LATEST OFFICIAL WM6.5 UPDATE (May 2011) for Omnia II

Guest CrescendoFire

Guest Murshad
I can't remove Opera 9, some part of it tied to TouchWiz. And if I remove it, the TouchWiz won't load also... Ah, I already removed all MSN and also Live! thing as they got updated version out there....

Use the I8000NXXJJ1_I8000PROJJ1.rar... About language, you can install it later. And no need to flash CSC....

umm, use JJ1 eboot and phone... don't use the korean ROM's part other than PDA part as you'll brick your phone....

I dont going for Korean Rom part. As u still cooking the final version. Leave opera as it is. you better know all this.

So m Flashing

I8000NXXJJ1_I8000PROJJ1.rar thats PDA Part

Eboot_I8000NXXJJ1_HW_40 Thats Eboot Part

Phone_I8000XXJJ1 thats Phone Part

and CSC Remains the same as mt previous

I8000ARBJA2... So theres no Update for CSC parts. I Live in Pakistan. and Here Phone comes from UAE mostly but Singapore also.

Previously I have a Pakistani CSC mo Its the UAE region one. M leaving it as it is on your instructions? as there is no update

So m doing it on Octans 2.14 with Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit..

What Should I write in Octans?

Guest CrescendoFire
I dont going for Korean Rom part. As u still cooking the final version. Leave opera as it is. you better know all this.

So m Flashing

I8000ARBJA2... So theres no Update for CSC parts. I Live in Pakistan. and Here Phone comes from UAE mostly but Singapore also.

Previously I have a Pakistani CSC mo Its the UAE region one. M leaving it as it is on your instructions? as there is no update

So m doing it on Octans 2.14 with Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit..

What Should I write in Octans?

Yup yup... ^^

and CSC Remains the same as my previous

---> ALL CORRECT... ^^

Because CSC is only a customizations to different operators... They might or might not needed... Some CSC only contain the network customized boot logo and sound... Little give useful programs....

Just make sure you enable (check): Preserve device's content... And you can press detect and turn off your phone completely (shutdown) and plug it and let it be done automatically...

Btw, have you install the USB drivers needed? as Octans can't use the Win7 WMDC drivers... If no, download this driver and update the i8000 drivers found under Windows 7's Control Panel > Device Manager > Mobile Phone > GT-I8000

i8000_Driver.rar

Guest Murshad
Yup yup... ^^

and CSC Remains the same as my previous

---> ALL CORRECT... ^^

Because CSC is only a customizations to different operators... They might or might not needed... Some CSC only contain the network customized boot logo and sound... Little give useful programs....

Speed Frog says I should

"use the JI1 csc file this one is NXX (multilanguage)".. Should I go for it or leave as ols ARB as it is.

Thanx for drivers. I have this but u remind me to check once again..

Guest CrescendoFire
Speed Frog says I should

"use the JI1 csc file this one is NXX (multilanguage)".. Should I go for it or leave as ols ARB as it is.

Thanx for drivers. I have this but u remind me to check once again..

Hmm... No need for me... Because I never flashed any CSC... And from my experience, CSC isn't really matter as its only a customization... My suggestion is to leave it as is....

You're welcome... ^^

Tomorrow I'm gonna upload the ROM...

Guest CrescendoFire
Wowww B) :D ;)

i'll gonna test it and give the report :)

Yah tell how fast the rom then I also update it

From my private testing, the ROM is not as fluid as T*Omnia2 ROM... When doing some comparation, the base OS mainly the same as our JJ1. But when I combine OEMApps & OEMLang with JJ1 base OS, it can run IMPRESSIVE!! So the problem lies withing the program as I predicted before... But I can't translate all the Korean language into English, it'll take ages before I can release the ROM...

FYI: I did translate Samsung Twitter app, and it takes about a week to make it usable (I mean really good translation, not some Google Translate)...

Guest Murshad
From my private testing, the ROM is not as fluid as T*Omnia2 ROM... When doing some comparation, the base OS mainly the same as our JJ1. But when I combine OEMApps & OEMLang with JJ1 base OS, it can run IMPRESSIVE!! So the problem lies withing the program as I predicted before... But I can't translate all the Korean language into English, it'll take ages before I can release the ROM...

FYI: I did translate Samsung Twitter app, and it takes about a week to make it usable (I mean really good translation, not some Google Translate)...

Do what should we do? Just replace wifi picker files and sound driver? as mentioned in another post?

Guest Murshad
Hmm... No need for me... Because I never flashed any CSC... And from my experience, CSC isn't really matter as its only a customization... My suggestion is to leave it as is....

You're welcome... ^^

Tomorrow I'm gonna upload the ROM...

All things go fine. I have received the Job done. Launched message by octan. But my phone is now not turn on. It only turns on for a second. show samsung omnia II then turns off. Hard reset is also not working? What to do?

Guest aafi-rocks
All things go fine. I have received the Job done. Launched message by octan. But my phone is now not turn on. It only turns on for a second. show samsung omnia II then turns off. Hard reset is also not working? What to do?

Remove battery..put back in and reboot. If still doesn't work then flash again.,..

you can also follow the video guide on the below link and check if you have flashed properly.

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...-win7-32-64bit/

Edited by aafi-rocks

Guest Murshad
Remove battery..put back in and reboot. If still doesn't work then flash again.,..

you can also follow the video guide on the below link and check if you have flashed properly.

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...-win7-32-64bit/

Yes I did it it Last Night before reading your Reply. Although My PC is not recognizing my device. Octans Some hoe recognize it and phone goes to Download mode. This time I also try to UPdate CSC file coz 1st time CSC field is empty. Instead of selecting JI1 I select JJ1.

But all things are Fine. I have JJ1 CSC PDA and PHone now..

Guest CrescendoFire

Yes I did it it Last Night before reading your Reply. Although My PC is not recognizing my device. Octans Some hoe recognize it and phone goes to Download mode. This time I also try to UPdate CSC file coz 1st time CSC field is empty. Instead of selecting JI1 I select JJ1.

But all things are Fine. I have JJ1 CSC PDA and PHone now..

Heh? this is strange... I got 2 omnia i8000 in my home right now (mine and my girl's) and just flashed it with my custom ROM, all without CSC... I only got PDA section filled with my ROM and it run OK... FYI: I only ever update eboot,phone,pda. never CSC...

is there any update for the touchplayer in the korean rom ?

TOuchplayer in Korean ROM won't run, it got some cert issue... I got the cert file from Korean ROM. its OEM.cer file. How to install it in the i8000? I really got no idea how to install it beside cooking it.

TouchPlayer___Cert.rar

Edited by CrescendoFire

Guest eXPerience
Heh? this is strange... I got 2 omnia i8000 in my home right now (mine and my girl's) and just flashed it with my custom ROM, all without CSC... I only got PDA section filled with my ROM and it run OK... FYI: I only ever update eboot,phone,pda. never CSC...

TOuchplayer in Korean ROM won't run, it got some cert issue... I got the cert file from Korean ROM. its OEM.cer file. How to install it in the i8000? I really got no idea how to install it beside cooking it.

User Rapid81 post this a few time ago, maybe he can help you:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...d-signing-tool/

This is the re-signed Touch Player. I unsigned it and re-signed it with SDKCerts mentioned above....

Is it in Korean or English???

How about? Improvements? is it AMAZINGLY FAST??? :-)

WovW

Guest CrescendoFire

It should be Korean.,.

About improvements, I can't tell. It got signing/cert problem in my device.... I tried to sign it using cert from JJ1 OEM folder and from SDKcerts mentioned above, but it won't run... Same problem I got with the Photo program from this Korean ROM.

Maybe someone could assist?

Guest nikkotsoi
It should be Korean.,.

About improvements, I can't tell. It got signing/cert problem in my device.... I tried to sign it using cert from JJ1 OEM folder and from SDKcerts mentioned above, but it won't run... Same problem I got with the Photo program from this Korean ROM.

Maybe someone could assist?

.... when i click on the .cer

something like certificate installed success

but it is still not working ..

is it really signing or cert problem ??

Guest eXPerience

I did some test with signing apps and unsining it (ok, sorry about my English)

and I think that the solution is to unsign the original app before modify it, once modified you can resign it with SDKcerts if you want, but I think that it is not necessary.

I can do more test the next week.

Guest nikkotsoi
I did some test with signing apps and unsining it (ok, sorry about my English)

and I think that the solution is to unsign the original app before modify it, once modified you can resign it with SDKcerts if you want, but I think that it is not necessary.

I can do more test the next week.

so can u use the new touchplayer?