files...

Guest vd69

for Translation

1)Put all the mui files from a dump 6.5 rom to Windows\

2)change in windows\startmenu\ the names to your language Progmams and settings

3)change in Registry HKCU\MUI to your language code for english 0409

REBOOT

Thats how I translated all the english rom to my Language Greek (0408)

Edited by vd69

Guest CrescendoFire
Are u saying there's hope we could get this thing translated in case u were able to extract it? o.o

Correct... ^^

Since we got so many great chef here that can work together in translating those ROM..

If we able to get Android to run on our Omnia2, why we can't do ONLY a ROM translation?

We can do it if we work together... ^^

Guest CrescendoFire

I think the first thing we need is: get someone who post about English ROM for their M715 to update their ROM to the latest and dump it and upload it on the net... And we can take care of the rest....

Guest bu11d0g
I think the first thing we need is: get someone who post about English ROM for their M715 to update their ROM to the latest and dump it and upload it on the net... And we can take care of the rest....

I could provide some help in translating to English or Portuguese haha :] I really enjoyed this ROM even though I don't speak korean :P

Guest thund3r

C'mon guy let's really do this together !

I'm willing to help to, just tell me what to do because I'm a newbie...

If only we could pull this off !!! It would be great !

Edited by thund3r

Guest An Nguyen

While the machine up it says 101% Flash, so then there is no USB connection anymore and worse of all, I do not know that it's in Korean Korean show: |

now do not know where to change the language at all: (

And if the PC is not connected then how UPROM are: (

Guest CrescendoFire

Thanks for the torrent link... ^^

Now pulling from torrent above.... Will peek inside those magic ROM ASAP.... ^^

YEAH!!! Let's do this together and we can revive our OmniaII!!!!

Edited by CrescendoFire

Guest bu11d0g
Thanks for the torrent link... ^^

Now pulling from torrent above.... Will peek inside those magic ROM ASAP.... ^^

YEAH!!! Let's do this together and we can revive our OmniaII!!!!

Count me in dude :D

Waiting for your findings about the ROM!

Guest Rapid81

I downloaded the ROM, took apart and tomorrow I'll try to create something from it. :D We'll see, but at first sight, it's looks promising.

Guest Namar
I downloaded the ROM, took apart and tomorrow I'll try to create something from it. :D We'll see, but at first sight, it's looks promising.

I am excited Chef!!

Guest chteh0721

waiting for your good news

Guest Rapid81

I need help!!! I created a ROM with the ROM's Apps and drivers. It started, but now I want to go back to my custom ROm and investigate further this TOmnia2 ROM, but now when I plug the turned off phone to my PC, the Octans won't recognize it. Please help!!! FAST!

OK, I solved it. The Windows messed up the USB driver somehow. I reinstalled it and now I'm flashing. :D

So, I'll try again with the TOmnia2 ROM. I'll not change the drivers next time, only the OEMApps folder with the applications and probably the OGLES drivers. The problem is, I need to check file-by-file the whole folder to filter out the korean things and change those with english ones, if exists. I changed the OEM_Lang folder and almost the all programs were english, except the ones with no english mui files or built-in languages. But these can be filtered out.

But I say, the applications CAN portable to our device!!!

Edited by Rapid81

Guest WovW
I changed the OEM_Lang folder and almost the all programs were english, except the ones with no english mui files or built-in languages. But these can be filtered out.

But I say, the applications CAN portable to our device!!!

I need to see Screenshots / Videos !!! Slurp!!!!

WovW

Guest problematika

Rapid, it would be great to put some screenshots here. Ofc, when you done your job! Is it fast and stable? You rock! :D

Guest Rapid81

Right now I put my 21960 ROm back. I'll try to put together a ROm with JJ1 and T*Omnia2 ROM to test. But we'll have some problems. For example, the Phonebook's executable file contains some images with korean texts on it. And some of the exe files does not have 409 mui. If I can put together a stable and fast ROM with the apps of the T*Omnia2, then I'll publish it and everybody can help with the bugfixing and translation. :D It'll be 6.5, that's for sure, because the T*Omnia2 ROM is 6.5 too. The apps would not work perfectly on 6.5.3.

Edited by Rapid81

Guest stefanofax

Hey Rapid, so It's really a new rom from samsung? and it's significantly better then previous roms?

Edited by stefanofax

Guest bu11d0g
Hey Rapid, so It's really a new rom from samsung? and it's significantly better then previous roms?

looks like it

it'll need some work, but we can pull it off :D

Guest CrescendoFire
Right now I put my 21960 ROm back. I'll try to put together a ROm with JJ1 and T*Omnia2 ROM to test. But we'll have some problems. For example, the Phonebook's executable file contains some images with korean texts on it. And some of the exe files does not have 409 mui. If I can put together a stable and fast ROM with the apps of the T*Omnia2, then I'll publish it and everybody can help with the bugfixing and translation. :D It'll be 6.5, that's for sure, because the T*Omnia2 ROM is 6.5 too. The apps would not work perfectly on 6.5.3.

I suggest you not to mix it with JJ1 since JJ1 is strange and looks like it's an incomplete ROM... I tried it before and it won't boot properly... I mix it with the older ROM but it won't behave the same as T*Omnia II ROM...

I think that not only the drivers are different, it's the applications itself is refined by Samsung... I take the Phonebook and CallLog program, copy it over my current old ROM and I can really feel the diff... So fluid and fast... All without changing my current ROM or drivers or anything, just copying the exe over my windows folder... Strange eh?

Guest sgmem88
I suggest you not to mix it with JJ1 since JJ1 is strange and looks like it's an incomplete ROM... I tried it before and it won't boot properly... I mix it with the older ROM but it won't behave the same as T*Omnia II ROM...

I think that not only the drivers are different, it's the applications itself is refined by Samsung... I take the Phonebook and CallLog program, copy it over my current old ROM and I can really feel the diff... So fluid and fast... All without changing my current ROM or drivers or anything, just copying the exe over my windows folder... Strange eh?

I think you are right.

I always have the impression that Opera Mini is much much fluid and fast compare to other apps in almost all roms I tried.

So I guess how the apps are written do make a different too, not just the rom only :D