[ROM][GingerBread]CM7 working on Gen2 ZTE Light/V9 [2011-08-15]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest addy321

Hello KK, i just flashed to 0715 from 0708 and my screen is stuck in landscape mode, it will not flip over to portrait. Wondering if this is a potential bug or if it was meant to be like this.

EDIT: Happens on 0711 with me as well, screen doesn't auto rotate? I went back to 0708 and it works perfectly fine :)

Edited by addy321

Guest kallt_kaffe

Hello KK, i just flashed to 0715 from 0708 and my screen is stuck in landscape mode, it will not flip over to portrait. Wondering if this is a potential bug or if it was meant to be like this.

EDIT: Happens on 0711 with me as well, screen doesn't auto rotate? I went back to 0708 and it works perfectly fine :)

Short answer: Flash the latest AHB addon.

Long answer: Always use the latest AHB addon to the latest CM7 because especially in the latest releases much of the new changes are tweaks in the kernel. In this specific case some code in CM7 that worked around a problem with the ZTE kernels has been removed and the kernel had to be fixed to reflect this but using an old AHB overclocking addon downgrades the kernel to a version without the fix.

Guest scorp1485

Hi,

I tried upgrading my ZTE V9 tablet to CM7 yesterday but by mistake rebooted it just after installing CM7 (i.e. without wipe). After flashing it was showing CM7 Splash but going into loop. After that, I have tried installing official Optus 2.2 on this tab. I am able to install that but everytime during FLASH, it get struck on OPTUS splash screen:(

Could someone please tell me a easy way to fix this? I do have the backup for my previous installation also ( taken using Clockwork Mod). If there is any way to reboot it in clockwork mod, I can directly install CM7 this time and do the wipe also. Please help....

Thanks in advance.

Guest forforum

I don't think that method works on the V9. Use the AHB overclocking addon and replace the zImage in the kernel-gen2 folder and flash it instead. Make sure you are using Clockwork v4.0.0.8 so that you can boot into recovery with volume-down (in case it does not boot).

Took the plunge and flashed with the newly compiled usb host mode enabled kernel. V9 boots, but, external usb or keyboard still wouldn't work. No power went to the devices. Dmesg showed nothing. If I use a power hub, the V9 reboots after a little while. Will try some more tweaks later on.

Guest borepig

[WIFI disconnection after screen unlock]

I did some research and found out it was a bug for both ZTE blade and ZTE v9. There is a blade fix app on market that fixes it, but I thought CM7 should not have this problem?

Guest Tear of Pearls

Yeah used to use the blade wifi fix app. But that doesn't seem to work with the last few iterations of CM7.

Hi,

You may try 'Advanced Wifi Lock Free' from the market. Have been using it after Blade Wifi fix failed. Seems working fine

Guest Tear of Pearls

Hi,

I tried upgrading my ZTE V9 tablet to CM7 yesterday but by mistake rebooted it just after installing CM7 (i.e. without wipe). After flashing it was showing CM7 Splash but going into loop. After that, I have tried installing official Optus 2.2 on this tab. I am able to install that but everytime during FLASH, it get struck on OPTUS splash screen:(

Could someone please tell me a easy way to fix this? I do have the backup for my previous installation also ( taken using Clockwork Mod). If there is any way to reboot it in clockwork mod, I can directly install CM7 this time and do the wipe also. Please help....

Thanks in advance.

Same problem happened to me also. Go to the address " follow instructions from the Post #9 of Sebastian404. That method worked for me.

Hope this helps.

Guest alivet

Hi, I'm having some problems rooting and flashing a new v9 (australian market)

It's one of the recent ones, so already a Gen2 android 2.2 model.

I'm trying to follow the guides to applying CM7, but have got stuck at the first hurdle.

I've downloaded z4 root, but it remains on the blue z4 screen trying to run continuously– I've tried a few times now, even leaving it for ~30mins, reloading z4 etc, but it doesn't get to the point of rebooting etc.

I'm sure I must be doing something stupid. Any suggestions?

Guest alivet

Use the blade perm root found in this forum

Thanks - worked fine in the end, but only once I'd dowloaded directly to the Tab, rather than via my computer. Similar with Oneclick recovery file.

Also had a problem that once everything was installed, as per recommendations on the front page, it kept returning to the recovery text. I ended up needing to reflash the CM7 ROM. seems to be working fine now.

Thanks to all who give advice on these forums - much appreciated by those of us in need of help!

Guest jimmyjack72

The ROM works nicely on my Aussie Optus My Tab.

I have just one problem, I can't get WIFI to work at all.

Luckily I have a good sim only data plan, but I'd like to use WIFI at home. I've tried the options mentioned in this thread, but they mainly refer to WIFI not coming back after unlocking or sleeping. My issue is that I can't even get it to turn on.

Does anyone have asuggestion?

Thanks

Guest c07101

ok, so i applied the AHB overclocking. unfortunately, i did a swipe afterwards and now rebooting wont go past the android boot logo.

any suggestions?

i can't seen to hard re-set.

Guest medina72

Wanting to flash my Optus V9 to CM7 but have a question.

Android up to 2.2 doesnt support scrolling of webpages in IFrames. Just wondering has CM7, or any 2.3x android fixed this?

Actually important to me so any advice regarding browsers or add-ons etc... that would allow this would be really appreciated.

Thanks, check back tomorrow. Lloyd

Guest medina72

Hi newbie questions I couldn't find answers to anywhere.

- Can the ZTE V9 work with Android 3.x. Have people installed it, and how is performance and functionality like Wifi, camera etc...

- Has a Linux flavor been brought out for the V9 Tablet. Is this even possible? Will there likely be any alternative OS for this little computer?

Love answers to these questions if anybody knows.

Lloyd

Guest samarium

- Can the ZTE V9 work with Android 3.x. Have people installed it, and how is performance and functionality like Wifi, camera etc...

- Has a Linux flavor been brought out for the V9 Tablet. Is this even possible? Will there likely be any alternative OS for this little computer?

Once Google release android 3.x source code then people could consider porting it.

Android is a linux flavor.

Guest New Liquid Metal

Hi,

Newbie here, been using the V9 for a couple of months now and mine comes default with Froyo 2.2(Generic version). I have been reading all 19 pages of threads(as of now) and is very excited that the V9 can be pushed to 2.3, thanks to KK and Sebastian!

My question is :

1) do I need to upgrade from my current 2.2 to CM7 gradually(meaning thru all the ver. of CM7) or can I just jump from 2.2 to the latest version of CM7 now(20110717)?

2) Which rooting apps do you favor more : z4root or Androot?

Thanks, any other heads up before taking the "plunge"?

Guest STFUMF

ok i followed all the step wipe caches, data and fix permissions but i can't install google apps on it (gapps-gb-20110613-signed.)..... it says installed successfully in recovery but does not appear in app list.

Guest QuirkyKiwi

Hi,

Newbie here, been using the V9 for a couple of months now and mine comes default with Froyo 2.2(Generic version). I have been reading all 19 pages of threads(as of now) and is very excited that the V9 can be pushed to 2.3, thanks to KK and Sebastian!

My question is :

1) do I need to upgrade from my current 2.2 to CM7 gradually(meaning thru all the ver. of CM7) or can I just jump from 2.2 to the latest version of CM7 now(20110717)?

2) Which rooting apps do you favor more : z4root or Androot?

Thanks, any other heads up before taking the "plunge"?

Personally I use the Flash method found here

http://android.modaco.com/topic/342556-repartition-nand-for-optimal-cm7-setup-2011-07-11/

that is an all in one method to repartition the tablets NAND memory, install CM7 and the correct Google Apps.

Don't forget that in order to restart the tablet sometimes you need to restart it with the Vol+ held down the first time after flashing it.

once I have the tablet up and running with CM7 with the better memory layout then I go back and update it to the latest stable version of CM7 as per the first post in this thread using Clockwork Recovery

I have now used this method for 8 Optus Mytab tablets.

Guest kiting

http://android.modac...tup-2011-07-11/

that is an all in one method to repartition the tablets NAND memory, install CM7 and the correct Google Apps.

Don't forget that in order to restart the tablet sometimes you need to restart it with the Vol+ held down the first time after flashing it.

once I have the tablet up and running with CM7 with the better memory layout then I go back and update it to the latest stable version of CM7 as per the first post in this thread using Clockwork Recovery

hi QuirkyKiwi...

do you have a problem download app from the market after use that rom? i can't download app bigger than 4 MB form the market.

Guest Gaz14

hi QuirkyKiwi...

do you have a problem download app from the market after use that rom? i can't download app bigger than 4 MB form the market.

I had that problem once, do a complete wipe and reflash the latest update + goggles apps

Sent from CM7 V9 using Tapatalk

Guest New Liquid Metal

http://android.modaco.com/topic/342556-repartition-nand-for-optimal-cm7-setup-2011-07-11/

Thanks for the headsup, does this mean I do not have to root the device first before proceeding or do I still need to root it first before proceeding?

Thanks again.