black screen

Guest swisstoni

Guest swisstoni

Hi just got the advent vega few days back and managed to get the corvus5 rom on without much problem. Recently installed a usb host app from the market and suddenly the device wont boot just a black screen. The device is powering on but nothing happens, any ideas?

Guest trevor432990
Hi just got the advent vega few days back and managed to get the corvus5 rom on without much problem. Recently installed a usb host app from the market and suddenly the device wont boot just a black screen. The device is powering on but nothing happens, any ideas?

This should really be in the Corvus5 topic located here there were problems with black screen (BSOD) on early versions but they are supposed to be fixed now but add a new reply in there and someone will be along to help you I'm sure :P

Guest Dave Marchant

Any app that is used to switch USB Host mode depends entirely on the ROM used as it makes changes to the kernel. As far as I am aware, the only ROMs that the USB Host mode app works with are stock 1.08 and Modaco. If you run it on another ROM, it will mess up the kernel and you won't boot.

The remedy is to go back to stock 1.09 or 1.10 using the downloads and instructions on www.myadventvega.co.uk and start fresh. I think there are some other ways to get the kernel back to a working condition, but having done what you have done, I think this is the quickest.