vegacomb 1.4 question

Guest gazmon2424

Guest gazmon2424

Hi,

I am using corvus 5 rom which works fine and really tempted to try the vegacomb 1.4 beta , can someone confirm to me that flash is not working with this beta yet?

is the wifi stable, and what about android market?

i mainly use the tablet for the web so this is putting me off at moment

thanks

gazmon

Guest simonta
Hi,

I am using corvus 5 rom which works fine and really tempted to try the vegacomb 1.4 beta , can someone confirm to me that flash is not working with this beta yet?

thanks

gazmon

If this is putting you off, you are better sticking with corvus5 and waiting. It's not meant for day use yet although it's close.

Guest premieral
Hi,

thanks

gazmon

While simon is right you shouldnt use vegacomb unless you are prepared to put up with some hassle it is now stable enough for daily use if like me you just surf and tinker :P however flash doesnt play and hardware acceleration isnt their yet so not good for movies really. But if you want to glimpse the future give it a go it has some very nifty features

Oh and yes market is fine and wifi too

Edited by premieral

Guest bojjob
Hi,

thanks

gazmon

SIMPLE ANSWER::

Flash = DOESNT WORK

Movie Playback etc (gallery) = DOESNT WORK

WiFi = YES WORKS

Web Browser = YES but due to Flash etc not working, it is not fully working...

Guest matty h
SIMPLE ANSWER::

Flash = DOESNT WORK

Movie Playback etc (gallery) = DOESNT WORK

WiFi = YES WORKS

Web Browser = YES but due to Flash etc not working, it is not fully working...

Im using Moboplayer which works fine on Vegacomb for playing videos. That just leaves Flash which i've decided I can live without for now

Guest beepo666

I don't miss flash, but then I'm rarely on YouTube and I'm used to not having flash due to no support on iPad. Won't be long until Flash is working though, I'm sure.

Games like Angry birds etc play well.

Marketplace is working fine for me.

Email works fine, both gmail and the other email app (plus the cool widgets)

I've noticed these don't work;

The Facebook app (can use web version though)

The Camera.

Bluetooth connects but you can't send or receive files.

It is very stable now though, and I'm not sure about the HW acceleration, I thought that was in?

Guest kampo
Hi,

thanks

gazmon

I sm using flash 10.3 sound work fine when you push on flash.you cant see it is just a white area and when start playing double tab on the white area and works fine in full screen

Cheers

Guest Nicky J
I've noticed these don't work;

The Facebook app (can use web version though)

The Camera.

Bluetooth connects but you can't send or receive files.

It is very stable now though, and I'm not sure about the HW acceleration, I thought that was in?

facebook app works fine on mine mate...

no hw acceleration yet - that's one of the main reasons why flash isnt working properly, i think

Edited by Nicky J

Guest gdwhitehouse

I have used VegaComb 1.4 but have now reverted to Corvus5 - VegaComb is a great piece of work, but it is not polished enough to use all the time in my opinion. For me the killers are a constant feeling of slight lag and I'm having trouble touch accuracy on a a few buttons. The new apps (like Gmail) are great, and the new Market looks great, although I find it very slow. Some o fthis might be due to my tablet seeming to have a CPU that really doesn't want to be overclocked - even at 1.2Ghz I get freezes.

As someone else said, take a quick Nandroid of what your have now and give it a blast, it does allow you to see the future for the tablet, then you can easily roll back to Corvus5.

Hope that helps

G