Little O2 Story - Awesome Service

Guest ripersnifle

Guest ripersnifle

So it's a pretty short story I guess but I wanted to share it with the Awesome community!

I recently moved to Blackpool, UK ready to start my Uni Course in Sept. A bunch of stuff was thrown into my partners and my room. I think something was either thrown on top of my streak or in the attempt to sort out boxes of stuff someone stood on it, all I know is that when I picked it up, the screen had cracked. Just the Glass (is it gorilla glass in the streak?), the touchscreen worked but It looked dreadful and I nearly cut myself a few times trying to use it. Not to mention on the way to the O2 store (using it for satnav being unfamiliar with blackpool), a small amount of rain got in the glass and messed up the capacitive screen (happens even if it gets on the glass but can be wiped off).

So got it to the O2 store, happily handed it in, asked for a quote, as I could probably get a screen off ebay or someone on here for around £80-100 so much more than that and I'd repair it myself. It got sent off (I kept the back cover, Battery and MicroSD obviously). Had a little worry because it had a custom ROM on, but not had issues with other Custom ROMs on phones

Had no real word besides a text to my partners phone saying it was being repaired (Without giving me a quote), Got a phonecall this morning, telling me a replacement unit was in the store. Went in (5 minutes before closing mind you!), they got my phone out the back, brand new in an O2 replacement box, 2.2 Stock on, new battery cover (my dell logo fell off), new battery and of course brand new screen! This was all within 6 days as well. I have also been told they're keeping a Streak case for me at £7.50 for when I get paid on the 23rd.

So now I have to root the goddamn thing again, but no worry !

Guest Azurren
So it's a pretty short story I guess but I wanted to share it with the Awesome community!

I recently moved to Blackpool, UK ready to start my Uni Course in Sept. A bunch of stuff was thrown into my partners and my room. I think something was either thrown on top of my streak or in the attempt to sort out boxes of stuff someone stood on it, all I know is that when I picked it up, the screen had cracked. Just the Glass (is it gorilla glass in the streak?), the touchscreen worked but It looked dreadful and I nearly cut myself a few times trying to use it. Not to mention on the way to the O2 store (using it for satnav being unfamiliar with blackpool), a small amount of rain got in the glass and messed up the capacitive screen (happens even if it gets on the glass but can be wiped off).

So got it to the O2 store, happily handed it in, asked for a quote, as I could probably get a screen off ebay or someone on here for around £80-100 so much more than that and I'd repair it myself. It got sent off (I kept the back cover, Battery and MicroSD obviously). Had a little worry because it had a custom ROM on, but not had issues with other Custom ROMs on phones

Had no real word besides a text to my partners phone saying it was being repaired (Without giving me a quote), Got a phonecall this morning, telling me a replacement unit was in the store. Went in (5 minutes before closing mind you!), they got my phone out the back, brand new in an O2 replacement box, 2.2 Stock on, new battery cover (my dell logo fell off), new battery and of course brand new screen! This was all within 6 days as well. I have also been told they're keeping a Streak case for me at £7.50 for when I get paid on the 23rd.

So now I have to root the goddamn thing again, but no worry !

Wow you got lucky there! :rolleyes:

Strange that you broke the gorilla glass whereas most other people actually manage break the LCD (Leaving the glass in perfect condition <_<)

I wouldn't attempt fixing the streak myself

Stock 2.2? Just download the "Gingerbreak" apk and one-touch root it :P

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1044765

Also having lived in Blackpool for 3 sorry years I really don't envy you. I wouldn't flash my streak about either ("Blackpool is like the holding pen for the Jeremy Kyle show")

I attended blackpool and the fylde college..

Guest m4tt24

Managed to smash my glass to bits by dropping something on my streak, its currently held together by a screen cover and working fine, just got to get round to fixing it.

Guest XsCode
("Blackpool is like the holding pen for the Jeremy Kyle show")

I attended blackpool and the fylde college..

I work there, so I know what you mean...

I wonder if there's enough ppl round here for a NW meetup? :P

Guest ripersnifle
I work there, so I know what you mean...

I wonder if there's enough ppl round here for a NW meetup? :P

Ill be going to blackpool and the fylde college in sept (if all goes well). Hoping to eventually get a good comp sci degree (aiming high)

Just found the gingerbread rom cant wait.

Got the official streak case from the same o2 store for £7.50 and the kind gal there even put the screen protector on for me

Im game for a NW meetup I was born round bolton/manc I dunno bout organising something tho. Be cool to see other streak owners