Dell Streak 5 v2

Guest austreaker

Guest XsCode
Otherwise how would the Slacker G2 Dock work with the Streak? This is the only other implementation of PDMI that I can find.

http://www.streaksmart.com/2010/12/slacker...ell-streak.html

I don't see any PDMI certification on that either (admittedly it could be on the bottom of the dock, also it says

The G2 dock's headphone and line out ports don't work with the Streak at the moment, but charging and syncing with just about any old generic miniUSB charger/cable both work well.

works???? if that's the case, it seems cheap iPhone cables are also PDMI http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...3879&page=2 just because something charges the streak, it doesn't make it compatible.

Guest rebski
I don't see any PDMI certification on that either (admittedly it could be on the bottom of the dock

At this moment I am not that interested in PDMI certification logos, I am only interested in what way the Streak PDMI differs from the PDMI standard.

I have made a statement that the Streak uses PDMI standard which you correctly contradicted. However that contradiction requires clarification. Also you too have made statements which I am looking to verify.

You have declined to respond to my points but instead prefer to raise the iPhone as a red herring.

Guest austreaker

Lets drop the PDMI standard. These cables are going for $5 on ebay so buy a couple and you'll be fine.

I think Dell Opus One is the next Dell Streak 5 but so far, no official word on it as yet.

If Dell is smart they should jump on this unique tablet phone market in the 5"-6" before HTC, Samsung, Apple, LG etc makes a move on it.

We have notice now that Samsung and HTC are moving to the 4.5" screen market now but still way behind Dell Streak 5. Regardless of how good the hardware spec is, I cannot go back to a screen less than 5"

Edited by austreaker

Guest fards
We have notice now that Samsung and HTC are moving to the 4.5" screen market now but still way behind Dell Streak 5. Regardless of how good the hardware spec is, I cannot go back to a screen less than 5"

yup, the only people that complain about it are the ones that don't use it..

5" is damn perfect size, if it was possible to squeeze a 6" screen in to the same form factor then I'd be happy with it, but as it is I think its superb.

Guest Dave Weinstein
Ahh, a wish list for the Streak 5 V2, my second favourite topic.

A while ago I saw a brief tech news item that Sharp or someone had developed a 6" retina display screen. I am sorry but I can't find the link anywhere.

Honeycomb provides for the buttons to be activated on the screen so there is no need for a wasted oversize bezel area at each end.

So if Dell was to keep the bezel to a minimalist size all round then we could have a 6" device that corresponds pretty well to the overall dimensions of a 5" Streak.

No real argument from me but I would be inclined to hold out for a Tegra 3 which will start coming out around August time from what I read.

BTW Amazon has announced that they are considering a 6" tablet but what that is likely to be is up in the air at the moment

http://androidandme.com/2011/05/news/rumor...g-this-holiday/

Are you refering to the Hitachi 6.6" display (http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/06/hitachis-6-6-inch-ips-panel-with-amazing-302-ppi-headed-to-tabl/)

hitachi-6.6-inch-ips-panel-crop.jpg

Here's my list:

1. Kal-El processor
  2. 2GB of RAM
  3. support for microSDXC and microSDHC (accessable without removing the battery cover)
  4. drop the PDMI connector and "clone" Motorola's microHDMI/microUSB layout. hopefully motorola's accessories will work with it...
  5. at least a 2500+ mAh battery, hopefully with a 1.8A or 2.5A fast charging mode (Dell has fast charge mode for their laptops!)
  6. and of course a 300+ dpi screen. the one above would be great if they could reduce the bezel down to 2 or 3mm. if i could dream, it would have both capacitive and resistive touch (for stylus and finger input).
  7. a good front and rear camera that handles low light well.

I've already notified Santa Clause, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy of my specs, so hopefully one of the three will come through! Or maybe Michael Dell with take pity on us and give us our ultradevice!

-dw

Guest rebski

Thank goodness, I was beginning to think I was dreaming. :P

Here's my list:

Kal-El processor

2GB of RAM

support for microSDXC and microSDHC (accessable without removing the battery cover)

drop the PDMI connector and "clone" Motorola's microHDMI/microUSB layout. hopefully motorola's accessories will work with it...

at least a 2500+ mAh battery, hopefully with a 1.8A or 2.5A fast charging mode (Dell has fast charge mode for their laptops!)

and of course a 300+ dpi screen. the one above would be great if they could reduce the bezel down to 2 or 3mm. if i could dream, it would have both capacitive and resistive touch (for stylus and finger input).

a good front and rear camera that handles low light well.

If ever we get all of that then you won't convince that I am not still dreaming.

Guest Yequan

This paradoxical things have become very tired repudiation. In addition, the optimized code will be very good, a means of hardware drivers are so api'ed ROM developers can have an easy go of the changes....

Guest austreaker
Are you refering to the Hitachi 6.6" display (http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/06/hitachis-6-6-inch-ips-panel-with-amazing-302-ppi-headed-to-tabl/)

hitachi-6.6-inch-ips-panel-crop.jpg

Here's my list:

1. Kal-El processor
  2. 2GB of RAM
  3. support for microSDXC and microSDHC (accessable without removing the battery cover)
  4. drop the PDMI connector and "clone" Motorola's microHDMI/microUSB layout. hopefully motorola's accessories will work with it...
  5. at least a 2500+ mAh battery, hopefully with a 1.8A or 2.5A fast charging mode (Dell has fast charge mode for their laptops!)
  6. and of course a 300+ dpi screen. the one above would be great if they could reduce the bezel down to 2 or 3mm. if i could dream, it would have both capacitive and resistive touch (for stylus and finger input).
  7. a good front and rear camera that handles low light well.
I've already notified Santa Clause, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy of my specs, so hopefully one of the three will come through! Or maybe Michael Dell with take pity on us and give us our ultradevice!

-dw

willing to paid over $aud 1000, any manufactufers listening?

Guest alert_bri

Interesting, so the latest leak confirms Opus One for Q1 2012 release... If dj stephen will stick with the Dell Streak, I can wait :D

Cheers

Brian

• 6 months later...
Guest Dude_Virus

A discussion on the next Dell Streak 5 for Dell to consider.

Currently there are no other phones that matches the Dell Streak 5 screen estate and we are all bless with this unique phone. In my opinion it is better than the new Samsung Galaxy S 2.

The current Dell Streak 5 offers almost laptop like web browsing and handles all my emails and meeting with ease. However, here are the improvements needed

-keep the screen estate at 5"-5.6" while maintaining the same current dimension of the Dell Streak 5, but make the screen resolution at 1024*600. This is because I don't zoom in and would read straight away when surfing website. However, I have to turn on the font to Large and this makes the website display text awkwardly

-dual core as when surfing, it tends to be a couple of seconds longer than on a laptop

-battery capacity to >2000mah. I am currently using the Mugen 4800 mah but is naked as there are no cases to protect.

Amoled screen, 8mp camera etc are just bonuses for me.

What are your needs for imporovement?

Hey bro since you using Mugen 4800 mah is you battery being reported properly... I am using the same Mugen 4800 and it gives me a great backup of almost 49 - 50 hours on my usage however the streak doesnt show the proper charge as most of the time the phone runs even when the meter shows 1% . If you have found any fix for it do let me know.