Slow slow scrolling

Guest MikeWalsh

Guest fox2000
just install flb launcher first if they are not launcher2.apk both and then hit home!tick the box as default and then with rootmanager.apk(install it first) you can delete from system the SS launcher.it should work if launchers are not both lancher2.apk and then reboot and done!

EDIT: why u dont install flb rom?

well, the problem is that in both SS and FLB, launcher file is Launcher2.apk, with the same name :rolleyes:

I decided to switch from FLB to SS because of the support to ZTE Dialer. For me T9 dialling is absolutely mandatory and ZTE Dialer does its job just so brilliantly :P

Edited by fox2000

Guest unrandomsam
All nice and well, but GPU acceleration will not help with stuttery performance in general. GPU acceleration basically increases fill rate/speed (max fps). It will not influence set up times (min fps). For example, the UI is slow immediately after Android boot since many housekeeping data structures still need to be created/icons loaded/classes passed through the JIT compiler. Clearly these issues do not get addressed by using hardware acceleration for drawing - which is only the last part in a chain of actions that determines performance.

Personally I doubt there's much difference between ROMs (2.2 and 2.3, that is) concerning UI smoothness if you compare them on fair grounds (i.e., use the same launcher). People often think CyanogenMod is slow but in fact it's only its ADW launcher that's pretty slow. In games, Cyanogen is typically quite a bit faster than other ROMs since Android 2.3 comes with improved Dalvik. Concerning raw graphics power there'll be almost no differences between 2.2 and 2.3 ROMs since the same basic hardware support libraries are used.

1) Thats why a released rom should be odex'ed

2) using an armv6 vfp dalvik / bionic makes quite a difference to SS (There is an nvidia patch that impliments it somewhere).

Guest fox2000
SS5 is very nice with launcher2 from flb

It runs great

I uploaded it a few days ago

give it a try if you like flb

Swedish Spring Mod

is there a way to replace only the launcher, without bothering in reflashing the whole rom?

many thanks!