Some help with my bricked? LG

Guest MeX_DK

Guest MeX_DK

I tried flashing the new radio and the flashing went smooth. But on reboot the phone just kept sticking on the LG screen and nothing happened. So I had to restore to NV flash and then it booted up just fine..... BUT BUT BUT. Restoring my NANDroid backup restores the prior situation and it does not recover :P.

Any and all help is much appreciated considered I was under the impression that a NANDroid was the beans when it came to backups.... but guess not :/

Guest Qwertymon
I tried flashing the new radio and the flashing went smooth. But on reboot the phone just kept sticking on the LG screen and nothing happened. So I had to restore to NV flash and then it booted up just fine..... BUT BUT BUT. Restoring my NANDroid backup restores the prior situation and it does not recover :P.

Any and all help is much appreciated considered I was under the impression that a NANDroid was the beans when it came to backups.... but guess not :/

just reflash the 405 baseband first, nvflash just stock recovers it, and doesnt touch the baseband

Guest MeX_DK
just reflash the 405 baseband first, nvflash just stock recovers it, and doesnt touch the baseband

I will jus try that. I am just wondering why it boots up perfectly when its nvflashed, but wont work with my backups.

Guest MeX_DK

Reflashed the old baseband, tried restored from my backup and it still froze.

Now trying NV flash and then seeing if I can restore my backup. If I cant then I will try NVFlash, Installing CWR + root and then try again. And i seriously hope it works or I am in trouble :P

Guest Rusty!

Non-restoring backups seems to be a feature of the O2X, CM7 restores fail everytime. I read somewhere that it is down to the boot image.

What you have to do is restore, then reflash your ROM.

Guest MeX_DK

Well if i restore and then reflash nvflash wont that mean that my device is clean and thus all that I just restored is lost. Or is there something I am getting all wrong?

But this is first time I have had an actual backup fail on me, all the other times restoring has gone fine..... but that was with 3.0.1.4 from Paul and not 3.0.2.8 from that other guy

Guest MeX_DK
Well if i restore and then reflash nvflash wont that mean that my device is clean and thus all that I just restored is lost. Or is there something I am getting all wrong?

But this is first time I have had an actual backup fail on me, all the other times restoring has gone fine..... but that was with 3.0.1.4 from Paul and not 3.0.2.8 from that other guy

Got it all working now. Was able to restore apps from titanium and do a partial restore. However one of my apps has no data in it :P. Any good trick on how to restore app data from one particular app and getting it back on the phone?

Guest BrumBrum74

MeX_DK: Did you try full wipe, nandroid restore and flash rom zip with same version as what your backup have? Then try to boot.

Guest MeX_DK
MeX_DK: Did you try full wipe, nandroid restore and flash rom zip with same version as what your backup have? Then try to boot.

Wouldnt flashing the NVFlash rom, simply undo what it was that I had just restored by running Nandroid?.

BUt no I did not do that, I tried flashing the 405 Baseband, then nvflash and then restoring with NANdroid, but it still bootlocked.