saw this on engadget

Guest rebeldx

Guest bojjob

Not the 'real' HoneyComb. Its a mod just like that of the VegaComb. Therefore may not be same on the legit version.... Get someone to test a real Honey tablet. . .

Guest SeiferTV
Not the 'real' HoneyComb. Its a mod just like that of the VegaComb. Therefore may not be same on the legit version.... Get someone to test a real Honey tablet. . .

I think you're confusing things. Sounds like you're implying that vegacomb is actually a "themed" version of gingerbread.

Guest mintvilla
I think you're confusing things. Sounds like you're implying that vegacomb is actually a "themed" version of gingerbread.

Yes hes defo confused there.

This is just part of whats expected of android's next release, named ice cream sandwich.

Ice cream sandwich will be one operating system that will look a certain way on a tablet (think honeycomb) but look and act totally different on a phone (think gingerbread) this way it will be the same operating system, which helps with fragmentation issues of apps etc, and it will work as phones have a screen density of between 200 -300 while tablets have between 150-200. so this is how the operating system will know what device its on by what the screen density it is.

The reason why it looks like gingerbread is because the phone part of the operating system is not finished (hence why gingerbread is the latest phone release) they want to bring the advancements of honeycomb (like the cool new widgets) to the phone part as well, so obvs there still building ice cream sandwich, this is probally were there at currently, where they have one operating system that looks one way on a tablet, but looks differently on a phone, now they havnt finished the upgrades for the phone part yet hence why it still only looks like gingerbread.

Hope that makes sense and clears some things up.

Guest add.thebad

It does chaange to a ginerbread layout but yhe status bar is white. Just reminded me how much better hineycomb is

Like mintvilla says it so they can have one os for phines and tablets and as andy rubin says they took a shortcut to get it out on time which i buess it tbe phne bit which we will have ti wait to see in ice cream sandwich

Guest HypoTurtle

have tried this on vegacomb and fairly sure that all it does is make the icons bigger which causes some core functions i.e. home screen and app drawer to revert to a less graphical method.