Swedish Spring RLS4 T-Mobile UK Roaming Issues

Guest Sere83

Guest Sere83

So im using swedish spring RLS4 on T-Mobile UK. It has been working relatively well, but now I'm having issues.

I have to switch to orange to get reception in my house, but when I do I can't make any phone calls, or text. When I try and phone, line goes blank then hangs up. Texts don't send. My GPS doesn't work properly either, never locks on. Also sometimes finding networks just hangs.

Any help appreciated...

Guest womble_sanfran
So im using swedish spring RLS4 on T-Mobile UK. It has been working relatively well, but now I'm having issues.

I have to switch to orange to get reception in my house, but when I do I can't make any phone calls, or text. When I try and phone, line goes blank then hangs up. Texts don't send. My GPS doesn't work properly either, never locks on. Also sometimes finding networks just hangs.

Any help appreciated...

Did you have the same issue when on stock ROM? Try reverting to stock and seeing if you have the issue then?

Guest flshg

Any help appreciated...

Are you on gen1 or gen2?

Check your setting for 'use 2g networks only' and toggle it, to see if 2g/3g makes any difference. Disable wifi if it isnt already disabled (i find wifi sometimes cuts the mobile connection if its weak).

Try the gps fix from LanceH (do a search in these forums). It enables a-gps, so you need the data connection enabled along with gps.

Guest Mushroom_Lord
Have you signed up for T-mobile roaming?

I had the mirror problem with orange. I signed up for roaming (which i thought i'd already done) and pow, problem gone.

This should be the link for you:

http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/share/

Please note that this is currently (I believe) only for 2g services. 3g+ services whilst roaming will incur costs, even if you have a data plan.

EDIT: Nope, you can roam oranges data (and vice versa) with your normal data plan/charges. (as long as you are in the uk)

So you can safely enable "data roaming"

Must have changed since the switch first occurred.

Edited by Mushroom_Lord