Q about CRT screen off animation porting

Guest Insaniac

Guest Insaniac

Hi there.

I'm running Swedish Spring RLS5 gen1, which is awesome. But as many others, I miss the CRT screen off animation from GB. I could switch back to CM7, but it's still too unstable for me (no FM radio, turns off during charging at night).

So.. If we take the framework.jar and framework.apk from CM7.0.3 stable.. Isn't it just to replace the ones in SSRLS5 with these ones, and then everything will be all paradise and working?

Thought I should ask here, rather than just trying it on my blade and brick it =)

Guest k0zmic
Hi there.

I'm running Swedish Spring RLS5 gen1, which is awesome. But as many others, I miss the CRT screen off animation from GB. I could switch back to CM7, but it's still too unstable for me (no FM radio, turns off during charging at night).

So.. If we take the framework.jar and framework.apk from CM7.0.3 stable.. Isn't it just to replace the ones in SSRLS5 with these ones, and then everything will be all paradise and working?

Thought I should ask here, rather than just trying it on my blade and brick it =)

You can try that and you won't brick it. It will probably just force close a lot or the UI won't load. Needless to say, Nandroid first.

I don't think porting the Animation is possible from what I've read on XDA and other forums.

Guest fonix232
You can try that and you won't brick it. It will probably just force close a lot or the UI won't load. Needless to say, Nandroid first.

I don't think porting the Animation is possible from what I've read on XDA and other forums.

Actually they did it a few days ago. Not totally (screen timeout anim has problems) but it's ported somewhat.

Guest k0zmic

That's awesome, I read it wasn't possible (or very hard) quite long ago. Hopefully it gets better, that animation is just cool.