Spotted new version of Advent Vega on the web?

Guest C_G

Just found this device while searching on the web:

http://www.pandawill.com/android-3-0-venus...-8gb-black.html

It looks exactly like the Advent Vega, but it does have 3.0 out of the box and it does have 1GB of RAM.

Would be a shame if this device would be released in Europe soon, as I just bought my tablet a couple of months ago :P

EDIT: Found a Video!

EDIT 2: Does it say VegaComb over here!?

naamlooscp.jpg

Edited by C_G

Guest trevor432990

Sure does look like a Vega with a silver frame and yes I'd say that it was VegaComb on the settings screen. The screen didn't look particularly responsive though did it?

It would be great to have 1GB memory but if we could only fix the kernel/ROM to put everything on the SD by default (other than for specific nonos like Widgets, etc) then I could live without the extra memory. Realise app2sd exists BTW but the location for installing apps should be switchable within the OS I believe (setinstallLocation didn't work for me).

Guest peter a
Sure does look like a Vega with a silver frame and yes I'd say that it was VegaComb on the settings screen. The screen didn't look particularly responsive though did it?

It would be great to have 1GB memory but if we could only fix the kernel/ROM to put everything on the SD by default (other than for specific nonos like Widgets, etc) then I could live without the extra memory. Realise app2sd exists BTW but the location for installing apps should be switchable within the OS I believe (setinstallLocation didn't work for me).

1 gb of ram and 4gb or more of inbuilt flash would be nice.

it does look vega like with all the bits in the right places.

I guess in the end it depends on the price when it comes out and if the screen is as bad as the standard vega.

Guest winnipeg

Currys have a new version of the folio case - not open ended - Incremental improvent with Advent stamped in the front.

Made me think they would continue with the product for a few months.

I had also been thinking maybe they will upgade ram and Android at some point to stay in their market / price slot under the big brands.

The Vegacomb port is very good. Very nice

Guest Panayioti

Omg in the specs IPS SCREEN WITH 180 degree angle and 8gb internal memory with a 1 gig ram if this is true i might get one. Also we can ask what screen they use so then we can put it on our vegas.

Guest Minimonkey

1GB (Dual 512MB, 512MB SLC + 512MB SD RAM)

?

Doesn't the Vega have rom and ram? :P so sounds like it's the same spec and not 1gb ram, think maybe led not ips

Edited by Minimonkey

Guest remlap

Books isn't disappearing wonder if the guys in China can help with VegaComb since they're clearly altered it.

Also Hi Tablet Developers in China :P

Edit to add - That case is awesome!

Edited by remlap

Guest premieral
Books isn't disappearing wonder if the guys in China can help with VegaComb since they're clearly altered it.

Also Hi Tablet Developers in China :rolleyes:

Edit to add - That case is awesome!

It looked exactly the same as vegacomb on my vega except mine runs smoother <_< and books is simple to fix just re install the apk from the sys files, looks more like piracy to me unless :P

Guest remlap
It looked exactly the same as vegacomb on my vega except mine runs smoother :P and books is simple to fix just re install the apk from the sys files

I have tried to reinstall the apk to the system/apps folder and still disappears.

Edited by remlap

Guest premieral
I have tried to reinstall the apk to the system/apps folder and still disappears.

I dont install it to that folder i just reinstalled it from that folder and no problems since :P however i do have it linked by link2sd to sd card dont know if that is why?

Guest il_cholo

it would very nice to upgrade our mems to 1gb if it would be so simple to replace as in a PC :P

Edited by il_cholo

Guest oldhippy

As it was one of the first devices with dual core, I wonder if the next version will be one of the first quad core machines...

On another note, I have seen shots of early vegas with a silver frame on the web...

Edited by oldhippy

Guest WWEpsp

we should get someone who has buy this, we should get that version of vegacomb!! LOL

anyway, newbe5 should look at this, because they're generating money with his FREE hard-work!

Guest newbe5
we should get someone who has buy this, we should get that version of vegacomb!! LOL

anyway, newbe5 should look at this, because they're generating money with his FREE hard-work!

Yup, looks like this is indeed running VegaComb BETA1 (maybe 1.3, the video is hazy)...

Really not sure what I should do about this, I mean, the ROM is definitely free to all and theres no issue with it working other tabs! But it's a bit annoying that a company is making money off something they haven't paid for or put any work in to. If anyone finds out anything more about this please let me know, I'd be interested to see if this is actually shipping with VegaComb or if they are just using it to demo while they put out their own official ROM.

Also, if VegaComb works on this tab, IF they do actually put out an official ROM built from sources, it will probably work on the Vega, so keep an eye out!

newbe5

EDIT: Messaged the creator of that video on Youtube requesting clarification. Bump my comment on the vid to the top to make sure people notice it...

Edited by newbe5

Guest tony barnes
EDIT: Messaged the creator of that video on Youtube requesting clarification. Bump my comment on the vid to the top to make sure people notice it...

Bumped for you, though ironically youtube wouldn't let me add a comment with my Vega!! Looking at the vid I honestly wouldn't be shocked if it was just a regular Vega with a different case. Would be amazed if they'd actually bothered with an IPS screen, though obviously that would be great. Given that the vega has a Tegra 250 in it, I'd also be shocked if they didn't increase the resolution beyond 1024 x 600 - the max it will output via LCD is 1680 x 1050 - http://www.nvidia.com/object/tegra-2.html - it is a 250, right?

Having been to China last year to visit my folks, when it comes to tech (and a lor of other stuff they try to sell) to be blunt, they lie a lot....

Still being a big girl and not putting VegaComb on yet... being abnormally patient so I don't wind myself up by installing badly many times! !! (It's a given, I will cock it up somehow, would rather just one or two hair pulling sessions!)

Edited by tony barnes

Guest derffie

Cheeky! Thats naughty, how do newbe5 and corvus stand on this, anybody know copywrite law? Been down the chinese tablet path, and not being snobbish, its a waste of time and cash, looks like a short run of these knock offs are gunna be hitting ebay soon.....

Guest beegee1962
Just found this device while searching on the web:

http://www.pandawill.com/android-3-0-venus...-8gb-black.html

It looks exactly like the Advent Vega, but it does have 3.0 out of the box and it does have 1GB of RAM.

Would be a shame if this device would be released in Europe soon, as I just bought my tablet a couple of months ago :P

EDIT: Found a Video!

EDIT 2: Does it say VegaComb over here!?

naamlooscp.jpg

This looks like my first tablet, the WSL XVision, which is the Japanese version of the Advent Vega. Same specs. Silver back and frame. (pictures)And if they offer it with HoneyComb they might use VegaComb for it.

Guest Vansphone
Yup, looks like this is indeed running VegaComb BETA1 (maybe 1.3, the video is hazy)...

Really not sure what I should do about this, I mean, the ROM is definitely free to all and theres no issue with it working other tabs! But it's a bit annoying that a company is making money off something they haven't paid for or put any work in to. If anyone finds out anything more about this please let me know, I'd be interested to see if this is actually shipping with VegaComb or if they are just using it to demo while they put out their own official ROM.

Also, if VegaComb works on this tab, IF they do actually put out an official ROM built from sources, it will probably work on the Vega, so keep an eye out!

newbe5

Perhaps you should edit your OP to include some words a bit like "Not to be used for commercial purposes without prior written consent. Please PM". You cannot make these things retrospective so it will only be of use from the time you post the words. Perhaps you should do this with your next beta upgrade. That way you will be able to easily spot an infringement. However, enforcing it is another matter.