Because there's nowhere else.

Guest saprolith

Guest saprolith

I picked the Vega up at Manchester Airport last month for £166 on a whim and am seriously impressed with the bang per buck it provides there's nowhere but here to speak to fellow users and I'm not sure I'd gain any benefits by modding unless you can tell me different.

I've got a paid ADW Launcher EX to improve the interface, all the non Google markets plus Dropbox for apks, a torrent client, Rockplayer, excellent BBC Iplayer playback, N64Droid and N64 games, both the Mortplayers, Google Maps, Tegra Pinball and Tegra Friut Ninja, all the Angry Birds, Cordy, all the browsers although nothing is yet faster than stock, most of the ebook readers and Gmail with a 16gb micro sd card fitted.

On the move it connects using my Desires hotspot facility and other than locking up with four torrents running one evening it has performed faultlessly.

I don't think I'd get any gains by modding but I'll loiter on the forum until a solid official Gingerbread is released, or there is a stable fully working Gingerbread mod.

Would I get any benefits from a new rom before a good Gingerbread ?

Guest tony barnes

I think you're more likely to get a solid Honeycomb release than gingerbread, no-one is doing one to my knowledge?

Pauls rom, or the Corvus5 roms both worth checking out - I've only used Pauls and its great, though the corvus does add more, just haven't got round to using it, and now waiting for the HC to reach a higher Beta, lol!

Guest saprolith
I think you're more likely to get a solid Honeycomb release than gingerbread, no-one is doing one to my knowledge?

Pauls rom, or the Corvus5 roms both worth checking out - I've only used Pauls and its great, though the corvus does add more, just haven't got round to using it, and now waiting for the HC to reach a higher Beta, lol!

Yes I'm wrong, Friday afternoonitis, Honeycomb is the tablet release, the Bakewell Tart version would be nice :P

I meant Honeycomb.

Guest bojjob

Used most of the Roms on this forum and on XDA and tbh found the most stable is pauls R8, at first i didnt think i needed any mods but after you try them you begin to like things such as the small bar at the top so much you cant deal with the stock one :/

Also used Corvus5 and although most say its great for me there were some bugs with markets etc that just took effort to sort out, also am waiting on a decent honeycomb release, the current 1.4 is pretty stable but flash etc still wont work, so a no-go for me :P

All in all id say backup what you have now and try the R8, if you really dont like it you can just go straight back :rolleyes:

Oooh one more thing, its apparentely faster, but i didnt really tell much difference on mine