Fed up with vega and losing patience after many weeks

Guest sodium1

Guest sodium1

My Vega is really pissing me off...What the heck is the problem with the SD card ? I am constantly having the message saying that the SD card is damaged and it needs reformatting. I get this problem with the original stock 4gb card and also with my 16gb card. Now yesterday my vega went tits up and it would not even start, i ended up reinstalling 1.09 and then updated again to my baked custom rom, which worked ok today until i selected the USB mode to reboot in USB host mode. Then after it rebooted i got the dreaded message that the SD card is damaged ! Now this Sd card was squeaky clean and had only been reformatted last night and was working ok for about 1 hour until it packed up again...wtf is going on here, i am ready chuck it through the window...i am frightened to put anything on the SD cards i have because i know i am running the risk of losing that data ( and it will happen ). Can anyone offer some help on this one ?? All i want is a tablet to use in my van at work with maybe a couple of films on it etc. Is that too much to ask ?

Guest CrArC

That shouldn't be happening and I've never heard of it before. Have you checked the card is seated tighly in the socket? It's not too loose, is it?

Guest Panayioti
My Vega is really pissing me off...What the heck is the problem with the SD card ? I am constantly having the message saying that the SD card is damaged and it needs reformatting. I get this problem with the original stock 4gb card and also with my 16gb card. Now yesterday my vega went tits up and it would not even start, i ended up reinstalling 1.09 and then updated again to my baked custom rom, which worked ok today until i selected the USB mode to reboot in USB host mode. Then after it rebooted i got the dreaded message that the SD card is damaged ! Now this Sd card was squeaky clean and had only been reformatted last night and was working ok for about 1 hour until it packed up again...wtf is going on here, i am ready chuck it through the window...i am frightened to put anything on the SD cards i have because i know i am running the risk of losing that data ( and it will happen ). Can anyone offer some help on this one ?? All i want is a tablet to use in my van at work with maybe a couple of films on it etc. Is that too much to ask ?

Reformat using pc, i read on here that formating from vega doesnt work also instead of using your baked rom use Corvus5 because its so much stable and faster.

Edited by Panayioti

Guest sodium1
That shouldn't be happening and I've never heard of it before. Have you checked the card is seated tighly in the socket? It's not too loose, is it?

Yes mate....i have inserted and removed these 2 cards many times now ( probably about 20 times each ) The socket does seem fine.

Guest sodium1
Reformat using pc, i read on here that formating from vega doesnt work also instead of using your baked rom use Corvus5 because its so much stable and faster.

I have reformatted the SD cards many times with 2 different pieces of software that are designed for formatting SD cards...Also are you saying i should use Corvus5 just because you use it ? or is it actually better ? Thanks

p.s When the vega says the card needs formatting, it will not format it for me..i have to use a pc

Edited by sodium1

Guest Panayioti
I have reformatted the SD cards many times with 2 different pieces of software that are designed for formatting SD cards...Also are you saying i should use Corvus5 just because you use it ? or is it actually better ? Thanks

p.s When the vega says the card needs formatting, it will not format it for me..i have to use a pc

I dont use Corvus5 now (i use the honeycomb rom) but i used it and its much faster than other roms i have used.

Guest Panayioti

I dont use Corvus5 now (i use the honeycomb rom) but i used it and its much faster than other roms i have used.

Guest premieral

i found formatting with cwm was the simplest way and my vega has never given me any problems with the sd card since, before with the pc formatted card link2sd could never see my partitions etc, might be worth a try if you havent already mate

Guest sodium1

Thanks for the advice....what is CWM ? Its certainly worth a try, i shall give Corvus5 another go, does it support connection to Ad Hoc network ? I tried it one night, but the home tab seemed very unresponsive to me, so i reverted back to the kitchen rom i baked. Cheers

Guest simonta
Yes mate....i have inserted and removed these 2 cards many times now ( probably about 20 times each ) The socket does seem fine.

You're unmounting before removal from your Vega and ejecting on your PC after files txfers etc?

Guest sodium1
You're unmounting before removal from your Vega and ejecting on your PC after files txfers etc?

I was not at first, but then i started to do it properly...i just did not know. I have realised that CWM stands for clockworkmod, and i have just formatted the 16gb SD without any problems. I will give Corvus5 a go tonight and see how it holds out tomorrow..Thanks everyone for the words of wisdom.

Guest premieral
Thanks for the advice....what is CWM ? Its certainly worth a try, i shall give Corvus5 another go, does it support connection to Ad Hoc network ? I tried it one night, but the home tab seemed very unresponsive to me, so i reverted back to the kitchen rom i baked. Cheers

Sorry cwm is clockwork mod recovery, if you dont have it iñstall it with vegatools by solidare its on this forum and is incredibly useful, good luck

Guest sodium1

Good evening again ladies and gentlemen, i have been through the mill again today with my vega...It decided to go into a boot loop after i tried to play a avi file from a sandisc 4gb USB flash pen..lol

I am starting to think that it may be the speed of the SD card thats the problem, the 16gb SD card i have is only class 2 ( 2MB/Sec ) and the provided SD card is class 4 ( 4MB/sec )

I have been advised to get a class 10 ( 10MB/Sec ) SD card and it will solve the problem, what does you lot think ??

Guest Minimonkey

But didn't you get the same problems with the original 4gb sd? You tried formatting the original one? Maybe worth starting your vega from scratch: www.myadventvega.co.uk

Edited by Minimonkey

Guest piran

If you are having all this trouble with the original card too then perhaps - reflash to standard if the problem persists then take it back and get a replacement, this isn't a problem other people are having so perhaps it is a fault with your vega?