[APP] Button Backlight Alert

Guest lilHermit

Guest lilHermit

Update: Not been able to complete the work for the beta this weekend, family commitments :P

Should have something up by end of play tomorrow/early Tuesday

Guest Kouwezakkie

Very late, but interested in testing your beta as well. Device is rock stable, minimal battery drain as is (somehow), Fr 16b4 (most stable one to date, It guess)..

Guest Wouter2020
Update: Not been able to complete the work for the beta this weekend, family commitments :P

Should have something up by end of play tomorrow/early Tuesday

Hi lilHermit, I really love your Trackball alert pro app on my Nexus One and was exited to hear of your plans to enable button back-light alerts. Currently I own a SGSII and it rocks, but I mis led notifications. Strangely the epic Nexus One full color led implementation is abandoned by all manufacturers. Noled is nice but activating the screen for notifications just doesn't make sense.

Would your work be portable to the SGSII? I would be very happy to test and support any efforts.

Guest lilHermit
Would your work be portable to the SGSII? I would be very happy to test and support any efforts.

That is the plan however a kernel modification maybe required, I've not done much investigation into the SGS2 (although I do have one)

Guest davey4444

Initial impressions are good, like the ability to have custom notifications for different apps. So far has picked up each notification although I can't comment on any battery hit (if there is any).

Guest gaeng4665

hi, i bought your app for the n1 and it was great.... can we expect this app for cm7 for the o2x once it hits the market?? would be great...

Guest gaeng4665
Hi lilHermit, I really love your Trackball alert pro app on my Nexus One and was exited to hear of your plans to enable button back-light alerts. Currently I own a SGSII and it rocks, but I mis led notifications. Strangely the epic Nexus One full color led implementation is abandoned by all manufacturers. Noled is nice but activating the screen for notifications just doesn't make sense.

you could check out bln in the market, it was great for my nexus s....

Guest lilHermit
hi, i bought your app for the n1 and it was great.... can we expect this app for cm7 for the o2x once it hits the market?? would be great...

I would love to support cm7 however the release schedule means I would be constantly creating frameworks :D I'm looking for someone who is willing to maintain the framework for CM7.

~

Guest lilHermit
Initial impressions are good, like the ability to have custom notifications for different apps. So far has picked up each notification although I can't comment on any battery hit (if there is any).

That's good to hear, there should be no battery impact with beta1 has "Steady" and "Flash (Single)" do not initiate a background thread. (the only drain will be the actual light which will be very minimal)

Guest ritdaw

My only slight annoyance and I do only mean slight, I've got my button brightness level set to about 2 with Paul's app but when I wake up the phone after a notification it goes back to full brightness. Its no big deal but I thought it was worth mentioning. I guess the same would happen with any brightness modification app?

Edited by ritdaw

Guest lilHermit
My only slight annoyance and I do only mean slight, I've got my button brightness level set to about 2 with Paul's app but when I wake up the phone after a notification it goes back to full brightness. Its no big deal but I thought it was worth mentioning. I guess the same would happen with any brightness modification app?

I have that on my list to fix, will probably have a restore brightness setting :D

Will put out beta2 before putting on market.

Guest DarthD

app runs for a day now. looks very good only thing i set it to pulse by default but i havent seen any pulse yet, all the time i get a steady lightup

doesnt seem to drain battery sofar

i love it just realized it was running trail mode so i registered mayby pulse will work now

Guest lilHermit
app runs for a day now. looks very good only thing i set it to pulse by default but i havent seen any pulse yet, all the time i get a steady lightup

doesnt seem to drain battery sofar

i love it just realized it was running trail mode so i registered mayby pulse will work now

Pulse and Constant flash are not in beta1 I've not finished coding them.

Guest Jay_Snake

App is running for 1,5 day now and it's working great. The buttons light up perfectly after a missed call or sms and the battery usage is slim to nothing.

The problem with Pauls brigtness app is already mentioned, so I don't have to repeat that one. Just can't figure out how to register. When i enter the order number and my real name or my email (aswell with a hotmail or gmail account) it gives me an error. Is that normal, lilHermet?

Guest ritdaw
I have that on my list to fix, will probably have a restore brightness setting :D

Will put out beta2 before putting on market.

Excellent! Thanks for all your hard work on the app.

Guest lilHermit
App is running for 1,5 day now and it's working great. The buttons light up perfectly after a missed call or sms and the battery usage is slim to nothing.

The problem with Pauls brigtness app is already mentioned, so I don't have to repeat that one. Just can't figure out how to register. When i enter the order number and my real name or my email (aswell with a hotmail or gmail account) it gives me an error. Is that normal, lilHermet?

what error does it give you? You only need the order number and your email, it doesn't require you to enter your real name.

EDIT: I've looked at the debug information coming through to the license server, double check your order number.

~

Edited by lilHermit

Guest jon.m.knight

Without seeing your work for the n1 I'm just wondering how customisable this app can actually be...

1) How does it know which apps have the ability to send notifications? Is this list currently hard-coded? is there scope to add custom apps, such as plume, or even a "soccerscores" type app for games I'm mointoring / watching?

2) Again, from a customisation perspective.. what's the likihood on supporting different button lights for different notifications? - For example, if I had a missed call I could have the menu, home & back buttons lit up... for a text message I could have the home button and search button lit up? Obviously the complexity comes when there's mulitple notifications...

Appologies if the above suggestions / queries sound ungreatful - what you've done to date is fantastic and imho is a feature LG should have incorporated with their stock ROM.

Good work :-)

Will definately be sending some beer money your way

Edited by jon.m.knight

Guest lilHermit
3) also a 'breathing' type as per this:
really would be the icing on the cake! :-)

That's what I mean by "Pulse", where it comes on slowly and fades out slowly, coding that now.

Guest Jay_Snake
what error does it give you? You only need the order number and your email, it doesn't require you to enter your real name.

EDIT: I've looked at the debug information coming through to the license server, double check your order number.

~

My bad, it's working now. Had a number wrong from the order number. Stupid me.

I really like the 2nd suggestion from jon.m.knight. That would rock!